Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hmmm.teachers..such a hard life..lets look at teachers here in the UK..2 1/2 weeks off at Xmas, another week off in February, 2 weeks in April, 4 days off local holidays in May and then a miserly 8/9 weeks in summer..and then as it's such a shock to their system to have to go back to work in September then the poor souls get another week off in October...ah bless their little cotton socks...
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    hmmm.teachers..such a hard life..lets look at teachers here in the UK..2 1/2 weeks off at Xmas, another week off in February, 2 weeks in April, 4 days off local holidays in May and then a miserly 8/9 weeks in summer..and then as it's such a shock to their system to have to go back to work in September then the poor souls get another week off in October...ah bless their little cotton socks...
    Ahhh yes, we get all that time to make up for the 14 hour days without comp or overtime, the mandatory basketball, football, soccer games that we must attend on evenings, weekends, the buckets of papers we carry home on weekends (also without comp or overtime), and the fact that while we're in school we cannot leave our rooms to do things like go to the bathroom, and get only 22 minutes/day for lunch.

Wanna trade?
    like nobody else working ever has to do early mornings or work late or take stuff home ??....it's amazing you've found time to make 687 posts !!!!!!!!!
    xx
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    like nobody else working ever has to do early mornings or work late or take stuff home ??....it's amazing you've found time to make 687 posts !!!!!!!!!
    xx

I'll take that as a no, you couldn't trade if you desperately wanted to. Not many people have the guts to teach.
    Thanks for my Sunday mornin'snortle!
    I couldn't agree more. It's not god that's missing...it's good old fashion discipline.
    Can't we beat them into submission and FORCE their RESPECT?

No, eh? Oh well.....
    And on that note, in the immortal words of Alice Cooper "School's Out for Summer!"

I am beside myself with glee. Look! There I am over there!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12