Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Well, this is probably my last post here. It's been fun. I'm guessing a number of the people on this thread (myself included) have been debating you for the sheer fun of it...pretty much acknowleging the fact that there is no way anyone wil *win* the debate.

I will finish by saying that the real enemy here isn't necessarily Bill Warman, but actually the patent office for granting such a ridiculously broad patent. It's been said over and over that you are not supposed to be able to patent an idea, but only the implementation of said idea.

In your case, Mr. Warman, you were granted an insanely broad patent to an idea. You said yourself that there isn't a specific material that you use, and there isn't even a particular device your protector was designed for. Your ONLY specification regarding the product is that it is used on a device with electricity. Barring that, you'd be out attacking Shrink Wrap, sunglasses, Tupperware and any other company using "clear plastic'" to "protect" something. That would be just silly, wouldn't it?

Your invention shows no innovation, is clearly derivative of a number of prior products that have already been mentioned and your arguments regarding these infringers are so incredibly week.

You never really acknowleged the Easy Peel situation. Easy Peel makes static stickers. That does not infringe on your patent. They had THE IDEA to cut them small so one could use them on their PDA. If, in doing that, they are infringing on your patent, then it is clear that your patent should not be valid, as it is merely AN IDEA! The materials and techniques are completely different than yours.

But, I've said all of that before and the fun of the argument is fading. I only hope you stand behind your words and you sue ConceptKitchen just so they can invalidate your silly patent.

If you go to court with them, and you win, I'll concede that you beat the system and more power to you. If you loose, well, I hope the fish keep biting for you.

warman,

you have proved that you've been lying to us. Here's how: If Concept Kitchen pays you royalties, as you claim, then you would have to need to shut down Ryan's auction of his remaining Write Rights. Why? Because you had already gotten your money. Royalties don't have to be paid everytime a product changes hands, only when it leaves the original retailer.

Therefore, the fact that you are pursuing Ryan and falsely labeling him an infringer proves that you never received royalties from Concept Kitchen, and you are therefore lying to and deceiving everyone here. Instead of pretentiously signing your posts "Inventor", it would be more appropriate and applicable if you would sign them "Liar". Please do so from now on.
    Originally posted by Hawkeye:
    warman,

you have proved that you've been lying to us. Here's how: If Concept Kitchen pays you royalties, as you claim, then you would have to need to shut down Ryan's auction of his remaining Write Rights. Why? Because you had already gotten your money. Royalties don't have to be paid everytime a product changes hands, only when it leaves the original retailer.

Therefore, the fact that you are pursuing Ryan and falsely labeling him an infringer proves that you never received royalties from Concept Kitchen, and you are therefore lying to and deceiving everyone here. Instead of pretentiously signing your posts "Inventor", it would be more appropriate and applicable if you would sign them "Liar". Please do so from now on.
    I would like to thank ConceptKitchen for all their support in the screen protector industry. I would also like to thank them for the royalties they have made for me.

Hawkeye "Liar"

Inventor
    bill,

You are claiming two things to be true:

1) Concept Kitchen pays you royalties

2) Ryan infringed on your patent by selling his excess Write Rights (a Concept Kitchen product) without paying you a royalty.

If one is true, the other cannot be. They cannot both be true. Why? Well, if the first is true, then Ryan is not infringing on your patent by selling Write Rights without a royalty since that royalty has already been paid.

If you expect someone who sells Write Rights, after having bought them from CK, to pay you royalties, then that is like asking someone selling a used car to pay royalties for any patents the automaker themselves may not hold, on an airbag, for example. That's not the case and you know it.

It's getting hard for you to keep your lies straight, isn't it Bill?
    Originally posted by Inventorb:

HOMER:
    What do you call a person that sells?
    1,000,000 screen protectors for an Electronic Device.

Does that get rid of them? I really hate it when they call during dinner.

Q: What do you say to a person who makes their own screen protectors without a license?

A: "Dog b_".

Q: What do you say to a person who sells 500 screen protectors without a license?

A: Stop that or I'll have my lawyer beat you up!!

Q: What do you say to a person who sells 1,000,000 screen protectors without a license?

A: O great and powerful Concept Kitchen, may I lick your boots?

bandersnatch
    Hawkeye:

This might be construed is sticking up for Warman, note that he has hasn't technically lied about CK paying him royalties: i.e. he's never actually said CK pays him directly; he's only insinuated it with shrewdly worded phrases like, "they royaties they've made me."
    What do you call someone?
    Who doesn't understand the. english language.

Who can't. post an intelligent thought.

Who can't write or. answer a simple question.

Answer: Warman (liar)

------------------
    Hmmmmmmmm......
    I tried to stay away, I really did.

I swear.

This guy's just too much fun!

------------------
    Hmmmmmmmm......
    If you go to http://www.networksolutions.com/cgi-bin/whois/whois
    Type in screenprotector.com/ or vsps.com you will see I own them both.
    I do not run http://www.screenprotector.com/ This site is ran and used by one of my
    OEMs (Melissa).
    Inventor
    Bill,

This is one of the little bizarre subplots here...OK, so you don't "run" the site, but you do "own" it! Doesn't it occur to you that it raises questions as to your integrity when you try so stridently to separate yourself from "Melissa" while admitting (once others provided this information first) that you provide the space for "her" website? This "relationship" never got adequately explained when it was first exposed and here you are bringing it up again!

[Just to name this tactic. . .one strategy of obfuscation is to provide mostly or partially accurate information by way of diverting others from uncovering other information behind it. It's a kind of bluffing in which you hope that by revealing a little bit of information, people will leave you alone. (Remember Nixon's release of the "transcripts" of the White House tapes? That's a perfect example.)]

So, let's try a couple of direct questions:

1) What are your familial, personal, and professional relationships with "Melissa"?

2) Why are you providing "her" with a website to sell "your" product?

AND AN UNRELATED BONUS QUESTION! 3) What ever happened to those "other people" that you accused of posting here "under your name?" It seems to me that you said the FBI was investigating that situation...how's that working out for you?

Hawkeye, et al - as much as I've enjoyed this whole thing, I personally think the "STOP" logo is a step or two "over the line" (after my initial chuckle )! There has been plenty of venom slung around, here for obvious reasons, but I'm concerned that the logo shifts the focus away from the business practices of the individual and on to the individual himself, making it a personal vendetta. It may be that Mr. War-man is a destructive and pathological person, but I would say that what we've seen in this thread only rises to the level of sad, not destructive and pathological.

(so, Ryan, Hawkeye, did I do OK?)

NOTE: The preceded parenthetical question was merely satire intended to mock the idea that I am "following" anyone on this list! I, like others, originally clicked on to learn more about screen protectors and found myself oddly attracted by the strangeness of it all. I've come to my own conclusions via my own process. (I don't watch "Survivor" but this looks to me like a better version of the same thing - who's going to "give" first!)
    Originally posted by VoxDei:
    Bill,

1) What are your familial, personal, and professional relationships with "Melissa"?

2) Why are you providing "her" with a website to sell "your" product?

[/i]
    Melissa is a High School student.
    She at this time cannot afford to pay for her own site.
    She is a true young professional.
    She is a straight A student.
    I felt as though I could help her out.
    She showed a lot of interest in starting a WWW program.
    Some of these people on this site would not even help their Grandmothers from the way they attack Melissa.
    This is my opinion.

Thank You for the Question.
    Inventor
    Originally posted by ntshy1083:
    The correct address for the website in which Warman claims ownership of www.ScreenProtectors.com is:
    http://www.lurestruly.com/LTOD/guestbook.htm
    (the original link had .htm] rather than .htm)

About Bill Warman

"See the latest report from Bill Warman, local field tester of our Hand Poured Soft Plastics
    Bill Warman is a holder mulitple, Arizona, U.S. and World line class Titles to his credit"
    See
    http://members.xoom.com/Inventorb/cert.htm

http://members.xoom.com/Inventorb/cert2.htm

And
    http://www.vsps.com/billwarman.htm

Inventor
    Mr. Warman,

A very good question was posed to which you did not respond: Why did you have e-Bay remove the auction selling WriteRights if in fact you receive royalties from Concept Kitchen as you have implied?

You yourself said in an earlier post in this thread: "I will never collect a royalty twice. This is against the federal laws of this nation. I do abide by these rules." If this is indeed true, how do you explain this discrepancy?

I have noticed that you are quite adroit with a fitting quote to drive home your points ("been there and Done that," "Sour Grapes," "Sticks and Stones," etc.) I thought you might benefit from these as well:

"When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson
    "The ultimate good desired is better reached by free trade in ideas [and] the best test of truth is the power of the thought to get itself accepted in the competition of the market."
    - Oliver Wendell Holmes
    "My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those who work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was less competition there."
    - Indira Gandhi
    ------------------
    I doubt, therefore I might be

[This message has been edited by linguas (edited 07-16-2000).]
    Melissa is a High School student.
    She at this time cannot afford to pay for her own site.
    She is a true young professional.
    She is a straight A student.
    I felt as though I could help her out. (In more than one way)
    She showed a lot of interest in starting a WWW program.
    Some of these people on this site would not even help their Grandmothers from the way they attack Melissa.
    This is my opinion.

Thank You for the Question.
    Inventor

This is truly a typical Warman post: Incoherent (I love his style!), with a lie or two (“she can't afford to buy a site”...a site costs just $14! You can even get a site for free! I recommend ww.namezero.com!), and a list of titles someone holds to make him/her sound credible:

Girlfriend (AKA Melissa) = "Straight A student"
    Warman = "Inventor"B, Patent Holder (note the background on his site)
    Lisa Don Lisa, Attorney = Yale (?) or Harvard (?) Graduate (I forget which - from an earlier Warman post)

----------------------------

Warman: Are you ever going to explain why you harassed eBay users, when "Concept Kitchen already makes me a lot of money"?!

(I know you have a petent – you need not explain it away by saying you were protecting your intellectual rights by stealing around $22 from someone who, as you claim, already gave you the 15 cents you demand in royalties!)

It is interesting to note that Warman's post was an answer to

So Warman, is "Melissa" your grandmother?!

("Some of these people on this site would not even help their Grandmothers from the way they attack Melissa.")

[yet another plot twist that gave me a laugh!]

[This message has been edited by ntshy1083 (edited 07-16-2000).]

About Bill Warman

"See the latest report from Bill Warman, local field tester of our Hand Poured Soft Plastics
    Bill Warman is a holder mulitple, Arizona, U.S. and World line class Titles to his credit"
    See
    http://members.xoom.com/Inventorb/cert.htm

http://members.xoom.com/Inventorb/cert2.htm

And
    http://www.vsps.com/billwarman.htm

Inventor
    Warman, thank you for the lead...
    at: http://www.vsps.com/signupbbrc.htm

You announce:
    "A $15.00 Fee and you could win
    $8,000,000.00 "

something smells fishy

BTW: http://www.vsps.com/billwarman.htm

has another wonderful backround...take a look! (and win 9,000,000 if you pay me $20 and guess what he lists at his greatest accomplishment on his resume!)

A clue is that he did it in 1988 - I believe it already has been proven that such a patent was given FOUR years later. Oh well, another Warman style post.

[Also: if you ever want to get an address from a phone number listed on a webpage, just goto www.reversephonedirectory.com ]
    Warman is still bullying eBay to remove WriteRights...

PALM WRITERIGHT SCREEN PROTECTORS HANDSPRING http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...item=377597441

WriteRights for the Handspring Visor...taken off with 8 bids at $9.00!

Scheduled end time: Jul-18 16:06 (i.e. Warman contacted them recently, unless eBay now has a general policy to remove WriteRights)

Now Warman, explain why you want them removed if you already got your money!
    Check out the "New Screen Protector's" thread from comp.sys.palmpilots from back in January.

Someone purporting to be Melissa (at least they say they can be contacted via an e-mail address starting with that name) was posting, oddly enough, under the screen name WJW...there are other interesting things there too.

I expect she's his daughter - not her fault so let's go easy on her.

[This message has been edited by bandersnatch (edited 07-16-2000).]

Sorry, that was comp.sys.palmtops.pilot. The link was a horrendously long thing and wouldn't paste in here properly.

bandersnatch
    Originally posted by bandersnatch:
    Check out the "New Screen Protector's" thread from comp.sys.palmpilots from back in January.

Someone purporting to be Melissa (at least they say they can be contacted via an e-mail address starting with that name) was posting, oddly enough, under the screen name WJW...there are other interesting things there too.

I expect she's his daughter - not her fault so let's go easy on her.

i, too, tried to stay away. i really tried.

anyway... wjw is a little too close to william j. warman for comfort. if it is his daughter, maybe her name is wendy jean? or maybe we've caught the poor guy in another lie. it's like bass fishin' man... you just bait the hook, and reel 'em in!

------------------
    matty
    beware the dryptosaur.
    I am a new poster to this thread, and a rookie one at that. I just read at the Concept Kitchen web site that they sold their handheld and PDA product line to Fellowes Mfg. Since this thread has touched on CK, I thought this would be interesting.....As for inventorb......I decided long before I read this thread not purchase your product. Your web site had no online ordering when I went there, I could barely get around it. When a site is hard for me to navigate, I leave it in the dust. I'm glad I did.

------------------
    "It isn't easy bein' green"