Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    You know, I think that this post was FINALLY taking a turn for the better (coherent and informative answers by inventorboy & good feedback from the rest of the posters) then came JJR with his negativness. I have a job and better things to do with my time But I choose to follow this post because....well it's interesting. I dont even own a palm pilot! And as long as the post is becoming uncivil... the following grammatical errors occured in a previous bob post;

buy buy = bye bye
    in deed = indeed

thank you

[This message has been edited by pezpunk (edited 06-14-2000).]
    http://public.surfree.com/apikoros/screen/

------------------
    Erik David Even

"You have to know that
    someday you will die.
    Until you know that, you
    are worthless." Tyler
    Durden
    Kunochan,

*ROFL* Good way to lighten things up. I particulary enjoyed the "Crappie Fisherman" logo at the bottom. Great satire. The resume and consumer comments were particularly funny! Good work!

[This message has been edited by Hawkeye (edited 06-14-2000).]
    Originally posted by Kunochan:

This is just TOO DAMNED FUNNY!!! I've followed this sorry saga from the first day and it's been worth it just to now find that you were inspired to do this website. BRAVO!!!

Boy, THAT was *funny*!!!
    (Watch your back for "person-with-NO-sense-of-humor" ...)
    Why did you even do that? That was the stupidest thing that anyone could ever do. You try to make a page to make fun of Bill but all you did was make yourself look stupid. Apparently he is not a bad fisherman because he apparently has been to 2 world championships so that also was stupid. You people only listen to one side of the story, if you notice that every statement that Bill gives is the truth or at least is legitimate. One thing that Bill does not have to do is answer every question that you people ask him! Including the yes and no questions. Hawkeye is one of the most ignorant people that I have ever heard of. When Bill put the response about his dates Hawkeye was actually being considerate of Bill. Then all of a sudden he turns that around and becomes ignorant again. I just don't get it!
    better make that "person(s)-with-no-sense-of-humor....
    hey olddog, get back under the porch. I thought the website was hilarious!

------------------
    -----------------------
    Have Visor Will Travel!
  9. SCM
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Great Work!! That is truely the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. Of course, you know that Bill's lawyers will be contacting you for infringing on their web sight design...

Steve

That site was just plain funny
    I liked the nice touches like the price and description being just as screwed up as they really are. I just hope that you dont get sued =P

Joshua

P.s. Someone posted how to make screen protectors out of sheet protectors (or maybe it was a link...). It worked great! Plus a sheet protector usually costs about $.20 and you get 18 or so little protectors for your visor.
    Originally posted by olddog:
    Hawkeye is one of the most ignorant people that I have ever heard of. When Bill put the response about his dates Hawkeye was actually being considerate of Bill. Then all of a sudden he turns that around and becomes ignorant again. I just don't get it!
    Thank you! I would like to point out, though, that appreciation of good satire doesn't make me ignorant. In fact, it proves just the opposite. Ever see Dr. Strangelove? Similar idea.

You also have to remember that ignorance is different than stupidity. Ignorance is simply not knowing or understanding the situation (or the facts in this case). It doesn't mean the inability to understand them. (How are we to know the facts when Bill won't make them available?) The inability to understand is stupidity. I fear that perhaps you either choose to ignore or can't comprehend the type of man you're working with/for.

originally posted by olddog:
    if you notice that every statement that Bill gives is the truth or at least is legitimate.
    Ha! Good one. Maybe you should re-read this thread. Take the following "clips" as an example:

Various quotes from Inventorb
    Easy Peel Reply:
    Whatssssssssss Upppppppppppppppppp
    Bill

Hey Homer:
    Great advise! Please watch your language ("hell") I have virgin eyes and ears.
    Thank You
    Bill

(particularly ironic since he later repeatedly referred to me as a "dog *****".)

...If you ask me for a "idiotic quote" you will get it.

I have enjoyed your stupidity. Since the beginning of this thread I have played all of you. Their is an impostor out their and I
    have contacted the FBI and a reporter in
    regards to this matter. This is the reason I
    have responded accordingly.
    (BTW, he never backed up any of this)

The reissued patent started in 1993 before Concept kitchen (1994). When I take them to
    court they will see. For now the are still a young company, and they are on the bottom of
    the curve.
    (Not true, reissue wasn't filed until July 19, 1994. CK could have very well been established by that date. In addition, how many PDA users feel CK is "at the bottom of the curve"? Not me.)

The people in this and another group that bad mouths me or the process are wrong. Everything is legitimate. These people are not my customers, They are not law abiding people and they do not deserve to have my politeness.(Good to know everyone here is a law-breaker. Wow, I almost feel... disreputable.)

The consumers I have lost is only do to your bad mouthing of me and my document (Glad to help!)
    Yeah, olddog, seems pretty truthful and legitimate to me. Thank you for your authoritative opinion.

[This message has been edited by Hawkeye (edited 06-15-2000).]
    Originally posted by Hawkeye:
    Yeah, olddog, seems pretty truthful and legitimate to me. Thank you for your authoritative opinion.

Then you must be stupid because you don't understand!
    The reissued patent started in 1993 before Concept kitchen (1994). When I take them to court they will see. For now the are still a young company, and they are on the bottom of the curve. (Not true, reissue wasn't filed until July 19, 1994. He wrote started in 1993 not ended! You can't just file the thing and expect it back the next !
    Oh let me be you guys for once you spelled reissue wrong, but I fixed it for you!

[This message has been edited by JHromadka (edited 06-16-2000).]
    Originally posted by SCM:
    Great Work!! That is truely the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. Of course, you know that Bill's lawyers will be contacting you for infringing on their web sight design...

Steve
    I will not waste my Attorneys time on this site. I find this site quite amusing myself.

On another issue:
    Olddog mellow out. I find Hawkeyes responses amusing. I also find that no matter what I say hawkeye will not agree to it. You are beating your head against a wall or a hard head. I will show him. I promise.
    Inventor
    Is it just me? Or did he slip and hint to us that he is Mr. Warman? Just with a different user name (old dog). Back to the name calling and bullying again I see. If not, they seem to have the same personality. And what is with this 'I will show him' stuff? Not much has been shown. I say we contact court TV and request these hearings to be televised .

By the way, the site is hilarious. I also like how the spoof site has the patent page. With the slightly distorted scan. And love the consumer comments on the spoof site also.
    You have to love the designers eye for detail on everything. Kudos!

[This message has been edited by Nick_less (edited 06-15-2000).]
    olddog, regarding the 1993 vs. 1994 dating, it's the actual file date that matters legally. Until that point, it's just notes made in some guy's basement. CK had no idea those notes existed until they are filed, agreed? BTW, if it's ignorant vs. a**hole, tough choice, but I guess a**hole will do fine. What do I win?

Warman, I think at this point we are all beating our heads against a wall. I disagree when you say I don't agree with anything you say! (Sorry, couldn't resist) Anyway, I do agree with a few things. You do have a patent. Agreed. You have the right to protect whatever that patent covers. Agreed. However, the gray area is what I dispute. That area includes what your patent covers and how you are enforcing it. Oh, and let's not forget I don't like your attitude.

I will show him. I promise.
    I can't wait.

Kunochan--

You are a master my friend. I am sitting in my cubicle laughing hysterically at your well written satire. I only wonder why you have so much free time on your hands .

I especially love the misplaced capitalization and periods, as well as the Abe Rudy Litigieux Scientist Inventor and Humanitarian you put EVERYWHERE. Also, the explanation on the order page sounds just like something Inventor would say.

Just be careful. That guy who did a Microsoft parody was sued by them. Who knows if Inventor will go nuts?

BTW--this is my first post in this ridiculously long thread. I just want Inventorb to know that when I read the first post, I immediately went to your page and was going to order one. However, I could not figure out what the different materials were, so I came back to read the discussion some more and see if anyone asked. After reading SOME of these 10 pages of postings, I have decided not to do business with you. I don't care if you find a secret code in the bible by examining spacings equal to your patent number and discover INVENTORB PLASTIC SCREEN FOREVER in the text, I would still not buy your products. Customer service goes a long way, and I know many superior products that were driven into the ground by its lack. Yours is one....

If you are counting lost sales by your callous nature, add me too. And I was literally clutching my money and about to fork it over until I read your posts. I'll just buy from someone with better funded lawyers (CK).

JakeBlues

------------------
    JakeBlues2
    "the BAND!"
    Closing thoughts? (I wanted to move on 9 pages ago, but this has been too much fun. Seems like maybe now it's wrapping up):

Kunochan - What can I say that hasn't been said already. I laughed out loud, and that doesn't happen much in an attorney's office.

Hawkeye - We all sympathize with and support you, and appreciate your research. I just hope you didn't let this guy get to you too much, he's not worth it.

And finally:

Warman (I know you're out there) - You just plain don't get it. It took you 10 pages to post a civil and coherent explanation which actually answered a question. Everyone has wasted lots of time and effort on your precious patent, which was never the "real" issue of why we don't like you and won't buy your product.

Jakeblues2 got it absolutely right. Just about all of us looked at this thread with honest intent and interest in a "better screen protector". Most of us had our hands on our wallets, and intended to buy them from you and make you lots of money in the process. Can you imagine this thread this long praising you? That's what could have happened, and what would have happened if you weren't such a jerk, cared about customers, and answered questions.

Instead, you have countless potential customers who will never buy your product because of how you treat people. You have a boycott against you, which no matter how much publicity and how many hits it gives your site, will continue to denounce you and turn people like Jakeblues2 away.

As for your alleged lawsuit against Concept Kitchen: Assuming you win and get a settlement from them, your lawyer will take a nice share of it, and what's left over still wouldn't be near as much as we would have happily sent to you and had our friends send to you if your product was good and had reasonable customer service and support.

Climb off your boat, crawl out of your hole, and learn how to deal with people, or sell your patent and your precious invention (Life's work? Get a life) to someone who can do the right thing with it.
    Originally posted by Hawkeye:
    olddog, regarding the 1993 vs. 1994 dating, it's the actual file date that matters legally. Until that point, it's just notes made in some guy's basement. CK had no idea those notes existed until they are filed, agreed? BTW, if it's ignorant vs. a**hole, tough choice, but I guess a**hole will do fine. What do I win?

Warman, I think at this point we are all beating our heads against a wall. I disagree when you say I don't agree with anything you say! (Sorry, couldn't resist) Anyway, I do agree with a few things. You do have a patent. Agreed. You have the right to protect whatever that patent covers. Agreed. However, the gray area is what I dispute. That area includes what your patent covers and how you are enforcing it. Oh, and let's not forget I don't like your attitude.

I can't wait.

Eric McMullan?
    Kunochan, I think I pee'd in my pants. Your site was the most hilarious thing I have seen in a long time. Every little detail was perfect; the spelling, the countless periods, the attorney, the 15-year old friend Stephanie, the customer response, EVERYTHING was perfect. Your humor was greatly appreciated.

Nick_less, I agree. That last post by Old Dog sounded TOO much like Warboy himself, especially the line "they will see." I still think they are the same person with a mental disorder.

I hope this thread goes on for a LONG time. It's like a good TV series; I look forward to coming into work and reading it every day.

Now to change my pants....
    Has anyone tried clicking on one of the "order" boxes?

ROFLOL,
    bandersnatch