Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    Seriously, the law? High school kids here are allowed to carry their phones but will be given an ASR (super duper detention) if they are caught using them without permission.

Right now it's a state law that students cannot have mobile phones on campus. Very few schools enforce it - we do. There was a thread here on TC a while back about it.

The biggest problem is that any time something happens, every kid in school calls home, and we have 300 parents all showing up in the lobby demanding to take their children home to keep them safe, although whatever it was is over and dealt with.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    ASR = Asymetrical Syringe Probe? Sounds painful!
    Not quite that bad. After school restriction. It's a 3 hour detention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    LOL. Similar to the last one, but new
    COULD be the same person as e.g. on the "cabin party" avatar, not really possible to tell. At this state, conjecture at best, maybe circumstantial evidence. Muziek's claim that it really is a picture of Chick-Dance, taken by her... well, she's a lawyer, I guess she would qualify it a hearsay. May just as well be part of a conspiration in order to confuse the rest of us Treocentral users...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Quite sure. I never torture anyone outside of a public school building.
    Ahhhh, you must not be married!

This thread is thoroughly entertaining...ok, mildy entertaining.....er, ok, so I'm really bored at work and it beats counting the ceiling tiles... Good stuff, keep it coming.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    And culup, I can send you several pictures for you to inspect if you'd like.
    Now what does he have that I ain't got? I'd like to inspect them too (especially after I recently spent an undisclosed amount of dollars on new inspection tools for an activity such as this). Nevertheless, I agree that your pictures in the hands of someone who wants to eat you is inadvisable (= ACD).
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Where's Sesame Street?

Seriously though, heard of it but never seen it, although a past girlfriend gave me an Elmo which sits in front of my CD collection. My parents didn't believe in tv.
    DIDN'T BELIEVE IN TV?!?!?!?!?!??????? What kind of craziness is that to say? I believe in TV more than the existence of a god. I was practically raised on it and look at how I turned out! In fact, TV was like a third parent to me. Don't ever turn away from TV because even if you stop believing in it - it won't stop believing in you as expressed by the existance of over 100 cable channels.
    Last edited by Bob-C; 06/29/2004 at 04:36 PM.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    Your pass has been revoked! And pretty soon you are going to say that my avatar is fake, no?
    First off I gotta say that I really like AC's new avatar. It's a 100% improvement. It almost even makes me forget Clairegrrl's avatar. No offense Clairegrrl. Your avatar is pretty damn hot but... I mean, this is MANGO! Who doesn't love Mango? Mango is supreme! I LOVE YOU MANGO!

As for fake avatars, I can say is that mine is 100% ALL Bob as I often log onto Treocentral while doing my business as pictured. In fact, as I'm doing right now. Why am I using a laptop in the picture instead of my Treo you wonder? Because it's much more difficult to drop a laptop into the toilet. (See other threads on "water damage"). Well, gotta go now. [SWOOSH!] And you're welcome for my sharing.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I don't care what all the rest say...both chick and claire's avatars improved this site tremendously.

-Joe
    Last edited by ExtraOrdinaryJo; 06/29/2004 at 06:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    I don't care what all the rest say...both chick and claire's avatars improved this site tremendously.
    -Joe
    I second that. (But wait: What about my avatar?)
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    And you're welcome for my sharing.

Sharinh is caring
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    g
    Yay! Musie's back! Where have you been?
    Hey Alli. To borrow from my role-model: I've been bizy bizy bizy
    How are ya?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    How are ya?!

I'm great! Your role-model? That's frightening. <snortle>
    I'm great! Your role-model? That's frightening. <snortle>
    Just wanted to boost ACD's ego but that could be a fatal mistake <snortle> back @ you
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Why am I using a laptop in the picture instead of my Treo you wonder?
    Because it's an iBook (PowerBook) that's why!
    I VOTE FOR TRUTH IN AVATARS!

Okay, this fake avatar issue has gone far enough. I am putting a stop to it as far as I am concerned. I am posting my picture as my avatar and no more faking it! And the rest should do the same.....or else I will will soil my pampers.!
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    God...after all of that, he's just a baby Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    God...after all of that, he's just a baby Troll
    How does a mean dragon turn into a baby Troll? By letting Chick get the best of a dragon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    How are ya?!
    Your role-model is Christopher Robin? (Bizy Baksun)
    Animo et Fide
    But I'm the Public Information Officer, not an MP.
    Just what kind of Public Information Officer function does in the military? One that correct's your grammar while in battle?

Why the very idea of me with a gun...frightening really.
    To defend yourself, just in case you needed to. In combat situations where you have the need to pull the trigger is another matter.