Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Why even try to get them back, get back to posting. Then if they do get any back, you're even farther ahead. You hear that? Get cracking! POST MORE!
    Just had to see how many I lost. I had hit that vaunted 100 number, and was closing in on 200. Yeah, not as much as you guys, but I am still just a novice at all this.
    Ouch. I was in the 190's. Now at 22. Ugly, indeed. Worst part of all, I was trying to figure somethings out, but can't remember what any of that stuff was......
    Here's my "Installed the 3.04" thread!

Google cache
    Speaking of the Google cash, couldn't we use that to recreate some of what was lost? I never check mine, but since I am running the google toolbar I assume it has to be there. Maybe its the same for others....?
    I wonder what will happen to people like me (had to sign up again) when/if they recover any lost posts. Will the accounts and post counts merge or will there be a ghost ThirdType stuck at 80 posts?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    I liked the days when my old VisorCentral posts counted. I was 200+ back then.
    -- Go Illini!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Great idea How did you do that? I am looking for the long-thread on video w/T600...
    Go to google.com, click Advanced Search, enter treocentral.com in the Domain field, then enter your search words.

On the results page, click the "Cached" link that appears at the bottom of each results.

I've tried changing the "page" value in the Cached link to navigate between pages of a thread but that doesn't seem to work. If somebody finds a good workaround for this please post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    Go to google.com, click Advanced Search, enter treocentral.com in the Domain field, then enter your search words.

On the results page, click the "Cached" link that appears at the bottom of each results.

I've tried changing the "page" value in the Cached link to navigate between pages of a thread but that doesn't seem to work. If somebody finds a good workaround for this please post.
    Just found the way to find an exact page within a thread. In the "with the exact phrase" field, enter "page=x" where you replace x by the page number. For example, if you enter "page=1", the search is now limited to only the first pages of all cached TreoCentral threads.
    i feel inadequate! I've been on visor/treo central since 1999, and still have a way to go to get to the 1k mark.... but my cool avatar survived at least
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    I lost a bunch of posts....but unlike the rest of you whiners, mine were masterpieces of the english language containing wit, sage advice, tips on personal hygine and political commentary. Most importantly they were overflowing with the modesty that only a superhuman such as myself is capable of.

I also take great umbridge to Mol's little smileys copulating all over my screen.

Here please give the man smiley this. > It's a Smiley contraceptive device.

Let's practice Safe Board out here People!!!!
    Because you amuse me, and only because you amuse me, I will not point out all the errors in this post alone. However...as soon as you stop causing me to snortle myself silly with every post, I will begin picking on your spelling. Put that in your smiley and smoke it!
  12.    #32  
    Alli, I not only let him pass the grade, I'd give him a letter of recommendation directly to Harvard! Blaming the victims in our society must end!
    Can I make him clean my erasers for a week instead?
  13.    #33  
    One word: Pfffffffffffffffffffffffft!!

Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Deer Mis Alley B,

Pehaps you don't realise that I am, like everyone else in Amirica, a victum. I have dyslexia or aixelsyd which ever is correkt. This makes me a victurm what you can't pick on and what now I am a gonna su you for being mean in you hart! DIdn't you nowe that five out of fore of peoples have dyslevia? It's almost as common as the number of marriages in Alabama...common law that is.

Ar Ya suggesting that the edukation I receved as a yout in Alambama dose not now serve me whell?

I have an exscellent vokabulary! My use of puctuatuion is a modle to all in its grammitical correctnoss. It's just that my dyslevixia cause me to miss spell and to steal things and chase womeans. So I am a victum! So you can't keep me back a grade you hav to pass me and make me the valadictuorum guy.
    I think Travisjohn has that sound on his website ?
  15.    #35  
    I suppose; until this issue reaches the Supreme Court!
    See, and that's what's wrong with the American education system now. No matter what you want them to do, they want to take you to court. Conjugate a verb? Go to court! Write a term paper? Go to court! Clean erasers? Go to court! Run errands for teacher after class? Go to court! Do teacher's laundry on Saturday? Go to court!

I just don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    Life is on hold once again. Gotta get back to 2000.

Ble...I was actually on the cusp of 3000!!

Personally the forum crash has really taken the sail out of me... soo many lost valuable and informative posts. I really don't feel like putting the same effort until (and perhaps if ever) the forums are restored again...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    getting
    more
    is
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast