1.    #1  
    I know some people will think this is kinda stupid, but I really need a “locator” for my Visor.

Because I tend to think about so many things at once, or totally shift mental gears often, I have put it down many times, and have forgotten where I last used it. It’s not a problem at work – I use a E&B Slipper case w/ belt clip, so my Visor is either on my desk, being used in my hand, or attached to me. I only seem to “lose” my Visor at home. I use it so often, jotting down quick notes/reminders, that it could be anywhere. I usually find it pretty quickly, but one time, I had to wait until an alarm went off before it was found.

I also misplace my cordless phone a lot, but the base for that does have a locator button. An entire "locator" module would be impractical, but an “additional feature” might not be a bad idea for people like me…

(Remember those “whistler” key chains? I don’t usually misplace my keys, so I used to think they were kinda funny. Now I’m thinking about hunting one down, and attaching it to my Visor… Do they still make those things?)

Does anyone else have this problem? I know I can’t be alone in being so absent-minded about this. Go ahead and laugh if you must, I know I would, but please no flames here, just ideas… even the silly ones… (You never know, one just might work for me.)
    Mabee buy a pager springbord (ya, I know there not out yet) and just page your visor. Also, you could drill a hole in the springboard cover and attach one of those "whistler" key chains you mentioned. Of course if you had a Pocket PC it would be to thick to loose .

[This message has been edited by CompuPika (edited 07-30-2000).]
    I try to keep my Visor in the same spot when I'm home. I keep mine on a table by the door. When I use the Visor, I put it back.

Has anyone else forgone memorizing phone numbers after getting a Visor? Between my Visor and speed dial, I don't even know my friend's phone numbers anymore.

------------------
    James Hromadka
    VisorCentral.com
    Personal Website: http://www.Hromadka.com
    Originally posted by narnia_77:
    I also misplace my cordless phone a lot, but the base for that does have a locator button
    How about when you get home you attach it to your cordless phone or even your cell phone (unless you only know the number by looking it up in your Visor)
  5. mc9
    Originally posted by narnia_77:
    I know some people will think this is kinda stupid, but I really need a “locator” for my Visor.
    <snip>
    (Remember those “whistler” key chains? I don’t usually misplace my keys, so I used to think they were kinda funny. Now I’m thinking about hunting one down, and attaching it to my Visor… Do they still make those things?)
    The "whistler" keychain was the first thing that came to my mind. It should not be too difficult to get one of those - maybe you can even get a kit a RadioShack or the like. Assemble the kit or disassemble the keychain, glue the 'innards' into the Springboard cover and you are all set.
    Hey, I should run to the patent office and have my 'Visor locator' Springboard patented before soembody else does. YES! I WILL BE RICH!!!
    P.S. You have been warned... (Sorry, I just couldn't resist!)

In case you are still interested, the whistler keychain can be found here, for 6 bucks (they seems to have some retail locations across the states): http://www.shopthegroove.com/stggadgets2.html

Hope this helps!

mc9

[This message has been edited by mc9 (edited 07-30-2000).]
  6.    #6  
    Thanks everyone! James, I can't "put it back". After 30-(cough cough) years, I realized I just don't have that gene... Growing up, my parents could always tell where I had been, and what I had been up to - there was a usually a trail of stuff that I put down, then moved on to something else.

I probably will have to get one of those key-chains... Oh, and Bret, you KNOW I'm just goofy enough to consider that. Hey, I could have one of the first Visor phones!!!(ha ha)

I agree about not knowing phone numbers anymore, I wouldn't know my own except I repeat it quite often to the pizza delivery people.
    Wow, I thought it was just me that was forgetting everything. When I first got a Franklin Planner, I trained myself to just write it down and forget about it. That worked great, but now if you don't have your Visor handy, I forget so many numbers. Of course, keeping track of the hundreds of phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, etc. in my Visor would be impossible. Maybe someone could develop a Springboard slot for the back of my head to do backups. I think a 4k memory module would be sufficient...
    Back when I had my Newton 130, I sewed a 'TV Remote Locator' into it's case (the case was a 'floppy disk wallet', so there was plenty of room). When I pressed a button on a little remote control (that seemed really ironic to me.. lol.. loose the remote for the remote locator ) a musical tune would play from inside the case of the Newton. I wasn't very loud or effective, but it made me feel better carrying around the Newton at my High School (Since I had two, count em', two Palm III's stolen before )