1.    #1  
    Any able to provide some step by step instr for setting up an ftp server behind a router?

I have cable and my Dlink 604 router is plugged into the cable modem and then of course the three pcs I have are connected to the router. I'd like to run my own FTP server but I cant seem to get it fogured out. I am not really keen on the whole router thing and how it works for that specific stuff.

If anyone has any basic steps for getting this to work I'd sure appreciate it.

TIA

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    what ftp server program are you using?

i have used, in the past argosoft, ftp server.

you have to set up the main port. this is usually port 21.

i had to set up a port range for the actual transfers. I used 9089 - 9099.

i set it up to only accept passive transfers. If I didn't i couldnt connect from work.

once you have the ports, you need to forward those ports to your pc (static ips are best for these).

use a strong password for the accounts you create.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the advice Felipe, I managed to figure it out.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson