Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I thought this thread was good for a laugh. Keep it where it is...every now and then you need some humor (even though it is at the expense of another)...and he did say he invented the Internet, and the comment about the Lockbox, etc. He and Ross Perot should get together and just shoot the sh#t. I would love to see that televised...wouldnt you..

rob
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by loudpocket
    One question - Sprint or GSM?
    All I know is that it worked in Switzerland (GSM, better connection than in the US, which is not surprising). Does that mean it cannot be Sprint?
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Gore doesn't use a case for his Treo 600. He keeps it safe in a lockbox.
    Yes he does. He actually passed on the empty case to his assistant and kept the Treo in his pocket .
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjuhl
    WHEN???? Will the loser quit crying about being cheated??? It is really beyond the pale. No one enjoys losing that way or that closely, but there is such a thing as being professional and gracious when you lose!! Time to move on!
    Did I say anything about him crying about being cheated? He actually made some very good jokes about him losing, and about his new life as former vice-president (like looking into the rear-view mirror and asking himself "where's the motorcade?"), no sign of bitterness for me.
    Gore was the keynote speaker at last year's BlackBerry Conference in New Orleans. Based on the reaction he got there when, instead of sticking to something they wanted to hear about, he started giving a political speech, I can understand why he got a Treo 600
    Don't hype the media 'HYPE', everybody has spin...........Its our job to seperate the wheat from the chaff!

Quote Originally Posted by adz1966
    Well said mrjoec, very well said. Too many people today believe the twisted, distorted media hype, and use that instead of doing a little research on their own and forming their own opinion.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec
    Too unschooled in the practices of underhanded politics to be an effective world leader. Yes.
    But not stupid.
    Obviously not stupid..........but definetely well schooled in the practice of underhanded politics.

My opinion of Mr. Gore is that he is a politician in the classic sense: Takes all of the credit, wants none of the blame. Worse than that the poor man doesn't have an original thought in his head. <-------harsh but more fact than fiction.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    I would be more surprised if Bush had a treo. I didn't think he was smart enough to figure out how to use it. Then again, "treo" sounds too french. Maybe it should be called the "freedom phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by wilme2
    Too bad he isn't running for pres this year instead of Kerry...
    Why? What does he have to offer? Do you want this country to capitulate to soft special interests and foreign terrorists (oh, sorry you libs- I forgot, they're called freedom fighters. The only terrorists are the barbaric American soldiers, right?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Ya I can just imagine how wonderful our economy would be, how high our taxes would be, how many more in-country terrorist attacks we'd have suffered from if Gore had been elected.

Gore should do a commercial for the treo. He could demo blazer and say" See how easy it is to surf the net, which I invented, with the treo 600."

Francisco, how have you personally suffered because Bush is president? On your level what would have been different it it had been Gore?
    The entire country has suffered under Bush. Personally my property taxes have risen nearly 30% thanks to the "Bush Tax" http://bushtax.com

America's integrity, reputation and character have suffered. Bush has brought to the fore hypocrisy and arrogance. History will know him as the most inept and corrupt pResident of the White House, with Nixon a close second.

Gore would have been a better president and more effective against terrorism. Clinton/Gore caught most of the terrorists that ever attacked the US. The economy was fantastic under Clinton.

On February 10, 1995, a counterterrorism bill drafted by the Clinton Administration was introduced in the Senate and in the House of Representatives. For the record, these bills are almost IDENTICAL to what the Bush administration has adopted.

However, when Clinton presented them, the Republicans SCREAMED!! "The Clinton bill is a mixture of: provisions eroding constitutional and statutory due process protections, selective federalization. . .of state crimes (minus state due process rules), discredited ideas from the Reagan and Bush Administrations, and the extension of some of the worst elements of crime bills of the recent past."

Treasury and Justice Department officials balked at President Clinton's first attempts to pressure foreign banks to seize al-Qaeda accounts.

Clinton was successful at grounding Ariana, the Afghan national airline used by al-Qaeda for international travel and weapons smuggling.

Clinton also began amassing a list of businesses and charities suspected of aiding terrorists. This list was used by the Bush administration after 9/11.

Clinton also asked for the development of a Predator drone; it would be armed with Hellfire missiles. It was not operational until President Bush came in. Bush never used it.

Clinton had submarines on quick standby attack. President Bush asked them to stand down when he came into power.

Clinton had, in published accounts, death squads from Pakistan, Afghanistan, from the United States' CIA and Northern Alliance all trying go after bin Laden.

the federal budget on anti-terror activities tripled during Clinton's watch, to about $6.7 billion.

Most important: Clinton handed over a plan to attack the al-Qaeda network. Bush ignored it for eight months. After 9/11, Rice implemented Clinton's plan.

Also handed over to Bush when he took office was a detailed assessment of Osama Bin Laden's network, and how to combat it.

Sorry.....There are other forums on the web for discussion of politics. Let's enjoy the Treo here....and not let politics get in the way.
    First off, let me start by stating that I'm no fan of Al Gore. I don't think he would have made a great president, etc.

Having said that, however, I think some of you people need to stop watching Fox news exclusively. Go back through the original newspaper archives surrounding the whole "Invented the Internet" debacle, and educate yourselves about what was really said that day, and how the media twisted it. Because, non-partisan centrist that I am, whenever I hear people whose opinions I otherwise respect flaunting their ignorance by buying into a distorted, hyped-up biased statement like "Al Gore said he invented the Internet" I tend to lose interest and respect for everything else they say.

And it would be the same thing if someone kept making cracks about something Bush was supposed to have said that he didn't say.

Get the facts, people. If you want to dig on a polititan, dig on his many REAL flaws, not the ones the media invents to sell papers or get ratings.

And as far as speculating on the state of the economy or the frequency of terror attacks had the election turned out differently, that's rather adolescent, isn't it? Easy to win an argument based on theorheticals. Let's stick with what ACTUALLY happened, instead of what MIGHT have happened, shall we? So that both sides can debate the FACTS, instead of the assumptions?
    Well said. The misinformation coming out of Faux news and GOP shills like Limbaugh and Hannity is amazing. More amazing are the sheep that believe it.

Sad....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    Why? What does he have to offer? Do you want this country to capitulate to soft special interests and foreign terrorists (oh, sorry you libs- I forgot, they're called freedom fighters. The only terrorists are the barbaric American soldiers, right?)
    Setting the record straight on who's soft on terrorism

Bush years:

2000 USS Cole - Within a 1.5 months of the USS Cole bombing, Yemen had suspects charged (see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/1054582.stm
    ) Oddly, the day after Baghdad fell to US troops, those suspects "escaped" from Yemeni prison (see
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2940251.stm
    PERPETRATORS STILL AT LARGE

2001 September 11 - Investigation not finished, Bush stonewalling investigators. 800 prisioners in Guantamo Bay but OBL is not in jail

2001 Anthrax letters - Investigation stalled

2002 Pakistan, Jordan - 3 attacks claiming at least 10 american lives

2003 Riyadh bombings - 2 separate incidents. Investigation in progress. No arrests

2003 Turkey bombings - Investigators found link to Al Qaeda, Osama

2003, 2004 Ricin mailings - Investigation pending

Clinton years

1993 WTC 1 attack - Four followers of the Egyptian cleric Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman were captured, convicted of the World Trade Center bombing in March 1994, and sentenced to 240 years in prison each. The purported mastermind of the plot, Ramzi Ahmed Yousef, was captured in 1995, convicted of the bombing in November 1997, and also sentenced to 240 years in prison. One additional suspect fled the U.S. and is believed to be living in Baghdad.
    DONE

1995 Riyadh bombing - Saudi Arabian authorities arrested four Saudi nationals whom they claim confessed to the bombings, but U.S. officials were denied permission to see or question the suspects before they were convicted and beheaded in May 1996.

DONE

1995 Okhlahoma city - Investigated. Perps arrested. 1 death penalty already executed

DONE

1996 Khobar Towers, Dhahran - A federal grand jury in Alexandria, Virginia, indicted thirteen Saudis and an unidentified Lebanese chemist for the Khobar Towers bombing. The suspects remain in Saudi custody, beyond the reach of the American justice system. (Saudi Arabia has no extradition treaty with the U.S.)

DONE

1998 African Embassy bombings - Four participants with ties to Osama bin Laden were captured, convicted in U.S. federal court, and sentenced to life in prison without parole in October 2001.

DONE

2000 USS Cole bombing - The USS Cole bombing occurred one month before the 2000 presidential election, so even under the best of circumstances it was unlikely that the investigation could have been completed before the end of President Clinton's term of office three months later.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/clinton.htm
    http://www.angelfire.com/hi5/pearly/...terrorism.html

Clinton's covert hunt for bin Laden
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...ntentId=A62725 -2001Dec18

Any questions?
    Originally posted by Clulup
    "quote"
    It is truely a shame the wrong guy got elected four years ago, a
    view that was obviously shared both by him and by the vast majority of the (mostly Swiss) audience.
    "unquote"

Originally posted by Clulup
    Did I say anything about him crying about being cheated?

Actually, no, I was just replying to the above statement in your first post. I haven't heard Gore comment lately one way or the other, being completely honest. Can't say the same for those against Bush, however.

But, I plan to 'let it go' now also. An unwinable discussion. So, no offense intended.
    RJuhl
    Quote Originally Posted by gchomuk
    Clinton years

?
    Don't forget his golf game.
    Clinton's covert hunt for bin Laden
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...ntentId=A62725 -2001Dec18

Any questions?

This link provides us with the most unbiased non partisan viewpoint on everything....BAH!

If Clinton was soooo good at catching terrorists, how did 9/11 happen? C'mon people, no president is responsible for terrorist attacks. TERRORISTS ARE!!! And why? Because they think killing innocent people is the answer to their problems and the way to heaven. Completely rational behavior....hardly.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    funny that no one has pointed out yet that Al Gore had to leave his home country and travel across the globe to find a crowd interested in what he has to say.

-WC-
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    Don't forget his golf game.
    Don't believe everything you read: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/p/patterson.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by gchomuk
    Don't believe everything you read: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/p/patterson.htm

All your link says is that the original news article can't be verified by others, not that the article is false.

"Non-partisan centrist"? Nice label you picked out for yourself - but it's not accurate.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    All your link says is that the original news article can't be verified by others, not that the article is false.

"Non-partisan centrist"? Nice label you picked out for yourself - but it's not accurate.
    Firstly, I am not the one who labelled myself a "non-partisan centrist", secondly the article claims that Sandy Berger (Clintons SOD) denied the event occured. So it becomes his word against Peterson's.

As I have previously stated, politics is best left to forums devoted to politics. I just hate to see misinformed (potential) voters and have a tende ncy to respond. This marks the end of my participation in this thread.

Have an outstanding day.
  20.    #60  
    And if one thing is clear as day (again to unbiased eyes) it's that while Gore is far from perfect, he's no dummy. Naive, yes. Too trusting of the reporters who interviewed him. Yes. Too unschooled in the practices of underhanded politics to be an effective world leader. Yes.

But not stupid.
    I do not know whether the things said above about Gore are true. Judging from the last 3.5 years of Bush in office, it becomes clear that instead of Gore the US now have a president who is, in addition to what was said above, also stupid.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast