Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
  1.    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Alli and mol: Gimme time and I shell surpass you both

Yea right, Chick!
  2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    last year got my day skipper's certificate - all I need now is a boat and crew and time (and of course money). Till then all I've got is a toy for the bath

Where have you been sailing?

I haven't done any real sailing in years. Used to sail on Lake Champlain in NY, and somewhere in OH...been so long I've forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    I haven't done any real sailing in years. Used to sail on Lake Champlain in NY, and somewhere in OH...been so long I've forgotten.

My wife and I spent our Honeymoon sailing on Lake George in Upstate NY.

<<<<<<<Singing, "It's a small world after all, it's a small world.......
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  4.    #204  
    (quick google search)

Looks lovely - found a site for trips out on lake in an old gaff rig boat. Like the sound of single rock head or whatever. Never been up that way - been in the same state but NY, NY is NOT near - nearest I've been is Montreal.

I've sailed 30 - 40 foot yachts south coast england (eg cowes), med, canary islands + dingies.

What were you sailing?

A 30' Grampian sloop. Don't know anything more about it (other than the brand new head) cause I haven't seen it yet. I will make sure I get pictures.

Actually, Montréal is very close to Lake Champlain. Depending on how fast customs is moving, only about an hour.
  5.    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    My wife and I spent our Honeymoon sailing on Lake George in Upstate NY.

<<<<<<<Singing, "It's a small world after all, it's a small world.......

My father still sails on Lake George when he can. And visits there regularly because they evidently have a place that sells the worlds biggest bowl of ice cream. lol
    My father still sails on Lake George when he can. And visits there regularly because they evidently have a place that sells the worlds biggest bowl of ice cream. lol
    I love the fact that many (most?) of the small islands are owned by the State of NY and you can camp on them, or at least dock at them and live out of your boat.....wonderful way to get away.

I think I need to take My Current Wife up there again. She's been my current wife for 20 years but I call her that to keep her on her toes. LOL
  7.    #207  

I think I need to take My Current Wife up there again. She's been my current wife for 20 years but I call her that to keep her on her toes. LOL

Heh - I like that. And it's a whole lot more polite than referring to her as the future ex.
    Heh - I like that. And it's a whole lot more polite than referring to her as the future ex.
    LOL Future Ex. I like that one! LOL
    Alli, glad to see that you are back. You have a lot of catching up to do. No, Mol has not caught up with your post count yet but Toby is or left TC.

Anyway, welcome back!
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 07/10/2004 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Treo ate posting
  10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Alli, glad to see that you are back. You have a lot of catching up to do. No, Mol has not caught up with your post count yet but Toby is or left TC.

Anyway, welcome back!

Well, I'm back for two days. I probably can't do much damage in that time, right? Here's a picture of my host from trip number one for all you nosey people. And I guarantee next week all you'll get are pics of the boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11.    #211  
    Welcome back Alli!

Looking forward to seeing your boat pics. Like the parrot pic - very treasure island. I'll imagine it saying "pieces of eight" on some deserted island.

Actually, this guy's vocabulary was limited to "Hi George," "hello," and "what." Although, after listening to him yell what so many times, I did teach him to reply "chicken ****!" (Immature, but fair.)
    off topic, chick, but are you a model?
    No, but the little plastic plane on her desk is.
    No, but the little plastic plane on her desk is.

lol.. fair enough. anyway, on with the main topic
  15.    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    lol.. fair enough. anyway, on with the main topic

We have a main topic?
    We have a main topic?
    Spelling reform.
    Animo et Fide
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Spelling reform.

Ah yes - brilliant that! We must reform spellers. We'll divide up the continents. Or should we work together?
    I'm not sure we can work together, after all you'll use words like 'color' and wind me up! Have you read Bill Bryson's 'Mother Tongue'? It's got a good chapter on spelling reform and the differences between American and British English. Very entertaining
    I remember watching some American 1950's 'Family Values' movie once when I was a student (yes, I was dossing) which was all goodness and light. I was knocked sideways when the lead female character criticised another female char. for doing nothing but 'wiggling her fanny'. In British English that has an entirely different meaning!
    Animo et Fide
    You obviously weren't disciplined enough as a child. I think you need a spanking on the fanny and I'm the man to do it!
    Last edited by PeterBrown; 07/14/2004 at 03:18 AM.
    Animo et Fide
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    I'm not sure we can work together, after all you'll use words like 'color' and wind me up! Have you read Bill Bryson's 'Mother Tongue'? It's got a good chapter on spelling reform and the differences between American and British English. Very entertaining
    I remember watching some American 1950's 'Family Values' movie once when I was a student (yes, I was dossing) which was all goodness and light. I was knocked sideways when the lead female character criticised another female char. for doing nothing but 'wiggling her fanny'. In British English that has an entirely different meaning!

Nahhhhhhhhhh. Between the time I've spent in the UK and Canada, I'm forever getting red underlines from my MSWord for adding in extraneous u's to words like "colour." It's the Australians I don't get (speaking of words like fanny)!