Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Test

[This message has been edited by Bret Snyder (edited 07-12-2000).]
    Originally posted by Petro:
    Oh! I have the killer! Have to mention it...

HANDSPRING!!!

nuff said

you know, being in Northern Virginia means two things...you're not too far away from where i live so i'd be careful what you say and nothing you say can be taken seriously anyways!

USeh?

But I would like to thank your country for paying me handsomly for what i do.

I saw a sign at a hockey game up in Canada that read: "We breed 'em, you feed 'em"...

Just testing my new cartoon face!

Cool, it works !

[This message has been edited by kamizuno (edited 07-12-2000).]
    ok, did I figure out the secret????
    Originally posted by nikNga:
    ok, did I figure out the secret????
    Ok, so I'm a total dork. Can someone please help me figure out how to get the image beneath my name on the left? I'm not a web designer and can't figure it out....PLEASE??????????? Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
    In case anybody still needs to know, the thread below can help get you a picture in your profile box.

http://discussion.visorcentral.com/F...ML/000177.html

Originally posted by Hoser_in_USA:
    you know, being in Northern Virginia means two things...you're not too far away from where i live so i'd be careful what you say and nothing you say can be taken seriously anyways!

USeh?

But I would like to thank your country for paying me handsomly for what i do.

I saw a sign at a hockey game up in Canada that read: "We breed 'em, you feed 'em"...

Oh ho ho! Is that a threat?
    I think being in NOVA means the opposite: I very much can be taken seriously Especially since NOVA is known to some as Silicon Valley East, and New Sillicon Valley to others. But I guess you know that since you're an Engineer

But seriously, we really can't be on opposite sides in this arguement, since everyone knows that Dogbert, the leader of the DNRC (which I and I assume an intelligent person like you are members of) will take over the world much earlier than Canada will!

Also, being a fellow engineer (though in a different field... nuff said

Here's another look at the Hockey point you might like: We feed 'em... to watch them get into fights and bash eachother into the wall!

I'm done now. [steps down from soap box]

------------------
    -Petro
    Go to The Hunger Site and help eliminate hunger!
    All you have to do is click one button! No catch, no personal information requested!!
    Please go once a day! Every day!
    Let's see...
    Hi Tom,

I may be wrong but I think you need to pull the [] characters out of your code, that should fix it . If I'm wrong, forgive me, I'm still fairly new at this.

Addition-If you're trying to use the Valkyrie picture, the extra "http://discussion.visorcentral.com/Forum6/HTML/" code that is in front of the image URL is not needed, try taking that out.

I didn't have the VisorCentral part in the string. (It shows up when I put my cursor over your picture, too...)

I took the brackets out. Let's see if it works.

Cool...it did! I might find a better picture sometime, but this shows me how the process works, and I always did like North American Aviation's wildest creation. 35 years later, it still looks futuristic.

[This message has been edited by Tom LaPrise (edited 07-12-2000).]
    Congrats, you've got a supersonic plane in your profile! Looking good !
    Originally posted by Tom LaPrise:
    and I always did like North American Aviation's wildest creation. 35 years later, it still looks futuristic.
    it's hard to tell from the picture, but is that the Avro Arrow?
    test
    test2
    test3

[This message has been edited by PDAENVY (edited 07-12-2000).]
    i dont think i get it yet

------------------
    I've become a visor junkie!!
    Originally posted by Tom LaPrise:
    I didn't have the VisorCentral part in the string. (It shows up when I put my cursor over your picture, too...)

I took the brackets out. Let's see if it works.

Cool...it did! I might find a better picture sometime, but this shows me how the process works, and I always did like North American Aviation's wildest creation. 35 years later, it still looks futuristic.

[This message has been edited by Tom LaPrise (edited 07-12-2000).]
    Sorry about that. I thought I had made it clear that I put the [] in the code so you could see it in the post (otherwise the code would activate and you'd only see a broken picture) Glad you figured it out!

------------------
    -Petro
    Go to The Hunger Site and help eliminate hunger!
    All you have to do is click one button! No catch, no personal information requested!!
    Please go once a day! Every day!
    Unfortunately with all these graphics, it's slowing the loading of the discussion pages down to buggrit.
    I would just have to throw in my 2 cents and say - Please be considerate.

Moving graphics look really cool, but some of them are like 18kb!

I think we should all try to keep it fairly simple and small (byte-wise) to not slow everything down so that James doesn't get too many complaints and they don't let anybody have anything.
    Hoser_in_USA--

Not the Avro Arrow (quite a plane in its own regard, as was the -I believe- English Electric TSR2), but the North American XB-70 Valkyrie, which was to replace the Boeing B-52 as our "big stick." Before the first Valkyrie was even half-built, the military powers-that-be realized that a Mach 3 high-altitude bomber could be shot down by the new Soviet missiles, so the plane and a slightly modified "sister ship" (later destroyed during a photo shoot, of all things) was completed as a research aircraft. Mach 3.08 at around 75,000 feet...imagine a bunch of these things roaring overhead, preceded by a SR-71 Blackbird doing recon work...in the mid-1960's! Sure seemed like we were on our way to a Star Trek/Jetson's future.
    test... better late than never...III

[This message has been edited by perze_a (edited 07-13-2000).]

[This message has been edited by perze_a (edited 07-13-2000).]
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast