Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Hey Alli, I thought you had joined the TC staff but your profile is saying Member now. I take it that the hires weren't backed up either?
  2.    #62  
    Rats. I missed half a dozen posts here. I *don't* like the way the board updates now. I want it to go back to moving new posts to the top of the list so that you keep coming back to the first page of the new search. <sigh>

And yes, Mole, er Mol (or is it Mole that icky Mexican chocolate stuff?), the new contributing editors were lost with the crash. <sigh>

Mayo on fries is as bad as ketchup. I like my fries plain. However, when I was in college I knew these two Dutch brothers (which is another story for another time) who introduced me to sprinkle sandwiches. I could live with that.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Two dutch brothers? Is this a PG story?

And if you went out with both of them at the same time...who paid????
    Do I have an PG stories?

It does give going Dutch a new meaning.
    I hope Mol is lurking
    Yes, Mol is still lurking in TC and he has posted today also despite his being one of the Admin person at mytreo.net. I think he's too busy now to post on threads like this one.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Yes, Mol is still lurking in TC and he has posted today also despite his being one of the Admin person at mytreo.net. I think he's too busy now to post on threads like this one.
    A busy Mol is a happy Mol.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    Who will get to 1000 posts first, Mol (773) or Alli (771)? Place your bets here......
    I'm guessing it's a moot issue at this point since Mol's spending the majority of his time over on mytreo.net now. Unfortunately, it's a bit too UK for me over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    Who will get to 1000 posts first, Mol (773) or Alli (771)? Place your bets here......
    Just add my 134 posts at mytreo.net and it's clear who's leading this vicious battle.
    I hope Mol is lurking and can perhaps shed the light on what the proper procedure would be if you were a woman and went on a date with two Dutch guys....and they wanted to go Dutch....who would pay?

Where did that expression come from..."Going Dutch"?

Anybody know?
    Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
    Mainly because the Dutch are cheap bastards. You already knew that we invented copperwire, didn't you? Two Dutchies were fighting over a copper coin...

However, I don't know about the woman and two men going Dutch. I know Greek, Roman and French style, but Dutch? Has it something to do with the fact that there are a woman and TWO men instead of a woman and one man? Actually, do I really want to know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    And yes, Mole, er Mol (or is it Mole that icky Mexican chocolate stuff?), the new contributing editors were lost with the crash. <sigh>
    So you (and others?) were made contributing editors, then 04/04 happened, and you were no longer contributing editor? Not sure exactly, but that sounds either Kafka or Orwell!

Or a new variant of "death by photocopier"
    I'm guessing it's a moot issue at this point since Mol's spending the majority of his time over on mytreo.net now. Unfortunately, it's a bit too UK for me over there.
    Where did you get that idea from? If you mean that mytreo.net isn't completely US-focused like this site is, yes, I agree with you.

How about you write an article about "Tea & my Treo 600" on mytreo.net and I'm sure the roastbeefs will love you forever. Hey, maybe if we all like it you could become contributing editor and we would guarantee it's a crash proof assignment!
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I have nothing to say. Just wanted to bump my count.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    Just add my 134 posts at mytreo.net and it's clear who's leading this vicious battle.
    I'm sure that's a flagrant violition of some interforum crossposting somethingortheother law. Give me time to research it.
  13.    #73  
    So you (and others?) were made contributing editors, then 04/04 happened, and you were no longer contributing editor? Not sure exactly, but that sounds either Kafka or Orwell!

Or a new variant of "death by photocopier"
    Ok, so I confess, that whole crash thing was a plot. The contributing editors were unhappy cause tptb kept editing their pieces.

As for "death by photocopier" - I swear I did not take part in that group of people sitting on the Xerox machine. I wasn't anywhere near it!
  14.    #74  
    Where did you get that idea from? If you mean that mytreo.net isn't completely US-focused like this site is, yes, I agree with you.

How about you write an article about "Tea & my Treo 600" on mytreo.net and I'm sure the roastbeefs will love you forever. Hey, maybe if we all like it you could become contributing editor and we would guarantee it's a crash proof assignment!

The only thing better than something that's US-focussed, is something that's Alli-focused. I'm getting there by degrees.

Crash proof. <snortle>
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    I have nothing to say. Just wanted to bump my count.

Hey - you can't do that here. Mol and I were here first.
  16.    #76  
    A bit too Uk for you? What? Did someone say pip pip and cheerio or something? Did someone ask you to get the torch and the spanner from the boot of the lorry? lol Just teasin' Girl.

Actually Chris..the main admin is remarkably quick to respond to suggestions. They got Mol and Nobackup and a bunch of the regular Gods of Treo. It's a very cool site. Very good info. And it's Especially good since they asked me to be the Admin of the forum section on Bangers and how to cook them. I prefer mine grilled.
    Lorries don't have boots, you silly dragon.

I don't like bangers. I prefer more traditional British food. Like Vindaloo.
    Sounds more like Kaka then Kafka.
    Hey - you can't do that here. Mol and I were here first.
    Agreed. If you want to get to 1000 messages please do it somewhere else.

Santa is a cheap imitation of Sinterklaas anyway.
    I am not Mol but I think I can put words into his mouth on these issues.
    Thanks AC. I feel much better now that I know I have a spokesperson here for when I'm not around.

I'm not going to answer number 2. Way too On Topic for this thread & forum.

Chris is a Brit. I'm a Dutchman. I.e. we're ROW.

I no longer have a moustache and I'm 5 years older than on that picture, but it is still me, yes.
    I'm sure that's a flagrant violition of some interforum crossposting somethingortheother law. Give me time to research it.
    Well possible. I'm tempted to continue this thread on mytreo.net. Need to talk to Chris how we can set that up.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast