im bored
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner
    Oak, Pine?
    Pressure Treated?
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Board. Bored. Yea, yea, whatever.

I was bored earlier. The power went out at school. Do you have any idea what it's like to spend 4 hours in the dark with a group of teenagers? I don't advise it...although I did get to hear a lot of really juicy gossip.
    I sat in a Microsoft Project class all day. Talk about bored. Too much talking and not enough hands on.
    You people need to put more games on your Treo
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Board. Bored. Yea, yea, whatever.

I was bored earlier. The power went out at school. Do you have any idea what it's like to spend 4 hours in the dark with a group of teenagers? I don't advise it...although I did get to hear a lot of really juicy gossip.
    What grade do you teach? (I am assuming you are a teacher?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    What grade do you teach? (I am assuming you are a teacher?)
    I teach h.s. 9-12 inclusive. The class that I got to hold for 4 hours in the dark yesterday was 10th and 11th graders. (Our seniors have already flown the coop although their last day isn't officially until tomorrow.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    You people need to put more games on your Treo
    My games, in order of purchase/beam:

Bejewled
    DopeWars
    Monopoly
    Yahtzee
    Scrabble
    Trivial Pursuit
    TicTacToe
    WordPOP!
    Wordful

Do ya think I need more games?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I teach h.s. 9-12 inclusive. The class that I got to hold for 4 hours in the dark yesterday was 10th and 11th graders. (Our seniors have already flown the coop although their last day isn't officially until tomorrow.)
    I do admire you. In fact, I think teachers are right up there with God. I have 3 kids (7th grade, 3rd grade and preschool) and I could not imagine the intelligence, patience, stamina and endurance required of a teacher. THE very noblest of professions.

So ... when is your last day?? Whatcha doin' during the summer?
    I do admire you. In fact, I think teachers are right up there with God. I have 3 kids (7th grade, 3rd grade and preschool) and I could not imagine the intelligence, patience, stamina and endurance required of a teacher. THE very noblest of professions.

So ... when is your last day?? Whatcha doin' during the summer?
    Thank you for your kind words. There are days where my patience and endurance are sorely tested. This time of year is especially gruelling as our teens are affected by seasonal stupidity.

Last day for seniors is tomorrow, with graduation on the 10th. Not sure what dimbulb decided that seniors should leaave school prior to the end of the school year...in my day graduation was the day after school ended, and we didn't face half the vandalism caused by roving bands of bored almostgraduates. The last day for all other students is the 19th, so we're already counting the days. Teachers have to come on the 20th to get report cards together, and I head off to Army ROTC camp on the 22 for two weeks. The rest of June I will either be back in the employ of the county for http://tripforteachers.org or doing some travel (if I'm really lucky). Summers just aren't as long as they used to be; didn't they used to last 3 months? Now we just have June and July, and we're back in the classrooms on August 5th.

Fortunately I love my kids. Pity I don't hold my colleagues in the same high esteem.
    My daughter doesn't have commencement until 6/5 but she only has one week of school left. Kids are offered the option of 'senior project' in lieu of classes during the last month.
    Teachers have to come on the 20th to get report cards together, and I head off to Army ROTC camp on the 22 for two weeks. The rest of June I will either be back in the employ of the county for http://tripforteachers.org or doing some travel (if I'm really lucky). Summers just aren't as long as they used to be; didn't they used to last 3 months? Now we just have June and July, and we're back in the classrooms on August 5th.

Fortunately I love my kids. Pity I don't hold my colleagues in the same high esteem.
    Two weeks of ROTC camp??!! Oh yeah, that's what I'd want to do to relax!! <G>

Yeah, I seem to recall (as a kid) getting bored and wanting to go back to school. Can you imagine??! Summers go wayyyyy too fast...
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    My daughter doesn't have commencement until 6/5 but she only has one week of school left. Kids are offered the option of 'senior project' in lieu of classes during the last month.
    A senior project would be great. We just send ours out onto the streets to do things like vandalize the cars in the teacher/student parking lots, and get into trouble.
    Two weeks of ROTC camp??!! Oh yeah, that's what I'd want to do to relax!! <G>

Yeah, I seem to recall (as a kid) getting bored and wanting to go back to school. Can you imagine??! Summers go wayyyyy too fast...
    Two weeks of anything different is relaxing.

I always hated summers as a kid and went to summer school just for the helluvit. But I swear summers are shorter now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    I teach summer school and it shrinks the summer even further...
    (What subject do you teach again, Alli?)
    You couldn't pay me enough to teach summer school. Thank god, they don't offer electives in summer school so it's not even an issue for me. If they suddenly decide to offer French I may get tempted.... Nahhhhhh.

Power outage Monday, broken sewer line Tuesday, can't wait to see what today holds!
    You couldn't pay me enough to teach summer school.
    You couldn't pay me enough to be taught in summer school
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    You couldn't pay me enough to be taught in summer school
    ROFLMAO! There are some people who couldn't be paid enough to learn...no matter where or when. Unfortunately, most of them are on my faculty.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Bored...
    Let's see... load up some good books on the Treo and read them? Take pictures for random people doing crazy things with your Treo and post them here? go to www.mobileasses.com, sign up and try getting some good pics for the site...

Or, come down to DC and sail on the Potomac, it's a beautiful day here!
    ROFLMAO! There are some people who couldn't be paid enough to learn...no matter where or when. Unfortunately, most of them are on my faculty.
    That's priceless
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    I wonder when you, a learned member of the faculty, learned that the faculty, had lost the faculty to learn?
    About the same time I lost my own faculties.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast