Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Bill Warman?

BTW, what was the point of your last post. You know my name. Hooray for you. I know yours too. What's that make us, name buddies?
    he's just SO proud that he knew how to click on the little 'profile' icon on your post and THEN! click on the link to your home page!

Wow, Hawkeye, i'd be worried from a guy who can click like that! (possible future career in private investigation eh?)
    Hoser,

*LOL* I know it, we have a regular super sleuth on our hands. We have to be careful about what we say or he may put a hit out on us.

Good work Bill. We're all proud of you.
    You guys didn't know? He used his Rat, previously known as a mouse that was common, but said it was used specifically for detective work. So if you want to do detective work on your own, buy a Rat from Mr Warman. :-)
    Bravo!! Kunochan, that was hilarious. Everything was so....Warman!

You have made an on-call night at the hospital fun. Thanks!!

------------------
    KAY
    You are BRILLIANT!

Thank you for one of the best hacks I've seen in recent history. ;-D
    Hey "Eric" - nice pictures!
    Hey wow, who knew all of this would make me famous? Of course, that site that I made really sucks as it took me about 2 seconds to make. I didn't really put my best foot forward. Oh well. Thanks for the hits. Darn, I knew I should have gotten the guestbook done.
    Watch the language olddog; Let me teach you a new trick -- Stick to the facts, and you will never need to resort to insults.

------------------
    James Hromadka
    VisorCentral.com
    Personal Website: http://www.Hromadka.com
    Hey Warman did you invent the internet as well as Al Gore are you suing him?
    whoa, no ones posted here in a whole day... this is... scary
    First, a disclaimer: I reside in the UK and have no connection with any previous contributor to this forum (although for the benefit of any hitman/executioner, purveyor of torture or mental or physical discomfort, or anyone else who may have the capacity [deliberate or otherwise] and who may be in the employment or acting under the instructions, real or otherwise [howsoever communicated] of any previous or future contributor, I may be contacted at my alternative residence which is currently located on the dark side of the moon) .

Furthermore, my mental capacity has never been evaluated and I may not be responsible (legally, morally or otherwise) for any comments I may make on this or any other forum, either now or in the future . As evidence of this, and of a possibly disturbed/deranged mind, and to allow you to evaluate whether you should read my intended comments, I must point out: a) I don't own a Visor, Palm, or other similar PDA b) I don't use any form of screen protector

Having said that, I came across an article mentioning a boycott and linking to this site. I've read all the postings, and laughed out loud several times (causing colleagues to question my mental state ) I do think however, that it went off the boil after page 5 or so. The spoof page http://public.surfree.com/apikoros/screen/ was brilliant, and thanks to the posters of the Oscar Wilde quote and of the advice about arguing with an ***** - priceless.

However, seriously, you blokes should take care, Mr Bill/Bob seems dangerously close to flying off the handle, and knowing how litigious your society is, he may hold you responsible for any miscreant act he may perform whilst the balance of his mind is disturbed after reading your unfair, biased, uncomplementary, vindictive and thoroughly unkind comments. In addition, he may cry and lose the respect of his colleagues and the fish who may refuse to be caught by him, thus further eroding his reputation and self-esteem causing him to consider the taking of his own life ... err,... on second thoughts... NB: On legal advice at this point, I must point out that if BillyBob were to take his own life, or anything, or indeed, if he borrowed rather than took, then I am sure he would seek the correct authorisation in advance of doing so (as he did with the earlier posted comments of his satisfied customer ).

I don't know about your political system, but in the UK, anyone affected or concerned by miscreant action (including that of those who may have posted to a forum) can report the matter to his/her Member of Parliament who can investigate and if necessary, start a debate in the House of Parliament. Such a debate may lead to changes in the law or of procedure or even criminal action. The debate in the House is protected by parliamentary privilege and is immune from slander/libel laws . I know our governmental system is several hundred years older than yours, but perhaps you have a similar system (?) in which case I think the USA owes the UK boucho royalties (ever wonder where that term 'royalty' comes from? yep, from us - more boucho royalties please). Sorry BillyBob you can't patent something that's already in prior use (the royalty system), so I think the UK is safe.

BTW, I read the patent page http://www.patents.ibm.com/details?&...5318__&s_all=1 and examined the diagram. As previously disclaimed, I do not own a Visor (further disclaimer: all trademarks are those of their respective owners), but I thought it was a handheld device, meant to fit in the pocket - has BillyBob patented a large hand to enable the holding of the device illustrated in the patent document, and patented a large pocket for holding it?

Question: does it matter what grade of olive oil is used?

IMHO, the patent won't stand up to a robust challenge, but I admit I don't know what a LCR screen is (please read my disclaimer above vis a vie my mental capacity). To develop further the arguments from those posters who bought products with clear plastic stickers on them, (later reported by BillyBob to be for protection during shipping, rather than during use) I bought a watch with such a sticker. Being a sad case, I kept the sticker on for some time after I started wearing it (mainly because I didn't realise it had a sticker on it ). Hmmmmm...this would appear to conflict with somebody or other's patent (fancy taking on Casio 'somebody or other'? - as a fisherman how about some shark fishing rather than dipping for tiddlers? You don't have to do it for the money, do it for the sport )

Anyway, from reading eARl.ier pOS-/tiNgs, BillyBob feels confident that one day, vengence will be his, but he should consider carefully what will happen when he eventually shuffles off his mortal coil and meets my friend Mr W Shakespeare who would be most upset at how BillyBob has desecrated his (and mine) language .

[This message has been edited by gomez (edited 06-19-2000).]
    Gomez,

ROFL at your post. I do so enjoy the British sense of humor (or is that humour?). Just don't forget that NOBODY can bastardize the english language like us Yanks!!

------------------
    -----------------------
    Have Visor Will Travel!
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by visor empowered:
    [B]Gomez,

ROFL at your post. I do so enjoy the British sense of humor (or is that humour?).

Who said I'm British? I used to be, but now I'm not, I'm English, and, not withstanding my mental capacity, I'll sUE aNYoNe who says OTheRWIse . In addition, my paTEnT on my natiONALaliTY is PENding .

BTW, forgot to say, I deliberately didn't mention you know who's website, as I figure that no-one in their (or anyone else's) right mind would buy a product advertised on such an amateurish website, and he was gaining good publicity from repeated mentions here (there and elsewhere). Best to let it slowly starve I think.

Doesn't mean we can't have fun in the meantime though. Hey, anyone seen that film 'Gladiators'? rumour has it that the lead was played by your (I don't have a Visor, otherwise it would be 'our') own "BillyBob 'IronArms Eat Lions Testicles (while the owner is still alive )' PatentPending since 1894" .

Of course, when he was sharkfishing, he had a stand-in but BillyBob complained that the lions offered a more substantial serving.

-------------
    Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more,
    Or close the wall up with our English dead!

[This message has been edited by gomez (edited 06-20-2000).]
    Originally posted by gomez:
    Question: does it matter what grade of olive oil is used?
    No, but your eyes and ears must be extra virgin.

bandersnatch
    Warman,

In none of your incoherent posts to this thread do you actually say anything about why your product is superior to any other on the market. Instead, all you can do is flail around with your flimsy patent in the hopes that you will eventually hit someone with it.
    Obviously, customer relations and marketing are incidental to you (at best,) and it is clear that you're banking on making money from "infringement" lawsuits and on intimidating others in order to reduce competition rather than on the merits of your product. Your anticompetitive attitude is especially distasteful in a consumer society such as the one in which we live.
    Sadly, your unethical behavior contributes to the shameful reputation this country has as being frivolously and overly litigious - something that I find personally repelling but unfortunately true. I resent the fact that you exemplify this so clearly.
    I would suggest that you take some of what money you may be making (although not necessarily earning,) and invest it in furthering your education so that you can contribute to society in a positive manner.

------------------
    I doubt, therefore I might be
    Timely article:

eCompany just ran an article on Greg Aharonian. He's fighting a one-man battle against that patent office and bad patents:
    http://www.ecompany.com/articles/mag...0,6765,00.html

His own website is at http://bustpatents.com
    This must be the thread to post this one:
    http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,37095,00.html

Check out the wired story...British Telecom has a patent on hyperlinks. Move over Warman, this is the big one!!!

The BT hyperlink patent will definitely be thrown out of court. There's no shortage of prior art. I've even seen footage from the late sixties of Douglas Engelbart using hypertext-enabled word processor. And Ted Nelson is generally credited with the idea, expanding on Vannevar Bush's concepts.
    Originally posted by linguas:
    Warman,

In none of your incoherent posts to this thread do you actually say anything about why your product is superior to any other on the market. Instead, all you can do is flail around with your flimsy patent in the hopes that you will eventually hit someone with it.
    Obviously, customer relations and marketing are incidental to you (at best,) and it is clear that you're banking on making money from "infringement" lawsuits and on intimidating others in order to reduce competition rather than on the merits of your product. Your anticompetitive attitude is especially distasteful in a consumer society such as the one in which we live.
    Sadly, your unethical behavior contributes to the shameful reputation this country has as being frivolously and overly litigious - something that I find personally repelling but unfortunately true. I resent the fact that you exemplify this so clearly.
    I would suggest that you take some of what money you may be making (although not necessarily earning,) and invest it in furthering your education so that you can contribute to society in a positive manner.
    This is added out of respect for this sites management.

Patent Reexamination Procedure Act of 1999

See http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/dco...pa/summary.htm

Subtitle F The "Optional Inter Partes Reexamination
    Procedure Act of 1999"

This subtitle establishes a reexamination alternative that expands the participation of
    third-party requesters by permitting those parties to submit a written response each time the patent owner files a response to the PTO. Those third-party requesters who choose to use the optional procedure, however, will not be able to
    appeal adverse decisions beyond the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences. Also, they will not be able to challenge, in any later civil action, any fact determined during the
    process of the optional reexamination procedure.

The Director must submit to Congress within five years a report evaluating whether the
    optional reexamination proceedings are inequitable to any of the parties in interest and, if so, recommendations for
    appropriate changes.

Subtitle F takes effect on the date of enactment and its provisions apply to any patent that issues from an application filed on or after that date."