Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Do you really believe that both independent discussion forum server hard drives suddenly stopped working just like that? VERY unlikely, isn't it? Actually, it is quite obvious that this was not an accident. The fact that the only off-site backup was that old almost proves the suspicion.

The question then is: who was tampering with the server, who has an interest in closing down this forum? Of couse PalmOne comes to mind, together with the carriers. Isn't it clear that they have every interest in getting rid of the public discussion of unlocking the SIM-lock here on Treocentral? Maybe somebody was getting too close to the unlock code?

On the other hand, the timing of the incident points into another direction: the Bush administration, together with NSA and CIA of course. They have the know-how and the resources to do something like this, that much is certain. Personally, I guess it was the thread "Remember this the next time the Bush Administration knows something for sure" which was posted just after the point when all the date is missing now. Obviously, the Bush administration has something to hide there!!! I am sure also others see that this was not just an accident or coincidence! Who believes in coincidence anyway, right?

P.S.: Disclaimer:
    (a) No, I do not suffer from paranoia!
    (b) No, I am not being serious! But I always wanted to have my own conspiration theory and this looked like a very good opportunity!
    Last edited by clulup; 04/26/2004 at 08:27 AM.
    Actually, it's more likely that Microsoft is behind it. Or whoever the company is that makes the OS for that silly phone that lost against the Treo in the March Madness contest.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    Actually, it's more likely that Microsoft is behind it. Or whoever the company is that makes the OS for that silly phone that lost against the Treo in the March Madness contest.
    With all due respect Mol, but don't you think that in that case Microsoft would have targeted the March Madness Contest Server? In fact it is even possible that their server is already infected by Microsoft NT or XP or some other trojan Microsoft uses to open security holes in computers.

Has it never occurred to you that the whole discussion board server breakdown may be nothing else than a ruse to get behind YOUR TRUE IDENTITY? Or mine?? Better watch out!!
    It only means that CNET is likely to be part of the conspiracy. We knew already that they were paid to make that other silly phone win, didn't we?
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Do you really believe that both independent discussion forum server hard drives suddenly stopped working just like that? VERY unlikely, isn't it? Actually, it is quite obvious that this was not an accident.
    Elvis, Sasquatch, and I concur.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Where are Scully and Mulder when you really need them?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wmillea
    Where are Scully and Mulder when you really need them?
    Has anybody noticed those little round buttons that have suddenly appeared out of the blue after the so-called "breakdown" in the lower left corner underneath the avatar (in the box left of the post). Why is my button gray ("clulup is offline") while I am actually ONLINE? Maybe they have built a little webcam into those buttons in order to observe us while we sit in front of the screen? Is your button also gray? VERY suspicious!!! I have tried to stick insulation tape over the button, but it keeps moving so it doesn't really help. How can I get rid of it, why doesn't Treocentral do something against it??? Are they part of it?
    The buttons of most members are green on my screen. I think it actually indicates whether you've been scrutinized.
    Has anybody noticed those little round buttons that have suddenly appeared out of the blue after the so-called "breakdown" in the lower left corner underneath the avatar (in the box left of the post). Why is my button gray ("clulup is offline") while I am actually ONLINE? Maybe they have built a little webcam into those buttons in order to observe us while we sit in front of the screen? Is your button also gray? VERY suspicious!!! I have tried to stick insulation tape over the button, but it keeps moving so it doesn't really help. How can I get rid of it, why doesn't Treocentral do something against it??? Are they part of it?
    My button turned green after I filled out an email with my name, date of birth, address and all other sorts of information. I think the color is directly related to the balance in my bank account which has rapidly gone down since I completed the email request!

Or maybe the email info just caused my username to appear bigger on that left pane than before.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

You mean you didn't know?

Itís a code for the carriers so they know when you are being critical of their services. Haven't you noticed in the past that those who made negative posts about a carrier one week were back the next week complaining of dropped calls. Coincidence? I don't think so. To bad all the testimonial text was lost in the "crash".
  11.    #11  
    You mean you didn't know?

Itís a code for the carriers so they know when you are being critical of their services. Haven't you noticed in the past that those who made negative posts about a carrier one week were back the next week complaining of dropped calls. Coincidence? I don't think so. To bad all the testimonial text was lost in the "crash".
    This is a very significant observation. Since long I thought it was virtually impossible that all those Treo malfunctions were only due to bad quality of assembly, parts, etc. There has to be more behind it, no? I think this due to them hacking into our phones. And did you realize how fast the battery drains? This must be because lots of powerful applications are constantly running in the background in order to spy on us! And the buzzing sound that constantly returns and no one can get rid of?? Ha, they can't fool us any longer, can they?!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    This is a very significant observation. Since long I thought it was virtually impossible that all those Treo malfunctions were only due to bad quality of assembly, parts, etc. There has to be more behind it, no? I think this due to them hacking into our phones. And did you realize how fast the battery drains? This must be because lots of powerful applications are constantly running in the background in order to spy on us! And the buzzing sound that constantly returns and no one can get rid of?? Ha, they can't fool us any longer, can they?!

Yes! And this is why firmware 3.04 has not been officially released. It would undercut all the spyware embedded in the system files. They were loosing control! The crash was an act of desperation on the part of "THEM"!
    You guys don't know what you're talking about. There can only be two possibilities:

1. It's the Symbian-OS(pronounced "symbianoze") Liberation Army. Repeat after me, "I am Tanya... I hate Palm OS..."

or

2. It's the Martians. They're tired of seeing these offensively stereotypical depictions of Marvin the Martian found in some TreoCentral members' avatars. Everyone knows they stopped wearing that stupid helmet years ago! Also, they've had it with those nosy rovers that crash and bounce all over their planet and poke around their secret bases. The government knows all about it. Why do you think the Mt. St. Helens Volcano Web Cam is down RIGHT NOW - maintenence? Yeah, right! See for yourself:

http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/mshnvm/volcanocam/

This is obviously where the invasion force is landing. THE INVASION IS IMMINENT!!! KEEP YOUR TREO FULLY CHARGED AND BACKED-UP AT ALL TIMES!!!

I gotta call Art Bell and tell him about this (before "they" get to me too) ,
    EdK
    Handspring Treo 600 R.I.P. ...
    Insurance replacement Sprint Treo 755P ...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    You guys are all wrong. The reason the TC hard drives crashed is because V-bulletin can't handle so many forums (23 last count).
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redshifted

2. It's the Martians. They're tired of seeing these offensively stereotypical depictions of Marvin the Martian found in some TreoCentral members' avatars. Everyone knows they stopped wearing that stupid helmet years ago! Also, they've had it with those nosy rovers that crash and bounce all over their planet and poke around their secret bases. The government knows all about it. Why do you think the Mt. St. Helens Volcano Web Cam is down RIGHT NOW - maintenence? Yeah, right! See for yourself:

http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/mshnvm/volcanocam/

This is obviously where the invasion force is landing. THE INVASION IS IMMINENT!!! KEEP YOUR TREO FULLY CHARGED AND BACKED-UP AT ALL TIMES!!!
    Aliens?

There is a fine line between paranoid and nuts. We have some creative analysis going on here, not wild speculation. I mean really! Aliens? Lets keep both feet on the ground shall we.
    Its possible for multiple hard drives to crash if the cause is a bad controller card. Ive seen a bad controller kill 2 hard drives and the backup tape when they tried to restore. They were seriously SOL! At least TC had an old backup, as apposed to none.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    Its possible for multiple hard drives to crash if the cause is a bad controller card. Ive seen a bad controller kill 2 hard drives and the backup tape when they tried to restore. They were seriously SOL! At least TC had an old backup, as apposed to none.
    So you actually DO believe it was just an accident - wow! And next you are going to tell us that it is also just coincidence that the web cam on Mount St. Helens is not working right now, too (see post above)???
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    So you actually DO believe it was just an accident - wow! And next you are going to tell us that it is also just coincidence that the web cam on Mount St. Helens is not working right now, too (see post above)???

Careful, He could be one of "Them". See how he is trying to cloud the issue with facts.
  19.    #19  
    Careful, He could be one of "Them". See how he is trying to cloud the issue with facts.
    You are right. However, even from a statistical point of view, we can prove we are right: There are four valid hypotheses for foul play (PalmOne/Carriers, Bush/NSA/CIA, and Martians), but only one (his far-fetched broken controller claim) speaking for the "accident", so there is a 3:1 (=75% for those who are not familiar with calculus of probabilities) chance that we are right! Mind you, we should not call this irrefutable scientific proof for sabotage yet, but we are getting closer.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Agreed. But, one must be weary of debunkers.

As far as the Martian theory goes, well for starters, if there are really aliens out there, do we want to **** off the little gray Roswell guys by calling them Martians. That kind of talk can get you seeing bright lights in wee hours of the morning. You know what I mean?

Secondly,I strongly believe that the nature of the discussion board, would attract more terrestrial interlopers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast