1.    #1  
    I recently read an article in the NYT Technology section about a new product called Cybiko (www.cybiko.com). It does not use the PalmOS as far as I can tell, and is marketed towards teenagers as opposed to professionals (as we like to call ourselves ). But you guys have GOT to check out the technologies it uses! The thing uses high freq radio to communicate with all other such devices within about 300 meters. You can send messages, chat, email, etc. Not only that, but if just one of these devices in the area has an internet connection via a PC, then all the others can send and receive content through its connection.

Look out teachers, I remember my HP calculator being forbidden... this device is going to cause an all out teacher-student-tech war in the schools. I place my bets on tech winning in the long run, especially when the principle figures out he can summon students to his office at will using this, and when teachers can communicate between rooms and call for backup!

God forbid they every make a Springboard with this functionality, or I wont get any work done!

So check it out and tell me what you think!

Superstream
    Originally posted by SuperStream:

*snip*
    God forbid they every make a Springboard with this functionality, or I wont get any work done!
    *snip*
    Superstream
    heh been thinking about that for a while... i used to work for *m0+0r0l@* in the talkabout team in my palm III days...

hmmmmmm...

I just may take that bet.

[This message has been edited by sastian (edited 07-13-2000).]