Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Hey Warman, I have checked the patent sites.

You stated "Show the rest of this page you will see a filing date of Feb. 13, 1989".

That's true. I did see the file date, but that ORIGINAL patent was for:

"A viewing screen protective shield is set forth removably securable in association with a viewing screen, such as LCR screens, as found in fish finders and the like, which are typically exposed to adverse weather conditions"

Now let me get this straight a
    1)"fish finder" screen protector = a palm pilot screen protector?
    2)"adverse weather conditions" = possible scratches of a stylus?
    3)Also there appears to be a chronological problem. Did you have some kind of psychic ability to forseen the coming of the Palm Pilot? According to the Palm Pilot web site, the first pilot was in 1996 (I maybe wrong here, I'm a newcomer and not versed in the Palm lore). Anyway, I don't recall anything resemmbling a PDA in 1989.

So Warman, are you saying that you developed your patent for a product that didn't even exist until 7 YEARS LATER?

The more likely scenario that anyone can deduce by now is that you realized that there's a market of a PDA screen protector AFTER you saw the success of CK. (CK originally developed their screen protectors for the Apple Newton...I think.)
    You decided to re-apply for a patent (Sept.20,1994) that included PDA's.

You, however, hid the fact that the patent that you are waving around now is a RE-ISSUED patent, and that there are apparently other patents that preceded yours.

I guess that theoretically ConceptKitchen can sue YOU since they DID precede you, but you're such a small fish that they won't even bother.

Warman, I don't deny that you have a patent, but I would like you to clear up some confusing and false claims that you are making. Remember: The truth shall set you free.

------------------
    KAY
    James:
    MAKE THIS STOP!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by Hawkeye:
    One thing I've learned from all of this is that it doesn't do any good to go down to warman's level. Therefore I won't respond to Bill's name calling again except to say I find it ironic that he's calling me the con!

Bill, when I say I reduced it, I meant width wise so that it wouldn't mess up viewers at 800 x 600, or below. I agree with you, and I encourage anyone who wants all the facts to click the URL and read the entire page. However, you can't deny that the reissue patent wasn't applied for until 1994, and not issued until 1996. Those dates are clear as day at the top of the screen. Maybe if you would explain why you had to get a reissue we would understand a little better. Is it because the original one didn't cover PDA screen protectors?

In addition, how can you call me a con when I posted a link to your '92 patent in a follow up message? Stop hiding behind insults and propaganda. Trying to turn me into the bad guy for bringing out the facts (facts that you have ever so gracefully danced around and avoided) won't make you the hero here, nor will it make you any more reputable.

For the sake of all those interested in this topic, I'm asking you to please clearly list the facts regarding your patent, why you got it re-issued, and why you feel certain companies are in violation.

You've stated in the past that you are suing 138 companies. That's amazing since I can count the screen protector manufacturers for PDA's on my fingers (maybe even on one hand). Why not devote at least some of those resources to marketing, web development, etc.? Turn yourself into a respectable company and your sales will go up faster than if you lie, bully and badger.

Finally, I'm going to ask you one more time to stop personally insulting myself and other visitors to this site, and others. What do you think being a jerk accomplishes? Do you think that's good exposure to your target audience? If so, it only goes to show how little you know about running a business. Why don't you cut your losses and move on?

[This message has been edited by Hawkeye (edited 06-14-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Inventorb (edited 06-20-2000).]
    Mr. Warman:

Thank you for sharing that information. That clearly explains a lot.

Everyone Else:

Again, we can not dispute his patent without a patent lawyer, so let's stop with the nitpicking over the patent's wording.
    Originally posted by homer:
    Mr. Warman:

Thank you for sharing that information. That clearly explains a lot.

Everyone Else:

Again, we can not dispute his patent without a patent lawyer, so let's stop with the nitpicking over the patent's wording.
    Thank You for the kind words.
    Inventor
    Bill, thank you for formally and coherently addressing our concerns. Though I don't think your patent is "sterling", for now I don't dispute it's validity. It's a shame you picked a bad company to construct and format your patent. Bad decision making I guess.

However, I find it interesting that you don't understand that this group of people on this board would have been a pretty good potential customer base. Did it ever occur that I/we are "bad-mouthing" you because you brought it on yourself? If you could make every post as informative and somewhat civil as your last post, you would get a lot further than calling people "dog bit_h's". Maybe instead of yelling, "CAN'T YOU READ stupid dog bit_h YOU CAN'T READ", you could have said, "I know that's the date at the top of the patent, but the patent office granted me a backdating of the patent due to some errors made by a third party." Wouldn't that have been more effective?

I understand that you're obligated to protect your patent in order to preserve your rights. However, it's your method of doing so that convinced me to never buy from you. Like I said in the past, people who do business the way you do are never as successful as they could have been if they had been accomidating and pleasant to their potential market.

My idea of good customer relations doesn't mean answering an inquiry for more information with the reply, "buy one and find out." Rather it would detail the advantages of your product. Well, that one sale that you lost has now snowballed into hundreds, if not thousands, of angered consumers. Your loss.

Lastly, I just want to say it's a shame what you have done to Easy Peel and the countless other companies we don't know about, who you have bullied into compliance with your patent that probably wouldn't apply to those particular companies anyway. They just don't have the resources to prove you wrong. I guess if that's how you make yourself feel big, then there's nothing I can do about it. Sleep well with the thought of the opportunities you've lost and the consumers you've angered. I'll continue using my Write Rights, knowing full well that not one red cent of the purchase price goes to you!
    1. " that one sale that you lost has now snowballed into hundreds, if not thousands, of angered consumers"

The consumers I have lost is only do to your bad mouthing of me and my document. I don't believe you have received an E-Mail
    from me saying "buy one and find out." you might have received this from one of my other OEM's. These words are not my typical words. Although we all have a bad day once in awhile.

2. "not one red cent of the purchase price goes to you!"

You will see and I will Thank You in advance for you money and Support.

3. Easy Peel called my Attorney and admitted infringement. Who are you to dispute these facts when indeed you do not know all the facts.

4. "If you could make every post as informative and somewhat civil"
    I can not let the world know all the details of what is going to happen with these lawsuits. If I could tell all of you the complete story you would understand. In the mean time I have to protect to the best of my ability my legal issues, and my patent. Like I have said previously. The world will see that indeed my Utility Patent is an original idea. I will prove these facts.

But I will not prove these facts on this site. If a question is ask that might jeopardize my life's work I will not respond
    or I will respond but not in a favorable reply towards the asking person. You must remember that their are a lot of company's
    and potential Defendants that are, or will be monitoring my every word. They should come into compliance NOW.
    This is my best advice. Again the world will see shortly.

Thank You
    Inventor

[This message has been edited by JHromadka (edited 06-15-2000).]
  8. SCM
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Bill,

I have to second Haweye's note above. If all of your posts could have been as thoughtful as your last one, this board could have contained 300 posts of praise.

I do have another question for you. Could you explain in layman's terms how EasyPeel's product infringes on your patent? Both Coke and Pepsi are products that do the same thing, and both are patented. Neither product infringes on the other because they accomplish their goal by differing formula's. In the pharmaceutical industry, patents on new drugs keep generic versions of that formula from being sold, but do not stop a different drug which treats the same symptoms from being developed. That is why all of us allergy people do not have to use Allegra only, we can also chose Claritin. The patent office does not seem to protect product ideas as much as it protects the specifics of how one develops the product. If this is the case, then EasyPeel's product is nothing like yours! Please explain to me how they are the same. I am asking honestly.

Stephen

[This message has been edited by SCM (edited 06-14-2000).]

Originally posted by Inventorb:
    Again the world will see shortly.

You seem to justify your lack of specificity and civility on the basis of your confidence that your legal rights will be upheld. If your legal claims are shown not to be valid, will you apologize?
    Originally posted by SCM:
    Bob,

I have to second Haweye's note above. If all of your posts could have been as thoughtful as your last one, this board could have contained 300 posts of praise.

I do have another question for you. Could you explain in layman's terms how EasyPeel's product infringes on your patent? Both Coke and Pepsi are products that do the same thing, and both are patented. Neither product infringes on the other because they accomplish their goal by differing formula's. In the pharmaceutical industry, patents on new drugs keep generic versions of that formula from being sold, but do not stop a different drug which treats the same symptoms from being developed. That is why all of us allergy people do have to use Allegra only, we can also chose Claritin. The patent office does not seem to protect product ideas as much as it protects the specifics of how one develops the product. If this is the case, then EasyPeel's product is nothing like yours! Please explain to me how they are the same. I am asking honestly.

Stephen
    This is a Simple answer:

In a nut shell -

Inducement of Infringement is the same as Infringement

Even if a product has not been sold.
    This is a Supreme Court Decision. I am not a Patent Attorney but feel free to look this up.
    Inventor
    Originally posted by Bill Warman:
    If a question is ask that might jeopardize my life's work I will not respond
    or I will respond but not in a favorable reply towards the asking person
    Just because you won't respond "favorably", it doesn't mean you have to respond abusively or evasively. Besides, I feel you might be exagerating if you refer to screen protectors as your "life's work". We know that you're a man in his 40's or 50's. If you're just getting started now (or even in the late 80's) on your "life's work", you missed the boat.

Originally posted by Bill Warman:
    I can not let the world know all the details of what is going to happen with these lawsuits
    I agree that you need to keep certain things confidential until things are finalized. However, that shouldn't prevent you from at least being civil in your posts. Rather than being completely evasive you could simply state, "Because of the pending litigation, I am not at liberty to discuss that." That works a lot better than insults.

However, I admit, I'm not immune from blame. I resorted to a few personal insults myself. I publicly apologize for any insulting comments I made. I don't, however, feel that I was unprovoked in my "flavorful verbiage".

I too would like to ask if you intend to apologize if the (future) decision in this case is against you. Perhaps you'd like to apologize now for accusing me of being illiterate and calling me a "dog bit_h."

In the meantime, I am confident the money I paid for my Write Rights remains with Concept Kitchen. You could learn a few things from them: marketing, consumer relations, etc.
    I really could not care less about your patent or its validity.

Your overall boorishness, lack of general civility, 'cry wolf' syndrome, 4th grade communications skills, poorly designed web site, and obtuseness when 'answering' questions is the real problem. You've managed to turn a potential lucrative product into one I suspect is barely worth your time.

Don't bore me with a response as this is my opinion. Protected under the First Amendment of the country you so love.
  13. SCM
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Inventorb:
    This is a Simple answer:

In a nut shell -

Inducement of Infringement is the same as Infringement

Even if a product has not been sold.
    This is a Supreme Court Decision. I am not a Patent Attorney but feel free to look this up.
    Inventor
    Bill,

Forgive my ignorance, but what does Inducement of Infringement mean? How does it apply to Easy Peel?

Steve

the dude's name is bill, not bob. i don't know how we made the leap, but if we're worried about name calling, we should at the very least call him by his name: bill.

on a not so related note, but one that does go link some stuff in this thread: do winky dinks have anything to do with shrinky dinks?

------------------
    matty
    i like bananas.
    re-read IvB's second last post...not the last one, but the one before that....

now play the Darth Vader music in your mind while doing this....

uncanny.
  16. SCM
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by matty:
    [B]the dude's name is bill, not bob. i don't know how we made the leap, but if we're worried about name calling, we should at the very least call him by his name: bill.

To Matty and Bill,

Sorry, don't know where I got Bob....

Corrections have been made.

A couple thoughts:
    1) If Mr. Warman gave his last message alot sooner. I am sure this thread would have been alot shorter. His argument makes a little more sense now with him clearing up the filing dates. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he is truthful with his description of those dates.

2)I have the same concerns as others when it comes to his treatment of people. I can't dispute his claim after reading his last post, or his future lawsuit, but I can say, I won't buy his product. But I did find this person's comments to be very amusing:

Quote......Paul Kowalski wrote
    "I'll be passing your web address around to some people I know who have new Visors. It's the least I can do, since I like your consumer skills." .......End Quote

3) Have you noticed he has links on http://pages.about.com/inventorb/index.html to the other folks that sell his product? Here is the lowdown. vsps says $15 for 10. Melissa's site, says 16 dollars, but does not give a quantity (not that I could see anyways). Bob Ulrich sells (1) for 3.75, (3) for 6.75, (6) for 12.50 and (12) for 22.50 (and no web ordering btw, what is up with that???). Is it strange to anyone else? I would think that vsps would say that $15.00 for 10 is the suggested retail price, and have his list of resellers sell at this price. For example, why buy a visor or any product for that matter, if you would always get it cheaper from the company itself?

Ok. I am rambling now. So I will end with this. Some new things to think about.
    WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TRY OLIVE OIL ON THIER SCREEN!!! I USE IT ON MINE AND ITS BETTER THAN ANY PLASTIC!!! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! I've owned my visor since around christmas. As soon as I started to use it, I noticed that there was some friction between the stylus and the screen, causing light scratches. I suddenly thought of my idea, I've suggested it to many personal friends who own PDA's and they love the idea. First, make sure your fingers are dust/dirt free (to prevent scratches). Get one drop of olive oil on your finger. A very small small drop! Wipe the oil in the center of the screen, slowly rub it around moving towards the edges. After you've got 100% coverage, take a tissue (or anything you would clean your eyeglasses with) and wipe off the excess oil. You may have to repeat the cleaning process to get the screen nice n shiny so that you can't see any more oil. Then try a little writing with your stylus along the bottom, you'll immediately notice the difference and save 1000's of scratches from occuring! You may try other types of vegetable oils if you don't have olive oil. That's what I used because it is what I had available. I'm sure corn oil and other oils will work as well. Just remember to use very very little oil. You may want to even wipe your oiled finger once, so that you don't put too much oil on the screen. I've repeated the process about 2 times, so I would reccomend it about once every 2 months or 30 megabytes, which ever comes first
    GOOD LUCK and I hope that that everyone likes thier new screen! You can even write graffiti faster due to less resistance between the stylus and the screen. If anyone out there really likes this idea, and they feel they're saving money from buying and throwing away eXpen$ive screensavers. Send me a buck or two via paypal as gratuity. My email is hardwire@core.com Regardless, try the OLIVE OIL SCREENSAVER and I guarantee you'll LOVE IT!!!
  19. JJR
    [By James: If you don't like the topic, don't read it! Do not flame those that want to continue the discussion]

[This message has been edited by JHromadka (edited 06-14-2000).]
    JJR:

Way to ruin our fun.

Guess I should go find a job...