Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks Alli!!
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
    Quote Originally Posted by gmall33
    Okay, not to pry but how did you guys come across these "Gmail invites"? I mean I hadn't even heard of Gmail until I came across it in the Geek.com website. I don't like to register for a lot of newsletters online, but then again, I don't think that's uncommon. So what's the big secret? How come some people got a bunch of invites and the rest of us hadn't even heard of them?

Once you open an account, you get to issue invitations. So it's not what you know, but who you know. Or to put it simply, stick to the gmail threads and ask for one the next time someone gets a batch. Simple!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Once you open an account, you get to issue invitations. So it's not what you know, but who you know. Or to put it simply, stick to the gmail threads and ask for one the next time someone gets a batch. Simple!
    How long do you have to wait after creating an account before you can invite people? It's been four days for me now...
    They just magically show up after several days. You'll see a red link on your inbox page.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I dunno what all the hype is with this but I suppose the only way to find out is to come cap in hand and ask if anyone would kindly donate a Gmail Invite to a confused English bloke... Many thanks in advance...

webmaster@feverdating.com - Fever Dating Webmaster Email

Herbman, Ur dancing spiderman is so camp it makes me laugh ;-) Check out the work association game...
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    They just magically show up after several days. You'll see a red link on your inbox page.

This may sound really dumb... but could someone please post a screen shot of this red link on the inbox page so I know what I'm looking for and what to expect? I wouldn't want to miss it when I do get mine.

Thanks in advance...
    Quote Originally Posted by dpuza
    This may sound really dumb... but could someone please post a screen shot of this red link on the inbox page so I know what I'm looking for and what to expect? I wouldn't want to miss it when I do get mine.

Thanks in advance...
    Apart from the 'M' in GMail that link is the only one in red! You can't miss it! It'll be a link after 'create a filter'.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zackz
    Apart from the 'M' in GMail that link is the only one in red! You can't miss it! It'll be a link after 'create a filter'.
    I still haven't gotten the link, but now I know where to look! Thanks zackz!
    Would anyone be willing to send me an invite? I work at TiVo and I could maybe offer my services to help you upgrade your TiVo hard drive cleanly. It depends on the model, you can private message me if you're intested an I'll let you know what i can do. Or perhaps a TiVo remote ($30 value, I believe.)
    I've got a couple if anyone still wants one.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    I've got a couple if anyone still wants one.
    may i have one thx.. in advance..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aznmask
    may i have one thx.. in advance..
    Sorry, they're gone. I'll let you know if I get more.
    I want to be able to get my hotmail emails on my treo 600. What program can i use for that.

I will reward the best anwser that meets my needs with a GMAIL Invite. I have two invites so make that my top two best options.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by conman06
    I want to be able to get my hotmail emails on my treo 600. What program can i use for that.

I will reward the best anwser that meets my needs with a GMAIL Invite. I have two invites so make that my top two best options.

Thanks
    If you've got a linux box set up somewhere, you can use hotwayd. This lets you access hotmail (or a bunch of other webmail systems) via POP3. For a while, I had this set up on my machine at home, and then would use fetchmail and cron to check it every five minutes and forward it to a real account (my ISP prevents me from checking my mail from the outside, it blocks the ports I would need to use).

The system worked very well for me, though I have since stopped using the hotmail account altogether.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    This Saturday it will be two weeks since I created the Gmail account, and I still don't have the option to Invite. Is this normal... ? What's the deal?
    I've received two batches of invites (6 each), but I haven't received any invites in a couple of weeks. I assume Gmail is waiting a period of time before issuing another round.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345