Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Actually, I am perplexed and amused by the apprehension my avatar has caused. And culup, I can send you several pictures for you to inspect if you'd like. But when you are done you gotta send them back for they can't fall into ACD's hands!..
    Me, too!!! Can I inspect them too?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Just what kind of Public Information Officer function does in the military? One that correct's your grammar while in battle?

To defend yourself, just in case you needed to. In combat situations where you have the need to pull the trigger is another matter.
    I think the course of developments can be reconstructed quite easily: at first, Alli had a gun like everybody else. But then she threatened shooting people with more that three typos as a didactical emergency measure, so they had to take the gun away again...
    Last edited by clulup; 06/30/2004 at 07:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I think the course of developments can be reconstructed quite easily: at first, Alli had a gun like everybody else. But then she threatended shooting people with more that three typos as a didactical emergency measure, so they had to take the gun away again...
    I agree, with quick temper like Alli B., any gun in her possession could result into friendly fires.
    And culup, I can send you several pictures for you to inspect if you'd like. But when you are done you gotta send them back for they can't fall into ACD's hands!..
    Please, go ahead. All I can say so far is that nothing has arrived on my side that could weaken the "fake avatar" hypothesis. It goes without saying that the images are in safe hands with me, after all, I am Swiss.

And Chick-Dance, you seriously have to practice my Treocentral username, it's twice in a row now (see soccer thread) ..................
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    where're your/their treos?
    I have a screen protector on mine and keep it in my pocket. Sometimes in my pack.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Just what kind of Public Information Officer function does in the military? One that correct's your grammar while in battle?
    That's highly classified.

To defend yourself, just in case you needed to. In combat situations where you have the need to pull the trigger is another matter.
    We're not likely to see much combat in Alabama, and it's doubtful we'll ever get further than joint activities with the Mississippi state guard units. Interesting point though, as the local PD always expects us to be armed when we work for them.
    I think the course of developments can be reconstructed quite easily: at first, Alli had a gun like everybody else. But then she threatened shooting people with more that three typos as a didactical emergency measure, so they had to take the gun away again...
    You've been peeking in my personnel files, haven't you. And that's more THAN three typos.

That's one....
    I agree, with quick temper like Alli B., any gun in her possession could result into friendly fires.

Whatever gives you the idea that said fires would be friendly?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    You've been peeking in my personnel files, haven't you. And that's more THAN three typos.

That's one....
    Gosh, why did I right THAT instead of THAN? No idea. Lucky it was only one typo and not too.
    But seriously Alli, what does a Pubic Information Officer do in the army?
    Gosh, why did I right THAT instead of THAN? No idea. Lucky it was only one typo and not too.

Same reason you wrote "right" instead of "write." (You're Swiss?) Ummm...and it's "two" not "too." Maybe we'd better do a per post count. I can't afford the bullets.

That's two....
    But seriously Alli, what does a Pubic Information Officer do in the army?

Traditionally, the Public Information Officer is the person who makes sure that people on the outside get the right information about the people on the inside. In days gone by it was more press releases, now it includes webs. I'd give you mine, but I have a serious link issue at the moment, and it looks like doodoo. <getting out the FrontPage bible>
    Traditionally, the Public Information Officer is the person who makes sure that people on the outside get the right information about the people on the inside. In days gone by it was more press releases, now it includes webs. I'd give you mine, but I have a serious link issue at the moment, and it looks like doodoo. <getting out the FrontPage bible>
    Alli, I am disappointed. You missed one of my carefully selected typos in my last post (the Pubic Information Officer)... It's no fun this way. (You found the other too in the previous post, though... ) I think I will leave you alone with typos now, after all you are on vacation.
    clulup, sorry for the misspelling, my excuse: Writing with my Treo while riding the train . And regarding my pictures well, ACD-Dragon got a peek and approved their authenticity: And that's enough for me (of course he'll deny it but that's what I want him to do!)
    Well, well, claiming to have evidence and then being unable to come forward with it... reminds me of UFOlogists, Bigfootists and other highly dubious folk. I guess the fake avatar hypothesis has just scored some points
    Actually, I don't. We have to be under orders to be armed, and I'm not even licensed yet. (Scary thought, eh?) But I'm the Public Information Officer, not an MP. Why the very idea of me with a gun...frightening really.
    I can understand Alli. My gun frightens a lot of women too. But what should a girl do? Go hide in a bush?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    I VOTE FOR TRUTH IN AVATARS!

Okay, this fake avatar issue has gone far enough. I am putting a stop to it as far as I am concerned. I am posting my picture as my avatar and no more faking it! And the rest should do the same.....or else I will will soil my pampers.!

...ooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! BRING BACK MY MANGO!! [PLOOP!]
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Alli, I am disappointed. You missed one of my carefully selected typos in my last post (the Pubic Information Officer)... It's no fun this way. (You found the other too in the previous post, though... ) I think I will leave you alone with typos now, after all you are on vacation.

Honestly...I figured that was just the evil influence of ACD, so I ignored it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I can understand Alli. My gun frightens a lot of women too. But what should a girl do? Go hide in a bush?

Do you HONESTLY expect me to reply to this? ROFLMAO!!!!
    Alli, I can't remember in which thread the discussion about cell phones in the classroom took place, so I am throwing my few cents unto this thread. Personally (lawyer-speaking-blah), I see the cell phone with cameras as the most invasive and legally challenging (some health-clubs refuse them already). Nevertheless, I am attaching 3 articles here for the takers. Have fun on your trip!
    http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp...3&nav=2rRoNMGx
    http://www.nea.org/neatoday/0103/debate.html
    http://schoolmate.com/news/issues/winter01/
    You are right, it needn't be. But your question should be your answer as well: Men just don't get it. It isn't about "girls look sexy with a Treo" (whatever it means) that bothers me. It isn't about politically correct phrases either. It's about men and women as equals. Your post suggests that it is a unique phenomenon for us to own a Treo, like women who drive or work in constructions or being doctors or playing football or wrestle. It is a mindset hidden in mens' conscious. If AFLAC-dude understood it, I am sure you could too.
    (And for the record: I am not arguing, I am lecturing.)
    Good point. I feel the same way when exposed to the rather prevalent mindset that's hidden in some womens' concious that men just can't do certain things, like multi-task, be caring or faithful, etc. I expect nothing less than the same reaction from everyone who doesn't like premise of this thread when women voice one of these opinions.