Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    This is too funny: I was doing a search for "Weather Apps" since it's freezing outside, and I want to know if it's cold enough for me to freeze my cahonoes off (my jacket was mangled in a car accident 2 months, still haven't bought another). I looked at page 1 - Gore uses a Treo, Page 7 - the deficit, the debt, and the elections, and page 11 - Israel vs. Palestinian state. Man, these threads really travel... Sorry, that was a bit off topic
    <a href="http://www.terriblemovies.com">TerribleMovies.Com</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by ziphem
    ...Sorry, that was a bit off topic
    And very much appreciated!
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    I was just wondering if Al Gore did the firmware update yet and how he made out.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    "What would have been differant if it had been Gore?"

Is that a serious question? The tax rebate would not have gone to the wealthy, we would not have invaded Iraq without a real coalition, the patriot act would have not have been as dangerous as it is, NO **** Chaney, NO Condy Rice, NO Ashcroft. What would NOT have been differant is the correct question. Has Bush been bad for me? l live in NYC! We still have a recession. Did I mention gas prices, Enron, every child left behind, a HUGE federal deficit that we and our children and their children will be paying off for decades! Bringing religion into the white house. An administration that outs a CIA operative because they are pissed at her husband! Then again, maybe we should leave politics out of the treo discussions. I could go on for hours, as could others. 800 + soldiers dead in Iraq, and more dieing every day. Chalabi! Terrorists in Iraq (they weren't there before we got there). And so on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I was just wondering if Al Gore did the firmware update yet and how he made out.
    It went very well, as Gore made the Firmware Update. As a result, it's a perfect fit for his particular Treo (which also explains why so many people have been having a problem getting it to work on theirs...)
    <a href="http://www.terriblemovies.com">TerribleMovies.Com</a>
  6.    #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by klowy
    Then again, maybe we should leave politics out of the treo discussions. I could go on for hours, as could others. 800 + soldiers dead in Iraq, and more dieing every day. Chalabi! Terrorists in Iraq (they weren't there before we got there). And so on...
    I agree with you that we should leave politics out of Treo discussions - that's why we have the Off Topic section (granted, I started this thread in the Treo 600 Hardware section, but it was on topic then...).

What I like about Treocentral is that you have people with all sorts of backgrounds and beliefs who have one thing in common: using a Treo (or having used one [or a Visor, in memory of Visorcentral], or planning to use one).
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Holy cow, you lack of perspective is only dwarfed by your lack of facts - but let's not let the facts get in the way of a good emotional rant.....

The tax rebate would not have gone to the wealthy...
    it was a tax cut, with the lowest incomes getting the most significant percentage improvement. And please save me the $ for $ comparison unless you think it is reasonable to get a $5k rebate on a porsche as well as on a kia..

the patriot act would have not have been as dangerous as it is,
    state one documented case of abuse, and don't forget, the President can enact NO laws - that's the job of the Congress. If you have a beef with the Patriot Act, call your senator or congressman, they are the ones who drafted, debated and voted on it....

l live in NYC! We still have a recession.
    Remembere that 9/11 incident - I am impressed that NYC didn't go bankrupt...

gas prices, Enron
    Drill in ANWAR, the goons at Enron were arrested under Bush, and began and continued their efforts under Clinton.....

a HUGE federal deficit that we and our children and their children will be paying off for decades!
    I know (if you have children) you will be different, no school loans for them, no mortgages for them because you don't want your kids subject to huge deficits .........

Bringing religion into the white house.
    ...as opposed to adulterous sex in the oval office....

An administration that outs a CIA operative because they are pissed at her husband!
    You did see the interview this operative gave, including photos, detailing her secretive lifestyle (all before the alleged scandal)......

I could go on for hours on your bad data. Are there issues, sure. You use of sound bites and democratic talking points indicates you've done very little research and have few facts to go on.....
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    Holy cow, you lack of perspective is only dwarfed by your lack of facts - but let's not let the facts get in the way of a good emotional rant.....
    It makes me hot (sic!) when you sound like Ann Coulter...
    Somewhere in Texas a village is missing an *****.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timmins
    It makes me hot (sic!) when you sound like Ann Coulter...
    I hope you're a woman...... not that there's anything wrong with that - or do you mean mad ??
    Quote Originally Posted by ziphem
    It went very well, as Gore made the Firmware Update. As a result, it's a perfect fit for his particular Treo (which also explains why so many people have been having a problem getting it to work on theirs...)

Wouldn't that be great if Al Gore frequents Treocentral on his 600 and was following this thread? Wonder what his username would be. Maybe SenatorInternet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Wouldn't that be great if Al Gore frequents Treocentral on his 600 and was following this thread? Wonder what his username would be. Maybe SenatorInternet.
    Or maybe InternetInventor92
    Or Purple G.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Is it me, or am I just the only one that doesn't care what phone Al Gore uses?

Personally I would hope the people in these positions used a phone that was a little more reliablie.... "yes, Mr. President, I said go ahead and push... <reset>" ;-)
    ya know I never really knew how to read gore when he campaigned.

he was always very convoluted in his arguments, basing them on sources which we the people couldn't up and check for ourselves.

he was ambiguous. and very condescending - which was insulting - this caused an instant dislike for the guy.

strange, you know, im in nj. our democratic gov jim mcgreevey is just as convoluted, arrogant, and insulting, what is it with today's democrats?
    many people I've met have had this common experience with him - pretentious, arrogant, condescending, and an "i am more important than you" 'tude goin on here. ( his mother is ridiculously pretentious as well)

why the hell are most democrats like this today and what's more, how the hell do they expect to be elected with such swollen egos? its absurd!
    hillary clinton is another steely example. I mean what is up with today's dems' 'tudes anymore?
    I can say for sure that as long as they continue on this absurd road to arrogance, they aint gettin support by my end.
    someone always taught me manners and humility were things you admired in a leader - they tend to let you know with more assurance that they are on YOUR side too
    Last edited by treobk214; 06/15/2004 at 07:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    i think you hit the nail onthe head. Casey (PA Gov) was a dem and had broad support - very down to earth - his kids are the same way (I went to high school wit them). Clinton (for as much as I dislike his moral probs) is exceptional at making people feel important and meeting them at their level. I think this is also what we saw with Reagan's funeral last week - people felt they connected with him.....

I think this attitude comes from people who think they "own" the connection to the regular folk, and were put here to protect them....... because they are really not that bright..... at least that is the way they come across.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    ya know I never really knew how to read gore when he campaigned.

he was always very convoluted in his arguments, basing them on sources which we the people couldn't up and check for ourselves.

he was ambiguous. and very condescending - which was insulting - this caused an instant dislike for the guy.
    why the hell are most democrats like this today and what's more, how the hell do they expect to be elected with such swollen egos? its absurd!
    [/QUOTE]

I don't think it's all Democrats. PA's current governor, and Philly's former mayor, Ed Rendell is pretty down to earth. He felt like a normal Philly person when he was mayor here. In fact, he used to regularly go on the Philly sports talk shows and you could tell it was genuinely because he's just as passionate about the sports teams as any of us in the stadium. Even as governor he still does it. But then again, Rendell is not a typical Democrat - or politician - he's much more moderate and seems to decide for himself what is right and wrong instead of just bowing down to party lines. Like a person would as opposed to a politician. That to me is what's most important. It's why I voted for Rendell every election despite my being registered Republican. I make up my own mind and don't just pull all the levers down one side of the booth. I hate people who do that and I hate these politicians - from both parties - who seem to have to check with their party as to what their convictions are before stating them.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Or Purple G.
    HA! I think you hit it on the nose heberman. BTW, I haven't heard that guy's whining for quite awhile. I guess he cancelled his internet access in order to save up money for one of his $1,000 Windows Super Soldier phones that will "someday soon" be available on the market.
    Has anyone read Bill Clinton's new book yet? I hear it's really good. Can't wait to pick it up. You gotta love that guy!
    I just wanted to see if it was possible to post something about Clinton that wouldn't result in a thread being closed.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast