Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    You Brute
    Grrl, I am trying to maintain the personna of this avatar....and your not making it easy! Also the fact that you probably about two years older then my daughter makes it even more conflicting.!! LOL
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek

This is a song, this is a song
    This is ACD's song,
    He wrote the music,
    He wrote the song,
    That's ACD's sooooooooong...
    --Elmo

Do you watch Elmo on Sesame Street?
    Where's Sesame Street?

Seriously though, heard of it but never seen it, although a past girlfriend gave me an Elmo which sits in front of my CD collection. My parents didn't believe in tv.

Hey Muziek, is Chick-Face horribly disfigured? Only she doesn't seem to want her face photographing up close.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    the fact that you probably about two years older then my daughter
    I dont know what that has to do with anything. BTW...do you ever share any clothes with your daughter??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Hey clairegrrl, well behaved men rarely make history either
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    men rarely make history either
    I know...but somehow, most think that because they have that "Thingie" between their legs that they will all "Make History".

I think it's just insecurity. Ask ACD....he's not bothered by such trivial matters
    "Thingie"?

I think you're right about ACD not being bothered by having a Thingie.

What's a thingie? Do I need one? Only I've shelled out all this money for a nice shiny helmet and now it appears I need a "thingie" as well.
    Animo et Fide
    "Thingie"?
    I guess you're right...in computerspeak it would be referred as a dongle.

<hardware> /dong'gl/ (From "dangle" - because it dangles off the computer?)
    A small adaptor cable that connects, e.g. a PCMCIA modem to a telephone socket

Please note that it says a small connector
    As long as it's a snug fit in the socket, and has the correct number of prongs, the size doesn't matter does it? And does it need screwing in or is it push and click?

I'm going to get in trouble for this, I know I am
    Animo et Fide
    the size doesn't matter does it?
    Only a man would think that
    ttrundle, perhaps not, but I WAS talking to you. And, if you have been truly reading this thread with a cheerful disposition as you say, then you have fooled me. Welcome aboard then!
    Last edited by m00se; 06/29/2004 at 08:35 PM.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    You look awfully familiar in that uniform picture Alli. Are you sure you weren't one of THOSE prison guards from Iraq?

Quite sure. I never torture anyone outside of a public school building.
    Hey Alli, what do you do if you catch kids playing with stuff - like mobile phones - in lessons? I recommend putting the offending articles in the bin, and watch their little faces drop! Muaahhaaahhaaa!
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    I take it humor is not your specialty. (I read Chick's response to you and it was written in her usual fun-and-silly ways.) But to accuse her of being fake is unfair and childish at best.
    Now, since I took that picture you owe me an apology.

Yay! Musie's back! Where have you been?
    Hey Alli, what do you do if you catch kids playing with stuff - like mobile phones - in lessons? I recommend putting the offending articles in the bin, and watch their little faces drop! Muaahhaaahhaaa!
    Still better to have pupils playing with their mobile phones during the lesson than with their helmets....

Worse - I give the offending gadget to an administrator, who locks it up until a parent can come retrieve it. Kids can't have mobile phones on campus. It's not just a good idea - it's the law!
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Still better to have pupils playing with their mobile phones during the lesson than with their helmets....

And there's a lot of that going on at the high school level. Believe you me!
    My dad is a teacher, when I were a lad he used to keep me well supplied with water pistols that he'd confiscated and never got claimed back. I had a pump action shotgun, an uzi 9mm and loads of standard ones. Pity I went to school before mobile phones...
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Worse - I give the offending gadget to an administrator, who locks it up until a parent can come retrieve it. Kids can't have mobile phones on campus. It's not just a good idea - it's the law!
    Seriously, the law? High school kids here are allowed to carry their phones but will be given an ASR (super duper detention) if they are caught using them without permission.
    ASR = Asymetrical Syringe Probe? Sounds painful!
    Animo et Fide
    My dad is a teacher, when I were a lad he used to keep me well supplied with water pistols that he'd confiscated and never got claimed back. I had a pump action shotgun, an uzi 9mm and loads of standard ones. Pity I went to school before mobile phones...

You should see the mega super soaker I confiscated last spring. I could do some damage with that thing. lol I have a walkman too. But we do try to return the cell phones to the parents at least once.