Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Charo:
    The WRs for color screens
    are clear and do not have the texture.
    Can they be trimmed for a Palm V? How do they look/work on the B&W screen?

I've been going with inkjet window decals lately, but don't like the smearing when they get wet; also, they scratch easily and seem to have enough roughness (at least in the smeared places) to make me worry about increased stylus wear.

bandersnatch

Originally posted by bandersnatch:
    I've been going with inkjet window decals lately, but don't like the smearing when they get wet
    I found on another thread - remove the coating. (Use window cleaner on the sheet before it's applied to the Visor.) Very slick then...

Thanks, I'll try it. Incidentally, olddog seems to have moved to the Quoteland.com forum in a search for ammo - unless *two* people, or alternate personalities thereof, have saddled themselves with that moniker!

bandersnatch

PS - Tried the suggestion, but got the same gummy mess as with plain water. Maybe Franklin Covey has the color WriteRights...

[This message has been edited by bandersnatch (edited 07-08-2000).]

Today, I bought the WriteRight's marketed for the Palm IIIc, color display. They are non-textured & clear. I think they are great. Visually couldn't get better. It looks like there is no screen protection at all. Being non-textured I think it's easier writing with the stylus than the textured version. There is a tendency for a little glare, but since I normally either have the Visor in one hand, or if on a desk it's propped up at an angle, it's easy to adjust for glare.

To answer your question, I can't see any reason why they couldn't be trimmed to fit a smaller screen. They do fit the Visor perfectly as they are.
    Originally posted by Charo:

Today, I bought the WriteRight's marketed for the Palm IIIc, color display. They are non-textured & clear. I think they are great. Visually couldn't get better. It looks like there is no screen protection at all. Being non-textured I think it's easier writing with the stylus than the textured version. There is a tendency for a little glare, but since I normally either have the Visor in one hand, or if on a desk it's propped up at an angle, it's easy to adjust for glare.

To answer your question, I can't see any reason why they couldn't be trimmed to fit a smaller screen. They do fit the Visor perfectly as they are.
    Thank You for your support.
    Inventor
    Originally posted by Inventorb:
    Thank You for your support.
    Inventor
    you're welcome. it's nice to find a good product that solves a problem and/or fulfills a need.

Oh God, Bill, you're not going to start insinuating again the Concept Kitchen licenses your "invention." Gimme a break.
    Originally posted by Gameboy70:
    Oh God, Bill, you're not going to start insinuating again the Concept Kitchen licenses your "invention." Gimme a break.

OK

***Quoted letter below***
    Dear Craig at Antitroll99:
    I am a patent attorney representing Bill Warman, inventor-patentee of U.S. Patent Re 35,318 which covers the process of applying a screen protector to the face plate of an electronic instrument to prevent damage to the face plate during use and I am investigating potential patent infringements.
    I received a copy of your e-mail mentioned by usenet@jkd.hamden.ct.us in an article at
    MPG.13bdd3f471c3687b989c5b@news.newsguy.com in which you say that you know of "Win CE companies" that "supply a screen protector that is custom designed by the makers of the devices" and that you have a "Win CE
    device...[which has] a perfectly nice screen protector that came with the unit". Would you be so kind as to identify the manufacturer and model number of your Win CE device and the names and model numbers of the other Win CE companies
    that also ship such devices with the screen protector already installed.
    Thank you for your kind help and consideration.
    Kindest personal regards,
    Law Office of Donald J. Lisa

****End quoted letter***

SEE http://www.vsps.com/

[This message has been edited by Inventorb (edited 07-09-2000).]
    hey billy/olddog/whatever the hell that supposed teenage girl's name wuz--

would you mind posting one of the royalty checks that concept kitchen has sent u on the internet (like u did w/ that patent of yours)??? i don't think anyone on this bb believes that you have any -- don't u wanna prove us wrong???

------------------
    Raphael
    What does the quoted letter have to do with Concept Kitchen? The letter mentions "WinCE companies...that supply a screen protector that is custom designed by the makers of the devices," but Concept Kitchen is not a WinCE company and they don't make PDAs.

I didn't know WinCE companies had model numbers, either...
    I was wondering the same thing!

you know, I thought that this thread was dead already! Welcome back InventORB!

By the way, why do you care so much about this forum? All it does is give you negative publicity? I thought it was already acknowledged that:

1) You do have a patent and;
    2) You're approached ConceptKitchen about the issue, and they said your patent wasn't defendable.

I'm curious as to why you keep saying that they pay you royalties when they obviously don't. Is it to hurt their buisness?

By the way, since I know you won't respond to this coherently (though I truely hope you do!) I'll say I'm right with my assumption about trying to hurt their buisness.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

------------------
    -Petro

Go to The Hunger Site and help eliminate hunger!
    All you have to do is click one button! No catch, no personal information requested!!
    Please go once a day! Every day!

What does the quoted letter have to do with Concept Kitchen?
    For those new to the thread, InventorB as an uncanny ability to make little to no sense with his replies...don't worry about it...that's 'normal' for him. As far as we can tell, he can't manage to hit REPLY on the message he is ACTUALLY replying to.

Charo...no need to tell InventorB 'your welcome.' He has absolutetly nothing to do with Concept Kitchen's product other than his constant badgering of them through forums such as this.
    Originally posted by homer:
    For those new to the thread, InventorB as an uncanny ability to make little to no sense with his replies...don't worry about it...that's 'normal' for him. As far as we can tell, he can't manage to hit REPLY on the message he is ACTUALLY replying to.

Charo...no need to tell InventorB 'your welcome.' He has absolutetly nothing to do with Concept Kitchen's product other than his constant badgering of them through forums such as this.
    I do have something in common with Conceptkichen. The method of their use.
    Thank You
    Inventor
    OK, to be fair, InventorB does have a patent on a product similiar to Concept Kitchen's product.

That said, I have yet to hear any actual progress made by Invetorb's camp to contest the WriteRights, so, as far as I can tell, at this time WriteRights have nothing to do with Inventorb in the realm of actually business being conducted.
    Well, as you would all guess, our "inventor" couldn't stand to not be the center of an arguement for too long, so he's back to kick a dead horse.

What's left to say here, Bill? We know you have a patent... woohoo. We know you're very zealous about badgering those who are "infringing on your art." This proves you are a jerk who doesn't deserve our business. Why bring it up again, to remind us why we're not buying from VSPS?

Please, let it go. We all know Concept Kitchen does not pay you royalties. We also know that Donald Lisa is a coward who won't respond to legitimate (and polite) e-mails with concerns over the patent and it's owner. So what! We all know you don't know the first thing about marketing and that your web site could be produced by a 12-year old. Who cares? You constantly remind us that you are incapable of formulating a logical and coherant response to concerns/accusations posted to this forum. But we all let it go, why can't you?
    Originally posted by Hawkeye:
    Well, as you would all guess, our "inventor" couldn't stand to not be the center of an arguement for too long, so he's back to kick a dead horse.

What's left to say here, Bill? We know you have a patent... woohoo. We know you're very zealous about badgering those who are "infringing on your art." ... Why bring it up again,
    ?
    1. Some of us are above the fold.

2. United States Law requires us to contact
    all infringers.

3. If you want to call this "badgering" So
    be it.

Inventor
    see http://www.vsps.com/
    bill,

Some of us are above the fold.
    Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by that? I am unfamiliar with that saying.

United States Law requires us to contact all infringers.
    Fine, but can't you do that without constantly posting the (false) details of your little quest here, on this bulletin board? Until you prove Concept Kitchen pays you royalties, no one believes you! So why don't you cut your losses and stop wasting bandwidth?
    My life had been kinda slowing down for a while. Bill, I felt so empty without you.

Hawkeye - "Above the fold" is an old expression meaning "I've got no freakin idea what I'm talking about, I just want to try to intimidate people and sound important". We won't fault you for never hearing it before. (I assume that Warman will be copyrighting it shortly, and then enforcing his copyright on every other common expression in the English language and demanding royalties therefrom).

Warman - get a life. There are tons of threads from tons of people using tons of things for screen protection. You can't go after Avery, and Xerox, and Office Max, and Staples, and WalMart, and everyone else who is selling things that people use for screen protection. You won't discourage people from buying WriteRights by saying "Thank you" every time someone does. You won't get any money from Concept Kitchen either.

Give it up, bait your hook, fall off the boat, and do us all a favor and give it up.
    Originally posted by Petro:
    I was wondering the same thing!
    By the way, since I know you [InventorB] won't respond to this coherently (though I truely hope you do!) I'll say I'm right with my assumption about trying to hurt their buisness.
    Oh Inventor!! Why oh why did you have to prove me right? I really had faith that you would respond to my questions. I guess I shouldn't ignore the 12 pages of posts that you haven't responded to either. InventORB, please, for your own sake: Change your behavior in this forum. Talk coherently! And respond maturely to mature questions. Who knows? People may just start using your products instead of CKs?

------------------
    -Petro
    Go to The Hunger Site and help eliminate hunger!
    All you have to do is click one button! No catch, no personal information requested!!
    Please go once a day! Every day!
    "Above the fold" is actually an old newspaper term: it refers to something that appears on the upper half of the front page of a broadsheet newspaper.

I believe Inventorb may have meant to use the term "above the fray," but I wouldn't presume to speak for him.