Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    Uh, What exactly is happening in your avatar? I have several theories....none of which are suitable for a G rated forum.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Quote, quote, misquote....

I've also heard that story of Mme De Gaulle. I laugh every time.

And it's not that French letters are uniquely English, but outdated in the US. It's a term that was used back during WWI, I believe. But don't let a Brit put on his rain boots with an American date, cause your rubbers are our French letters.
    It's an outdated term here too, but I don't think there are many recent jokes about de Gaulle It's probably a term that the GIs introduced to Britain when they came over.
    Animo et Fide
    I go through that with my students when we start studying adjectives of nationalities. They are under the impression that England is in France, (?!) and that in Mexico, the people speak Mexican. Somewhere they are not being taught basic geography. Very sad.
    Are there any estimates on how many Americans know that the Swiss don't come from Sweden, and that Switzerland and Sweden are actually two different countries?

On the other hand, I have to admit that probably most Swiss would say that the State of Washington is situated at the East Coast.
    There was a girl on our Big Brother TV show (I'm assuming you're familiar with the format), a series or two ago, who was so thick it was funny. She was English btw so I'm not having a go at anyone but us here. She wasn't really aware of the existence of any of the UK outside of London, except Scotland. She thought the only river in England was the Thames (it's not even the only river in London) and she thought East Anglia (where Cambridge is) was somewhere near Turkey!
    She also didn't know the difference between horizontal and hexagonal. And now she's a star because she's been on tv, who said society was dumbing down?
    Animo et Fide
    I was lying by a pool in Florida one time chatting up a girl (as the brits say I think) and she asked where I was from...actually she said, "Where ya'all from?" I said, "New Hampshire". She said, "Oh,....Neat....., what state is that in?"

6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    Why no Treo when off sailing? Mine joined me sailing the atlantic! (dangerously close to being on topic)

(and I don't check the site for a few weeks and everyone looks different .... almost as bad as deleting posts!)

Captain told me no cells on his boat. Who am I to argue? If I disobey, he might not tie me to the yardarm.
    Captain told me no cells on his boat. Who am I to argue? If I disobey, he might not tie me to the yardarm.
    How long are you going to be gone?
  8.    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    How long are you going to be gone?
    On the sailing trip? Only a few days.
  9.    #189  
    Sounds like grounds for mutiny - tie him to the yardarm & head for the caribbean.

Decent sized boat?

Why would *I* tie someone else to anything? You missed the point entirely, dear one. :eyeroll:

30 feet (with a brand new head).
  10.    #190  
    Jealous - of the boat that is. I'm working this w/e and want to go sailing.

I'll think of you in two weeks when I'm out in the Gulf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Will you think of me too Alli?
    Yes, as she poses next to the fish she caught. And the fish is naked wearing a hood and handcuffs and Alli is giving the thumbs up.

OKAY OKAY, Too harsh, Sorry. But it's such a funny mental picture for me of the fish and the hood...and where do you put the cuffs?

Sorry, Alli you know i love ya Girl!
    We all love you Alli!!
    I guess it's my turn to be jealous...
    Don't be jealous Chicken. I love all peoples here. Even if you turn out to be a 50 year old guy in Philly, you have still made me feel good when I was down, and ain't that what love is really all about?

That and handcuffs...lol
  14.    #194  
    Will you think of me too Alli?

Will it make you feel better? Ok, I'll think of you.
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Yes, as she poses next to the fish she caught. And the fish is naked wearing a hood and handcuffs and Alli is giving the thumbs up.

OKAY OKAY, Too harsh, Sorry. But it's such a funny mental picture for me of the fish and the hood...and where do you put the cuffs?

Sorry, Alli you know i love ya Girl!

You have a very sick mind, ACD. And no concept of who wears the cuffs. Sheeeeeesh!
  16.    #196  
    Thanks Alli! Hope the sailing is good.

I was meant to be doing a delivery trip in a few weeks helping take a boat back from spain to UK (or at least france) but it looks like its falling through. I miss the sound of waves, stars at night, dolphins etc.

Hope your next avatar shows you on the boat!

Bad luck, that! I know how you feel missing the water though. I don't think I could ever live anywhere that's landlocked again.

I'll try to get some photos when we're out!
  17.    #197  
    Alli - 3 to go before you hit 1000 posts, leaving Mol in the dust!

(and he's having already having a bad day because of the football results last night)

And here's 1,001. <takes a bow> I can't believe it. But I think Mol has forsaken us for mytreo.net. I hope he's happy over there.
    Indeed I am happy over there Though I think it would be only fair to add my mtdn post count to my TC post count, which means I'm beating the sh*t out of Alli's post count.
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    Indeed I am happy over there Though I think it would be only fair to add my mtdn post count to my TC post count, which means I'm beating the sh*t out of Alli's post count.

Pffffffft. You probably copy/pasted all your old TC posts from here to there just to make it look like you were posting a lot over there. I'll bet you even found all the missing posts from when TC went down and used those. Harumph!

But it's nice to see you haven't totally forsaken us.
    Alli and mol: Gimme time and I shell surpass you both
    Be careful, you are tempting Ms. Alli to impose spelling penalties on you. Remember she has not left yet.