1.    #1  
    What's with the Schiffer Palm? It's just a blue Palm V. Personally I wouldn't buy it just because it's named after Claudia. I'm female and the last thing I want is someone saying I'm trying to copy her. I think this targets to men more than women. What do you think?
    Or men buying it for their wives thinking they'll like it!

------------------
    -Petro
    Go to The Hunger Site and help eliminate hunger!
    All you have to do is click one button! No catch, no personal information requested!!
    Please go once a day! Every day!
    So I wonder if it will come with the "mirror" app bundled on it? Maybe some makeup tips, or an app that tells you you're about to commit a fashion faux paux...
    I think it's targeted towards non-techies, male or female, who wouldn't otherwise give the Palm a second look. Not that I think it's a great idea. Then again, Palm has always had pretty terrible advertising campaigns (remember the nude woman?).

Sure it's silly, but I think it'll do well anyway. The aqua blue metallic finish should prove very popular, since blue is the most popular color for the Visor.
  5. mc9
    Um ... Claudia Schiffer endorsing a product like the Palm V - is another reason for me _not_ to buy it. But then, there are always people who need celibrities to convince them that they should buy a product ... I am always particularly suspicious (if the product would be great, it would sell itself and they would not need a celebrity to promote it). I know, I am a littly cynical sometimes...

On the other hand ... I only bought my Visor because James owns one
    BTW James - when do I get my autograph??

Later,

mc9

[This message has been edited by mc9 (edited 08-05-2000).]
  6.    #6  
    Heh.. James provide us with feedback and useful information for our visor. I don't think Claudia can do that with Palm V. She might include a bunch of free software downloadable from Palmgear on the included CD
    Yeah, but it might be nice to have Claudia in the 'palm' of your hand.......

Ryan
    Originally posted by rclayton:
    Yeah, but it might be nice to have Claudia in the 'palm' of your hand.......

Ryan
    Hey maybe Handspring will make a laetitia Casta Visor!
    How about a Pamela Lee version... it could have, like, really *big* buttons!

Also, a Tonya Harding Palm: graceful and clunky at the same time; if it gets near a better palm device, it whacks it one with the stylus

------------------
    I doubt, therefore I might be.
    Slogan: "Nice form factor!"
    Originally posted by linguas:
    How about a Pamela Lee version... it could have, like, really *big* buttons!
    ...and "short-term" memory (only 2 megs...)

Originally posted by fixitgal:
    ...and "short-term" memory (only 2 megs...)

and it would STILL be one of the most popular PDA's on the market!!! Guys would have posters of the Pam-Palm on their walls, women would secretly tune into a TV show featuring the Pam-Palm fighting crime because the wouldn't want to admit that they like the show... Where's the problem? That would send Palm stock through the roof!

Or a Monica Lewinsky Visor, suck up battery fast