Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    InventorOrb:

How many people are posting under your account? I must have seen three or four different writing styles, with varying degrees of coherence and maturity.
    Gameboy,

shhhhh, you're not supposed to say anything until the FBI probe is done and the reporters come in. That last post, though, was 99% copy/paste from the site he references. Thus the coherence.

You'll also notice, he's still in the habit of quoting long and unrelated posts since he's somehow unable to scroll down and press "Post Reply" like the rest of us. Way to go Bill.

Bill Warman?
    Originally posted by Inventorb:
    This is added out of respect for this sites management.

Patent Reexamination Procedure Act of 1999
    <snip>
    Mr. Warman,

Thank you for illustrating my point about being more interested in your patent than in the merits of your product (hardly a surprise after following this thread.) I must, however, give you credit for your mastery of the nonsequitur!
    As to the change in writing style seen above, I'm sure it's a cut-and-paste or transcript from some other source.

Linguas

------------------
    I doubt, therefore I might be
    Originally posted by Hawkeye:
    You'll also notice, he's still in the habit of quoting long and unrelated posts since he's somehow unable to scroll down and press "Post Reply" like the rest of us.
    I expect he was just demonstrating his respect for the site's management!
    Originally posted by Hawkeye:
    Gameboy,

shhhhh, you're not supposed to say anything until the FBI probe is done and the reporters come in. That last post, though, was 99% copy/paste from the site he references. Thus the coherence.

You'll also notice, he's still in the habit of quoting long and unrelated posts since he's somehow unable to scroll down and press "Post Reply" like the rest of us. Way to go Bill.

Bill Warman?
    What ever I say on this site it is taken at a negative impact towards me, and my products.
    Hawkeye you are a very disgrace to this site, you are a trouble maker that is guarded by the first amendment to our constitution. I have contacted Don Lisa and request him not to respond to your e-mail's, or the Boycotted sites.

I have given you a link to use. Use this link. This is what you will have to do to try and destroy my patent. Good luck, just the fact that a few are crying is not going to solve your problems. For everyone that have tried to offend me. You have not succeeded. You have only made me stronger.

The Spelling and Grammar is by Lotus.

What a bunch of sour grapes that need to be made into a bitter wine.
    Yours truly
    Well, as long as we're on cliché’s, "Stick and stones...", warman.

Hawkeye you are a very disgrace...
    Thank you! I may be "guarded" by the first amendment, but you're the one hiding behind accusations and insults. You claim to love the U.S. so much, and yet you refuse to work in the manner that made this country great: hard work. You see, if you did what every other company does, and put your resources into R&D, marketing, consumer relations, etc., you would have a much more profitable product on your hands.

But since you're such a jerk who can't get over his patent, you continually offend all those who might otherwise buy your product. You accuse everyone on this site of not being "law abiding citizens" and insist they're not your target market. But they are. That's where you're mistaken. This board made up 4,000 potential customers, but you blew it. So don't come in here and call people troublemakers and lawbreakers and expect us to cry you a river. Get over yourself.

I couldn't care less about invalidating your patent. I don't have the qualifications to dispute it. It's not my place. But what you've done is come in here and shove your patent in everyone's face, and by doing so, invalidated your character and your moral integrity.

Your instructions to Mr. Lisa to remain silent might not be the best decision either. I think our imaginations in the absence of facts are worse than whatever the truth may be. You keep claiming that the facts will exonerate you from the accusations of poor character, yet you continue to keep those facts to yourself.

Remaining silent simply means that you have no defense for the accusations made against you. Do you care? Nope. Even after 11 pages of posts you continue to omit the details of your product and why it is superior. Instead, you used your time and poor verbiage to insult, accuse, lie to, and annoy potential buyers. Good choice!

The Spelling and Grammar is by Lotus.
    Get a new program!

[This message has been edited by Hawkeye (edited 06-22-2000).]
    Let's all calm down; This thread is too funny to be ended cuz some people lost their cool.

------------------
    Raphael
    Perhaps the reason why he hasn't taken anyone to court, and he's instructed his lawyer not to reply to Hawkeye is because he can't afford it. Every time the lawyer does any work, the bill goes up. Unless there's more money in fishing than it seems, or unless he's already rolling in it, he has to watch the costs, particularly as this argument will only stop with a successful patent defence - which will take years (eg see http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0...4695,00.html).

So far, he's:
    a) blustered about his patent, waving it around like a stick (and ignored the opportunity to extol the virtues of his product)
    b) attempted to verbally savage anyone with a different opinion to himself (at least I think that's what he was doing, in his own incomprehensible, inimitable way)
    c) used his lawyer like a fierce guard dog, expecting to frighten everyone into silence

Well, no one appears to be frightened by his bluster, let alone silenced, and if his guard dog is toothless because of cash shortages, then BillyBob's bus will keep rolling until he crashes it.

The more criticism he gets, the more he has to defend himself, taking up more time and energy. Unless he offloads the job to someone (equally as demented) else, he's likely to implode and self-destruct. Do we really want to be responsible for that? - he's probably a good egg if you look (deep/very deep/ whoa, stop at his gizzards) below the surface.

There's enough people out there using home made protectors, (and enough articles on the web advising how to make them) to justify (in his own mind) legal action, so either he can't afford the legal action, or he has reason to believe that he cannot defend the patent.

On the other hand, perhaps his lawyer has had enough of him .

Which is it BillyBob, I'm sure we're all

PS, how's the shark fishing going? Was the response in Japanese?

------------------
    Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more,
    Or close the wall up with our English dead!
    thought you guys might be interested in this recent 'patent' news.....
    http://cbc.ca/cgi-bin/templates/view...ebpatent000622
    Wow! I've been in computer hell for about a week -- since I decided to clean up my computer by reformatting the hard drive and reloading the necessary stuff (don't ask me what on earth gave me that stupid idea). Anyhow, I'm finally back among the wired -- and nearly two full pages have been added to these posts. Thanks, all, for the entertainment!

Hawkeye, keep up the good work.

And that RF web site was a hoot!
    Originally posted by gomez:
    he's probably a good egg if you look (deep/very deep/ whoa, stop at his gizzards) below the surface.
    Egg? Gizzard (plural, yet?)? Are you suggesting our friend is (gasp) chicken?

Sorry folks, I couldn't help myself...

Erased by ByinHi

[This message has been edited by ByinHi (edited 06-24-2000).]
    I have to say I love this Warman guy. It's stupid people like him that make lawyers rich. Did I mention I'd like to be a lawyer.

------------------
    Submit suggestions for signature to Lothaire@Hotmail.com
    I think all you people need to get a Life!! It's a &%#!?@* piece of plastic, for crying out loud, not the cure for cancer. Just let it go man. LET IT GO!! If this guy wants to play with his patents than let him play. I think you've beaten this thing to death already.
    Originally posted by bearboy:
    I think all you people need to get a Life!! It's a &%#!?@* piece of plastic, for crying out loud, not the cure for cancer. Just let it go man. LET IT GO!! If this guy wants to play with his patents than let him play. I think you've beaten this thing to death already.

Im starting to agree, a few weeks ago it was kinda fun to dis warman. But he doesnt show any signs of getting smarter. Its just boring and stupid now.
    Agreed. In a battle of wits with IVB, he's unarmed.

Mike
    First off, I would like to thank all for a very ammusing read (yes, I read from the begining). And now for the special commendations.

InventorB: Thank you for the incoherent but humorous comments, and by the way, we all know you're olddog too.

Also, unless you're willing to go after CK for the WriteRight, I think it really lowers you to go after people a) selling the WRs in ebay and b) people trying to make a few bucks by cutting plastic into rectangles for friends and fellow PDA users.

Hawkeye: Good show! Nuff said.

I would also like to point out that the web site parody was great!

On a completely unrelated note, anyone besides me read in the Soundoff forum that the minijam is being released in only A FEW WEEKS!!!!

-Petro

P.S. Marshmallows are an inferior form of transportation.
    P.P.S. No, I did not spell check this.
    Originally posted by Kunochan:
    http://public.surfree.com/apikoros/screen/
    I've been reading all these posts today...what a hilarious topic...Kunochan, you rock! I've been laughing so hard my stomach hurts...you should be on the Wal-Mart Innovation Network!!!

Peace,
    Vern

[This message has been edited by Verngator (edited 07-01-2000).]
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    More Dilbert...on patents. (Amazon's)
    http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilber...ve/cal-09.html
    The regular WriteRights have a textured surface that is intended to reduce glare on non-color screens. The WRs for color screens
    are clear and do not have the texture.

They are being marketed as "Got Color? Then get our color-friendly WrteRight for the Palm IIIc".

Best Buy WriteRights on sale at $19.99, this week.