Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    FYI-

I was selling my left over WriteRights on eBay, and Mr. Warman contacted them claiming I am infringing on his copyright, trademark or other rights.

So, to Mr. Warman......this items will be continued to be listed by me on ebay for sale. I am asking you to please bring it on....I have the time and the money to make sure you never bother another person again with your BS and paranoid attitude.

Until then,
    Ryan Clayton
    ryan@girlandgeek.com

[This message has been edited by rclayton (edited 05-28-2000).]

[This message has been edited by JHromadka (edited 05-29-2000).]
    I love this! Good job challenging this megalomanic. For the rest of us, please continue to debunk this person and his beloved VSPS products by leaving negative feedback everytime you see him 'spam' a NG with anything remotely involving a screen protector post. This class A jerk will not even respond properly to questions about his own product. Just read backwards here in this thread.

Mike
    Originally posted by rclayton:
    FYI-

I was selling my left over WriteRights on eBay, and Mr. Warman contacted them claiming I am infringing on his copyright, trademark or other rights.

So, to Mr. Warman......this items will be continued to be listed by me on ebay for sale. I am asking you to please bring it on....I have the time and the money to make sure you never bother another person again with your BS and paranoid attitude.

Until then,
    Ryan Clayton
    ryan@girlandgeek.com

Whoa, he got on your back just for selling the damn things on ebay? What an *******...

(also makes you wonder if this guy has any life whatsoever other than defending his product)

Wow, I didn't even know about this thread and where it was going. Keep the personal attacks out of it and you can continue, otherwise I'll close this topic.

Mr. Warman, as several posters would like more information about the product itself, I would be happy to do a review of the VSPS™ screen protector for this website. Please email me at james@visorcentral.com if this is something that you would like to pursue.

------------------
    James Hromadka
    VisorCentral.com
    Personal Website: http://www.Hromadka.com

Originally posted by JHromadka:
    Wow, I didn't even know about this thread and where it was going. Keep the personal attacks out of it and you can continue, otherwise I'll close this topic.

Mr. Warman, as several posters would like more information about the product itself, I would be happy to do a review of the VSPS™ screen protector for this website. Please email me at james@visorcentral.com if this is something that you would like to pursue.

This seems like a good idea. But I also think that you should make a comparison to homemade screen protectors while youre at it. To tell us all which is really the better value.
    Originally posted by homer:
    Bill:

What do you do for a living? Do you actually manufacture these screen protectors, or do you just license the patent? What is your reply to Concept Kitchens' lawyers statement that your Patent is invalid?

Again, nothing wrong with protecting a legitimate invention that you have created, but it appears (and do correct me if I am wrong) that you filed a patent on a common-sense item that had arguably already been invented in different incarnations just to collect outrageous licensing fees.

Clearly, there is a flaw in the patent law system some where. I put this up there with Microsoft's patent on Style Sheets and Amazon's patent on one-click ordering.
    I manufacture some screen protectors. I also have OEMs manufacturing other types of
    screen protectors.
    What might be considered common knowledge today. Was not common knowledge
    back when the Lap Top Computer was only on the scientist experimental desks.
    Thank You
    Bill
    Originally posted by rclayton:
    FYI-

Until then,
    Ryan Clayton
    ryan@girlandgeek.com

Ok
    Lets do this thing. We can publicize the court trial on the net. I will show my hand at
    that time. You have the money and the time. Lets get it on. Till then talk is cheap.
    Bill

P.S. You have been warned
    James,

I think the offer to Mr. Warman is commendable, but I would have to cast my vote against a VisorCentral review of his product.

There is a precedent for "boycotting" or "embargoing" products made by people who are just rotten (Cuban Cigars, various "asian child-labor-sweat-shop" products, etc.). This thread (including the posted links) has shown what kind of guy Mr. Warman is.

Rclayton is now apparently being sued by him for selling on eBay, and Mr. Warman, after numerous opportunities, requests, even BEGGING for information, choses only to respond by HIS personal attacks, inappropriate language (before you rightly deleted it) and provocations. He has had ample opportunity to defend and promote his product on VisorCentral.

If you do decide to do a review anyway (if he ever contacts you, which I seriously doubt) PLEASE make mention of this "controversy" so people can at least make an informed decision after knowing how and who he is.

------------------
    Hmmmmmmmm......
    Thars some fightin' words goin' round in here!
    Originally posted by Stephen Mtichell:

I just received the VSPS clear protectors, and only three days after ordering...
    I wonder whether Mr Mitchell submitted this "comment" to the aptly named Mr. "War-man" for use. I notice that it's posted on his website as an endorsement. Is anything posted here in the public arena to be used in this way? If he did not offer his wordsd to Mr War-man for use, I would hope that Mr. Mitchell was notified and compensated for his endorsement.

Where's a lawyer when you need one!

Virtually every piece of electronic equipment I've ever bought ( going back MORE than twelve years ) has had a protective vinyl strip across any area that might be scratched. How in the world can the idea of putting a protective strip across a screen be considered the intellectual property of ANYONE?! Perhaps Mr. War-man came up with those little strips they've been applying for years, eh?

Just wondering. : :

[This message has been edited by VoxDei (edited 05-30-2000).]
    I tried asking him this very question before, and this was his answer:

What might be considered common knowledge today. Was not common knowledge
    back when the Lap Top Computer was only on the scientist experimental desks.
    Which doesn't really answer anything. (and why were the first LAP tops sittng on desks?) And I'm still waiting for a response to the email from Concept Kitchen where they claim that his patent is unprotectable.

He DOES have a patent, which gives him the right to protect it. Whether it is legally protectable or not is only up to the lawyers, so it's hard for us to judge the leagalities of the situation.

Regardless, he doesn't seem to be too nice (come on...sueing someone on ebay for selling writeRights?!?!)...which would lead me to not choose to use these products just based on that.

Actually, I'm pretty much sold on the idea that there are several, viable, home-made solutions ala static-stickers, vinyl, and clear adhesive sheets available at photo stores.

[This message has been edited by homer (edited 05-30-2000).]
    A question to Mr. Warman
    Why do you go after someone who is selling a screen protector second hand? isnt that what people do with computers, and cars, and lots of other stuff every day and not get sued for it? how does the sell of writerights on ebay threaten you?

[This message has been edited by JHromadka (edited 05-31-2000).]
    James,

I have to weigh in with mchlwise against reviewing, and thereby promoting, Mr. Warman's product. This isn't personal, it's ethical. First, you would be doing his job -- providing basic information about his product -- for him, which he has refused to do for would-be customers on several occasions. More importantly, VC would be endorsing his patent extortion by raising his profile against other vendors of screen protectors, many of whom have been, are, or will be his victims. However expedient it may be to separate the product from his predatory litigation, it's still unethical to lend Visor Central's reputation to Warman's business practices. I hope you'll reconsider.

[This message has been edited by Gameboy70 (edited 05-30-2000).]
    James,
    I would consider your 'offer' to Mr. Warman extremely ill-advised. Perhaps you are trying to smoke him out. Regardless, if you've read this entire thread I think you know what a reasonable person would conclude. Please do not review this alleged product. I personally think he has 'personal flaws' (I'm being extremely deferential here) but Mr. Warman has succeeded in something he never had planned. He's gotten a groundswell of support in opposition (vocal at that) to his offerings as evidenced both here and on the NG's.
    James,

Concur with the previous two posts.
  17. SCM
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Originally posted by VoxDei:
    I wonder whether Mr Mitchell submitted this "comment" to the aptly named Mr. "War-man" for use. I notice that it's posted on his website as an endorsement. Is anything posted here in the public arena to be used in this way? If he did not offer his wordsd to Mr War-man for use, I would hope that Mr. Mitchell was notified and compensated for his endorsement.

Where's a lawyer when you need one!

James, I need your help. Are our words public domain when posted to this sight? Please respond.

VoxDei, thanks for the heads up. I WAS NOT NOTIFIED THAT MY WORDS WERE BEING USED TO OFFICIALLY ENDORSE THIS PRODUCT!! I posted those comments to this group and this group only. I never intended them to be used in this way. Even if the words can be considered public domain, I would have appreciated Mr. Warman at least notifing me that they were being used. If posts to this sight cannot be used in this manner, I expect compensation. In any case, let me make this perfectly clear: ANY PERCEIVED ENDORSEMENT BY ME OF MR. WARMAN'S PRODUCT IS HEREBY RETRACTED, NULLIFIED AND VOIDED! I now fully support the boycott of this product.

Finally, Mr. Warman, I am appalled that you could treat a somewhat pleased customer with such disreguard. Please remove my name and my words from your web sight immediately. If you will not remove my words, at least have the courage to post my complete first post and this post. I will be watching.

Stephen Mitchell
    (orginally posted under user name Stephen Mtichell, but I felt kind of dumb having misspelled my own last name!! )

[This message has been edited by SCM (edited 05-30-2000).]

[This message has been edited by SCM (edited 05-30-2000).]
    I just have to say that I love my WriteRights. Haven't had a single scratch on my screen yet!!

I suggest you all buy some.
    Originally posted by b1lanceman:
    A question to Mr. Warman
    Why do you go after someone who is selling a screen protector second hand? isnt that what people do with computers, and cars, and lots of other stuff every day and not get sued for it? how does the sell of writerights on ebay threaten you?

You seem like one helluva dumbass...

See
    http://www.vsps.com/claims.htm Claims
    http://www.vsps.com/RE_35,318.htm Patent

[This message has been edited by Inventorb (edited 06-20-2000).]
    Originally posted by dequardo:
    excuse me: I'M GOING TO SHOUT!

AGAIN A NON-ANSWER FROM THE POTENTATE OF PATENTS!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE EXPLAIN THE DIFF. BETWEEN CLEAR AND GLOSS. IF CONFUSED PLEASE RE-READ MY POST ABOVE.

PLEASE.

Mike
    The difference is the type of material I am using.

CLEAR is a Category.

The GLOSS is a type of material.
    The Anti - Glare is a type of material.
    The Impact is a type of material.
    The Polarized is a type of material.
    ETC.

Thank You
    Bill

[This message has been edited by Inventorb (edited 05-30-2000).]
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast