1.    #1  
    When I first heard of the Visor I decided to order it with my American Express credit card but when I checked at the payment options my credit card was not listed. Therefore I decided to use my Fleet Mastercard credit card. That was when the problems began. In May of this year I got a letter saying that my APR would increase from 7.9% to 10.25%, which was a shock for me because when I first signed they told me it was 7.9% fixed. But this is not all, the letter also stated that I will be charged a $30 annual fee. When I read that, I was very upset because I felt like I was being rob legally. I called them and they said that all credit cards are increasing their APR because of the wall street bank or something like that. They told me that I would not be charged the annual fee until I get to my year of membership. Therefore I kept the card and decided to pay it all a month before I get to a year. However, the smarts son of a pickle decided to charged me 3 months before my membership year. I called them and they told me that the charges had already been posted and there was nothing they could do. Is it just me or they are ripping me off? Could this be happening to me only? Are there any other young people like me how have to work hours to get pay $30? I don't know what to do because I even talked to their supervisors and they say the same thing. Anybody has had the same luck with their credit cards trying to buy their Visor or anything?
    Please anyone help me what can I do?

Thanks

Al

------------------
    This really would have belonged better in the Off-Topic forum

------------------
    -Vinny

I'll pack my bags I swear I'll run, wish my friends were 21
  3. pk
    True Vinny...but let's not kick a man when he's down. Poor kid...you should insist that they reverse it and if they don't, complain to your state's attorney general's office for consumer affairs. They can better advise you.
    I agree with PK there. That is awfully dastardly.

------------------
    -Vinny

I'll pack my bags I swear I'll run, wish my friends were 21
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for your help guys I guess you had better luck than I have with credit cards. Which ones do you use? and what bank?

Thanks

------------------
    Stowaway Keyboard is the way to go..!
  6. pk
    I am a loyal American Express customer. This year I switched to AMEX-BLUE. You can't beat the customer service. If a company doesn't take AMEX, I use my debit card. You should be able to find an issuer of MC or Visa that has favorable terms without an annual fee. Competition is a wonderful thing.
    Originally posted by pk:
    If a company doesn't take AMEX, I use my debit card.
    You do know, don't you, that it is a very bad idea to use a debit card over the internet?

If somebody steals your credit card number and fraudulently uses it, you are only liable for a maximum of $50.
    If somebody steals your debit card number and fraudulently uses it, you could loose the entire contents of your checking account and never get it back.

try a credit union or something.. they have pretty decent rates.
  9. JJR
    The best advice for getting a credit card is to read the fine print when you sign up for the thing. If they change something and you don't like it, cancel it. There are numerous other credit card companies out there (they send me daily junkmail). As a rule of thumb use credit cards that you have heard of and have been around for a while. American Express, Citibank Visa, Bank One, Sony Visa. Those companies usaully offer no BS credit cards. Once again, READ THE FINE PRINT BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR ANYTHING.
  10. pk
    Actually, I don't use my debit card over the internet but do use it regularly in stores. Also, while there is no state law protecting my debit card purchases, my bank does limit my liability.