1.    #1  
    "Friday, 12.06 AM

The damaged hard drives will arrive on Friday, so we are going to take a look at them before we open the boards again. So far, we have it up and running internally with the March backup"

Where did the drives come from? India?

Take a look at them? How about sending them to the best data retreival service money can buy?

Glad TC is sort of running again.
    I used to work for a computer shop that delt with buisness computers. And we sent dozens of hard drives to have data recovered, and about 50% of them came back with all their data recovered. About 35% of them came back with some data recovered, but not all. And %15 either had no data recovered
    IT is really expensive to recover data, and it does not always work. They need to determine if the data is worth the price of recovery. And it can take time.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Drive Savers is supposed to be a very good data recovery company : http://www.drivesavers.com
    It is not a matter of who does the work, it is a matter as to is the data worth the $$ to have it recovered. I have lost some valuable personal data due to a hard drive failure, and when I contacted a data recovery company and found out the cost of recovering the lost data was more than the data was worth.
    Ever sense then I have opted the Backup Backup Backup mindset. My website is backed up every week. I have a computer on my network that is basically a bank of hard drives. I have all my other computers configured to do incremental back ups to my "Backup Server" about once a week, and once a month I do a major backup.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Backup Backup Backup!

My first, and only hard drive crash was a brand new Apple drive in my G5. Lost years upon years of..well...life. Pictures, movies. Sad really.

But now, Its all replaced with a strict daily backup to .Mac, and a weekly backup to a firewire external HD.
    -- Go Illini!