Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

(Oh gosh...I nearly fell of the chair laughing...Hahahahahaha)
    JoJo, not only are you pretty but your smart too because you recoginise talent when you read it.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  3.    #263  
    jpahl - did you get photos? I'd love to see them! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip despite the little "glitches." Sometimes those things can make a trip like that more exciting and more memorable.
  4.    #264  
    Breathtaking, JPahl! Thank you so much for sharing.
    The "another boat" picture is me in my dreams...that looks so relaxing.
  6.    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    The "another boat" picture is me in my dreams...that looks so relaxing.
    Funny, that picture isn't you in my dreams at all.
    Just to show how mature I've grown please note that I haven't resorted to any sailboat jokes, although Allie knows I have a one or two I would like to use.
    Just to show how mature I've grown please note that I haven't resorted to any sailboat jokes, although Allie knows I have a one or two I would like to use.
    No, you did not, you just posted your jokes but you've just deleted it.

Welcome back, Alli!
  9.    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    No, you did not, you just posted your jokes but you've just deleted it.

Welcome back, Alli!

Thanks ronbo!! I'd say it was good to be back, but being back means back to school. <sigh>
    I envy you your job Alli. Do you remember why?

It must be exciting to see the kids young cherubic faces with studs and posts and eyebrow rings.

With muscular arms tanned from a summer of honest work stained with an Incubus tattoo

Wearing the new clothes they purchased with the sweat of their brows the young men's pants suspended below their **** crack by some as-of yet undiscovered force of nature, the women wearing less then you and I would wear to the beach

And two weeks into the new school year, as you stand in the hallway wondering why you bother, one of the students breaks ranks and walks, shoulders slumped, pants dragging on the ground, up to you in the hall. And, breaking a major peer-induced rule, looks you in the eyes and speaking with a lisp due to the post in his tongue says, "That was cool what you said about French being, like, really, really old and stuff, and that sentences have like, structures and stuff. Are you gonna tell us more about that stuff Ms. Alli?"

And then you remember.
    Last edited by ACDriver; 08/15/2004 at 09:09 AM.
  11.    #271  
    My morning snortle. Pity I was daintily sipping coffee as I was reading, because said coffee is now dripping down my monitor, and pooling on my desktop.

I envy you your job Alli. Do you remember why?

It must be exciting to see the kids young cherubic faces with studs and posts and eyebrow rings.

With muscular arms tanned from a summer of honest work stained with an Incubus tattoo

Wearing the new clothes they purchased with the sweat of their brows the young men's pants suspended below their **** crack by some as-of yet undiscovered force of nature, the women wearing less then you and I would wear to the beach

And two weeks into the new school year, as you stand in the hallway wondering why you bother, one of the students breaks ranks and walks, shoulders slumped, pants dragging on the ground, up to you in the hall. And, breaking a major peer-induced rule, looks you in the eyes and speaking with a lisp due to the post in his tongue says, "That was cool what you said about French being, like, really, really old and stuff, and that sentences have like, structures and stuff. Are you gonna tell us more about that stuff Ms. Alli?"

And then you remember.
    Hahahahaha...you guys crack me up!
    Back to school already? School here starts in september.
    My dad is just about to retire from being a teacher at the end of this month.
    Animo et Fide
  15.    #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Back to school already? School here starts in september.
    My dad is just about to retire from being a teacher at the end of this month.

Oh yea? <fists up in fighting stance> Well I'll bet you're STILL in school in June when we're off to the beach. (Or shooting M-16s at camp!)

Lucky dad! I only have another 15 years to go.
    Yeah, June is exam month.
    The length of summer holiday varies depending on which school you go to though. At my school (a public school) we got eight weeks. At state schools it's only six weeks.
    Animo et Fide
  17.    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Yeah, June is exam month.
    The length of summer holiday varies depending on which school you go to though. At my school (a public school) we got eight weeks. At state schools it's only six weeks.
    I would love to teach in a system that has "year round" school. Nine weeks on, 3 weeks off sounds awfully appealing to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    I would love to teach in a system that has "year round" school. Nine weeks on, 3 weeks off sounds awfully appealing to me!
    We're meant to be getting a year-round system sometime. Six terms of equal length, instead of a long autumn term and short winter and spring terms. Do you have two long terms in the US? Semesters?
    It's funny, holidays aren't standardized across England, (Wales and Scotland have different systems anyway) it's down to the local education authority in each area, so really we could have any term structure we want.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    In Swiss schools there are two weeks of vacation over Christmas/New Year, two weeks in February (Skiing), two weeks in spring, five weeks in summer (just over now), two weeks in October, and then again Christmas/New Year (though slightly different everywhere). So my wife has got 13 weeks of vacation. "Normal" people like me only have five weeks.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    I haven't had two weeks in a row of vacation in three years.

I think I would make a very good teacher in Switzerland. I culd teach inglish?