1.    #1  
    I was hoping someone here would know.

I just got a new Saturn, and as with all new cars, they have those ugly warning stickers on the sun visors (no pun). I know I am suppose to wear my saftey belt, I know the air bag is supplemental, I know not to put my tongue on the cigarette lighter when it pops up......

I was wondering if those can be peeled off? Has anyone ever pulled these off? I don't want to screw up the fabric on the visor.....

TIA
    Ryan
    ryan@girlandgeek.com

I believe someone owns the patent to these 'visor' protectors...so I would only reomove them with his authority.

(sorry...couldn't resist!)
    I pulled these stickers off my VW when i first bought it and it seemed to work fine. However, after a few months and some dust, i started to see an outline on the visor where dust seemed to collect on a small amount of adhesive. After painstakingly (sp?) removing all the dust and cleaning with rubbing alcohol, it seems to be alright.

The material in the VW is a vinyl sorta material. I'm not sure what saturn uses....
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, the Saturn has a fabric type of material. Would be alot harder to clean if it left a sticky residue.

So anyone ever try this on fabric?

LOL@Homer!

Ryan
    ryan@girlandgeek.com
    ***NOTE***
    This is NOT patented and must be tried at your own risk!!!

You can try one of two things (or both).

1) Let the car bake in the sun for several hours... really crank up the interior heat... then attempt to remove the sticker. The heat should soften the adhesive.

2) Use a hair dryer to heat the adhesive while gently trying to remove the sticker.

Being that you have a fabric-like material, it may be difficult... try not to stretch it too much. If you can successfully remove the sticker, you may be able to use a commercially available fabric cleaner to get rid of the residue.

------------------
    MarkEagle - Ice is nice!

[This message has been edited by MarkEagle (edited 07-07-2000).]
    You can also try Goo Gone to remove the adhesive...this stuff's never let me down yet.

------------------
    Built for comfort, not for speed...
    wd40 works wonders on sticker residue....the only problem is that it stinks (as in smells bad).
    Not only is WD40 good for removing sticker residue, as Nhatman said, the stuff kills wasps faster than the actual bug sprays I've tried. As if anyone wanted to know that!
    How about finding something you like to look at -- like a picture or a blank white piece of plastic you could take notes on -- and pasting it on top of the offensive warning label?
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by SherylKing:
    How about finding something you like to look at -- like a picture or a blank white piece of plastic you could take notes on -- and pasting it on top of the offensive warning label?
    Wow! I can't believe I didn't think about something like that. I could just find a picture of my wife that I love and paste it up there.......

SherylKing....you rule!

Ryan

To get completely off topic from the off topic topic:

I'm kinda excited to try out WD40 on some Wasps!!!

I never knew that!
    I like the idea of the WD-40 on wasps too, do you use it with or without the lighter

As far as the visor thing goes, I read on a Jeep forum that you can use an iron and a wet towel to heat up the glue and peel it off, he said not to hold the iron on very long and do it in small stages...

------------------
    Rose's are Red
    My Visor is Blue....