Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233 LastLast
  1. jb2
    There is a little known law regarding patents and copyrighted material. Now I'm not lawyer and don't know if this is valid, but anyone owning a copyright, if uses that copyright in an anti-competitive behaviour, loses said right to that copyright!
    Originally posted by b1lanceman:
    Im sick of having to look at this thread
    With all due respect, nobody is making you look at this thread. Some of us find this to be a really interesting dynamic, and when the thread is ready to die, it will do so on it's own. You don't have to keep trying to kill it.

------------------
    I doubt, therefore I might be
    Anyone know where I can find a copy of the "STOP WARMAN" logo? (the stop sign with his head in the middle...)

Thanks!
    Re: IQ

I, for one, have never had my IQ measured - mainly because I really don't know what it would prove (or to whom it would prove it.)
    Personally I find that a compassionate person with an engaging personality and a quick wit ranks highest in my book, regardless of their "intelligence" rating on some relatively arbitrary scale.
    I would not deign to judge War-man's level of intelligence (his own admissions notwithstanding) based solely on his posts here, but he clearly behaves stupidly. His poor ethics and hypocrisy are self-evident, and his bullying and rudeness are character flaws that he chooses to perpetuate. It is these things that cause people to recoil, and that open him up to the backlash we have seen (and participated in) on this board.

(FWIW)

Is there an off-off-topic area on the board?

------------------
    I doubt, therefore I might be
    As many of you already know, Smaller.com is owned by Concept Kitchen.

Check out: http://talk.smaller.com/Forum10/HTML/000159.html

to see Concept Kitchen's side of the "royalties" debate...

[This message has been edited by VisorDeluxe (edited 07-28-2000).]
    Originally posted by jb2:
    Oh boy.. Will someone call one of the networks: ABC, CBS or NBC. This thread is way better than "Who Wants to be a Millionaire", 10 times better than "Survivor" and 100 times better than "BigBrother".

In previous years 48 HOURS and 60 MINUTES have both air parts of my battle on
    their shows. Please contact ABC, CBS,FOX, and NBC. I'm game if it would help their
    ratings lets do it. In the meantime if one of the networks will air this. All of you will learn
    allot.

Inventor

SEE http://www.vsps.com/abstract33.htm

[This message has been edited by Inventorb (edited 07-28-2000).]
    I agree with Linguas. BTW-in just one post (on page 15, dated 7-26-00 at 6:42 PM), Warman manages 34 spelling, punctuation, and syntax errors. He dares to criticize anyone else's intelligence...
    Inventorb,

I know that when I have had stuff of mine on TV, Newspapers or Magazines I have taped, cut out or copied the article or add. So it would not be unreasonable to think that you have too. Could you please post references to when these programs aired, what programs they are and if it was local or natioal. That way we are able to look at them.
    I would go to your web site but to be honest, I wouldn't want to add hits to your meter.

BTW. By way of example something like this would really be helpfull as an answer to this post:

1) OCT 10, 1999, NBC NIGHTLY NEWS 23:00 *KNDS*, Segment "Screen Protectors and You".
    2) Nov 12, 1999, CBS Good Morning America, *National* Segment: "Fish Finders and Accessories"

Please note that in no way am I being critical in this post, it's only that I would like to see these TV spots.

------------------
    Leo

[This message has been edited by lcohen (edited 07-28-2000).]

Everyone - stop and think about the implications of this thread:

Warman has gained A LOT (not allot...sorry) of *free* publicity for his company and products. This thread has been noted in countless PDA portals, and now thousands of people know of Warman's goods (and luckily, also know of his business practices!)

The whole idea of getting media coverage, although posted as a joke, only plays into Warman's trap. Warman has timed his replies only to keep this thread alive (it went into a coma 2 or 3 times in the past couple pages...)

Indeed, the tone of these messages will create negative publicity for the company. However, Warman has gained a great deal of name recognition, and (as he has stated over and over again...) given his site many more hits than usual.

However, secondary and tertiary review/impressions of this thread will no doubt provide Warman with the upside of publicity, and may not accurately portray the emotion (i.e. hatred) towards the manner in which he conducts business.

Let's keep this thread going - but not give Warman too many free-bees.

Warman:
    EXPLAIN TO EVERYONE READING THIS THREAD *WHY* YOU ASKED EBAY TO REMOVE THE OPENED PACKAGE OF WRITERIGHTS?!

(Afterall, you claim the Concept Kitchen "made me lot of money" and you would never collect a royalty twice...)

Please answer this question directly - i.e. without referring me to a date, or a patent attorney!

[Answer the question as you would to your "straight A" daughter, Melissa]

----------------------------
    "It's hard taking to a bit_h that's dumber than a rock."

"This is a proven fact"

Inventorb,
    Originally posted by Inventorb:
    In the meantime if one of the networks will air this. All of you will learn
    allot.
    From Merriam-Webster OnLine:

Main Entry: al∑lot
    Pronunciation: &-'lšt
    Function: transitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): al∑lot∑ted; al∑lot∑ting
    Etymology: Middle English alotten, from Middle French aloter, from a- (from Latin ad-) + lot, of Germanic origin; akin to Old English hlot lot
    Date: 15th century
    1 : to assign as a share or portion <allot 10 minutes for the speech>
    2 : to distribute by or as if by lot <allot seats to the press>
    - al∑lot∑ter noun

Are you trying to say A Lot?
    Since you are so high on semantics (ie. your bit_h diatribe) please be so kind as to tell us what it is we need to learn. If you mean theat we will learn to allot then, please explain how you can set yourself up as an example of sharing. If you meant a lot explain what exactly it is that we would learn. OR post the dates of the program transmissions.

------------------
    Leo

Warman - you never removed the "feedback" you stole from this thread:

The person who wrote the statement TOLD you to remove his words from your website. Are you going to take the words that you STOLE down?

Maybe the person changed his mind and let you keep his message on you site - is that the case Warman?

(Maybe I should email Mr. Palmer and get the true story...all I'd have to do is find that post on 6/3/00 and click on his profile...)

-------------------------
    http://www.vsps.com/comments.htm

Michael Palmer 06-03-2000
    "Yes, you may quote my statement. Not only do they provide screen protection without any loss of legibility, the stylus tip seems to glide effortlessly over the surface of the protector. I cannot
    imagine going back to my previous screen protection.

I am sincere in what I have to say about your product, and I am completely satisfied.
    Thank you for your efforts."

Michael Palmer"

"Please contact ABC, CBS,FOX, and NBC. I'm game if it would help their ratings lets do it. In the meantime if one of the networks will air this. All of you will learn
    allot."

Inventor

I think Jerry Springer will be more suited for your taste and IQ Warman.

Well, I try to stay away.

------------------
    KAY

[This message has been edited by KennethAaron425 (edited 07-28-2000).]
    Warman,

As you were so kind as to answer one of my other questions, I would be interested in an answer to the current question you seem to be avoiding (or maybe missing):

Why are you trying to stop the sale of WriteRights on Ebay when, according to your own words, you already get royalties from ConceptKitchen? Either you are getting royalties and you shouldn't be trying to stop the sale of WriteRights on Ebay (since you already received your royalties) or you're lying about receiving royalties at all, and are spreading false information about a competitor.

Thank you for your response,

------------------
    -Petro
    Go to The Hunger Site and help eliminate hunger!
    All you have to do is click one button! No catch, no personal information requested!!
    Please go once a day! Every day!
    Originally posted by VisorDeluxe:
    Warman - you never removed the "feedback" you stole from this thread:

The person who wrote the statement TOLD you to remove his words from your website. Are you going to take the words that you STOLE down?

Maybe the person changed his mind and let you keep his message on you site - is that the case Warman?

(Maybe I should email Mr. Palmer and get the true story...all I'd have to do is find that post on 6/3/00 and click on his profile...)

The Quotes on my comment page came from E - Mails that was sent directly to me. The wording was not stolen from this site or any other.

On another note:
    As you view this page http://www.vsps.com/comments.htm notice the dates from my customers. They go back to the early part of 1993. This is one (1) year before Concept Kitchen used my idea.

Still on another note:
    Fellows owns the WR Screen Protectors. Why do you continually bring Concept Kitchen into this discussion?

Concept Kitchen has honored my cease and desist letter and sold their rights to FELLOWS.

Thank You
    Inventor http://www.vsps.com/
    Originally posted by Inventorb:

The Quotes on my comment page came from E - Mails that was sent directly to me. The wording was not stolen from this site or any other.

On another note:
    As you view this page http://www.vsps.com/comments.htm notice the dates from my customers. They go back to the early part of 1993. This is one (1) year before Concept Kitchen used my idea.

Still on another note:
    Fellows owns the WR Screen Protectors. Why do you continually bring Concept Kitchen into this discussion?

Concept Kitchen has honored my cease and desist letter and sold their rights to FELLOWS.

Thank You
    I appologize for all the posts, but the thread seams not to be working correctly for me. (Didn't include my message in the reply!)

Bob,

I would like to respond to your answers and questions, and maybe clear things up a bit:

1. Just because someone emailed you at one time and said they liked your product, does not mean that they still do, or still want you to use their words as an advertisement. The question was do they still allow you to, or did you leave it up w/o their permission.

2. CK keeps being mentioned, because you are avoiding a very important legal question: did you, or did you not receive royalties from Concept Kitchen? If you did, then you are breaking the law by denying people to sell WriteRights on Ebay (you can only recieve royalties once!) If you didn't, they you are spreading libel against CK which (guess what?) isn't really legal either, is it? That's why they keep being mentioned, and will continue to be until you give us a real answer!

3. Just because FELLOWS may be producing WRs instead of CK (which I haven't been able to confirm) does not mean that they are "ceasing and desisting" per your request. It just means they wanted to sell the product to another company so they could make some money.

Please respond* to the questions addressed here.
    Thank you,
    ------------------
    -Petro
    Go to The Hunger Site and help eliminate hunger!
    All you have to do is click one button! No catch, no personal information requested!!
    Please go once a day! Every day!

*respond does not mean avoid!

[This message has been edited by Petro (edited 08-02-2000).]
    Inventor:

Your comments were a bit arrogant and contained a lot of assumptions.

This is one (1) year before Concept Kitchen used my idea.
    YOUR idea? You have the patent...fair enough, but to imply that no one else could have come up with such an obvious idea by stating that they stole YOUR idea is a little much. C'mon...it's only a piece of plastic.

Umm...they still sell the WriteRights on their site. So, if they actually obeyed your threat, than I would assume they wouldn't sell them either.

This is a meaningless statement. Maybe CK DID honor your cease and desist but them selling to Fellows proves nothing. As far as I can tell, they did it to INCREASE sales in retail outlets.

Originally posted by Petro:
    I appologize for all the posts, but the thread seams not to be working correctly for me. (Didn't include my message in the reply!)

Bob,

I would like to respond to your answers and questions, and maybe clear things up a bit:

1. Just because someone emailed you at one time and said they liked your product, does not mean that they still do, or still want you to use their words as an advertisement. The question was do they still allow you to, or did you leave it up w/o their permission.

2. CK keeps being mentioned, because you are avoiding a very important legal question: did you, or did you not receive royalties from Concept Kitchen? If you did, then you are breaking the law by denying people to sell WriteRights on Ebay (you can only recieve royalties once!) If you didn't, they you are spreading libel against CK which (guess what?) isn't really legal either, is it? That's why they keep being mentioned, and will continue to be until you give us a real answer!

3. Just because FELLOWS may be producing WRs instead of CK (which I haven't been able to confirm) does not mean that they are "ceasing and desisting" per your request. It just means they wanted to sell the product to another company so they could make some money.

Please respond* to the questions addressed here.
    Thank you,
    Thank You for clarifying these matters. I wish I was as intelligent as you are.

[This message has been edited by Inventorb (edited 08-05-2000).]
    Originally posted by VisorDeluxe:
    As many of you already know, Smaller.com is owned by Concept Kitchen.

Check out: http://talk.smaller.com/Forum10/HTML/000159.html

to see Concept Kitchen's side of the "royalties" debate...

Since you have posted your Question on 07-28-2000 at one of CK's sites. You have

received 0 replies to your question.

I can see that CK answered your question(s).

Thank You
    Inventor
    http://www.vsps.com/

Special Note: FYI

In some circumstances a contractual agreement will not allow certain information to be released.
    Ok,
    this is to much for me to take.
    Warman,
    you cannot patent an idea. You can patent a specific product. If someone patents and idea (which they can't) that is something called a monopoly. We don't like monopolies. I would never spend my money on a screen protecter for my palm III, much less yours.

your fan example;
    you can patent a 6" fan. if there is a different blade design, or a different motor, or some kind of design change, you can patent it. one thing I can't do is make the EXACT same thing you did and sell it without your permission. If I have a better idea, I can patent and sell it at my own will. I'm not robbing you. it is called competing. I'm a minor and I understand crap like that. why don't you go and donate a couple thousand to microsoft? well, I am not going to make the same mistake by buying your product.

Why would anyone pay royalties to you because they are selling packaging tape type stuff?
    all it is, is adhesive and seram wrap. What kind of ***** would demand royalties for adhesive and seram wrap? Why don't I just put a piece of scotch tape on my grafitti area? what do you say to that, punk? Well, I must leave now to go buy an Nushield.

btw, why are you mad about writewrights? did you patent a piece of crap blurry cover, or a nice, clear crisp one? that's what I thought. l8er.

I'm not attacking you, I am just speaking my mind. I love this free speech stuff.