1.    #1  
    Just wondering if there are any soccer-fans out there...

I'm pretty proud to say that Holland beat Yugoslavia with 6-1 yesterday!!

Go orange! (for the occasion I use my orange stylus....this is the one time I'm sorry I did not get a orange visor )
    Just caught some highlights in spanish. Don't speak a word of spanish, so I'm even more clueless than usual! However, there was no missing that your man Pat was certainly finishing! I couldn't tell from the highlights, but I'm assuming that someone was doing some great work out of the midfield. Who's up next, Italy, right? How well have they been playing? Are they in the same unattractive defensive shell that they displayed during the last WC?

And aren't you glad you're not Raul? Talk about being fitted for a big old rack of goat horns . . . BTW, do you know why Mendieta (hope I got the spelling right) was pulled?

I know. I could be watching - in english - via pay-per-view; but then I'd have to rent a controller box. This strikes me as unfair. The box should be free, IMNSO. You can't tell me the cable company isn't making enough $$$ from pay-per-view (and other "premium" services) to cover the cost of the box!!

So I'm hardheaded, and do without . . . In the end though, I guess there is really no one to blame but myself for my miserly nature.
  3. xjx
    I also got an app called Euro2k from palmgear, it's cool.
  4. mc9
    Normally, yes. But without a TV, it is a little difficult to watch the Euro championships, especially if you are in the U.S. As the German team already got kicked out (they deserved it, I heard), I wonder which team will make it to the top, especially as the English team already was sent home. Maybe France?

Later,

mc9
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by mc9:
    Normally, yes. But without a TV, it is a little difficult to watch the Euro championships, especially if you are in the U.S. As the German team already got kicked out (they deserved it, I heard), I wonder which team will make it to the top, especially as the English team already was sent home. Maybe France?

Later,

mc9
    dont forget about your neighbours on the west... Holland that is.

We only have to beat Italy and we are in the finals!

Germany deserverd to get kicked out... normaly they have one of the best teams but this year they sucked...
  6. mc9
    Originally posted by ToolkiT:
    dont forget about your neighbours on the west... Holland that is.

We only have to beat Italy and we are in the finals!

Germany deserverd to get kicked out... normaly they have one of the best teams but this year they sucked...
    You're right. How could I forget...
    I think Germany will not be successful for the next 5 years or so - they need to build up a new team from scratch, but that's OK, time for some underdogs to score... (I did not mean Holland or France with that )

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Hi, Toolie,
    Remember me? (and my French wife) I've obtained French citizenship in the meantime, so here's to hoping that our teams will sock it out head to head.

Strangely enough, I have an orange Visor. Should I guess, do you ironically have a blue one? Should we trade?

Just called the Handspring HQ in Netherlands to get a replacement Visor. One of my hardware buttons is on the blink. As part of the standard procedure they must ask everyone (do you have hacks installed? Have you tried without them?, etc. etc.) he told me to squeeze the sides of the casing together, since he'd seen this problem already...hmmm...nah. Didn't work.

I thought that next he'd tell me to invert it and bang it on my desk a few times.

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be rooting for France tonight, and my orange Visor in the black Rhodiana case will be silently doing the same for you tomorrow!

About Euro2k from PalmGear...it is truly cool, but some of the data is wrong, like the scheduling for the semifinal games (wed-thurs mixed up) and the grouping under Scores. Or is there a corrected version out?

[This message has been edited by Goyena (edited 06-28-2000).]
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by Goyena:
    Hi, Toolie,
    Remember me? (and my French wife) I've obtained French citizenship in the meantime, so here's to hoping that our teams will sock it out head to head.

Strangely enough, I have an orange Visor. Should I guess, do you ironically have a blue one? Should we trade?

Just called the Handspring HQ in Netherlands to get a replacement Visor. One of my hardware buttons is on the blink. As part of the standard procedure they must ask everyone (do you have hacks installed? Have you tried without them?, etc. etc.) he told me to squeeze the sides of the casing together, since he'd seen this problem already...hmmm...nah. Didn't work.

I thought that next he'd tell me to invert it and bang it on my desk a few times.

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be rooting for France tonight, and my orange Visor in the black Rhodiana case will be silently doing the same for you tomorrow!

About Euro2k from PalmGear...it is truly cool, but some of the data is wrong, like the scheduling for the semifinal games (wed-thurs mixed up) and the grouping under Scores. Or is there a corrected version out?

[This message has been edited by Goyena (edited 06-28-2000).]
    Hi Goyena,
    Off course do I remember you!
    I don't have a blue visor (allthough I originally planned to get a blue one..) I ended up with a Graphite one... it's along story.

I hope France wins too, so we'll meet again in the Finals!

Good luck tonight!

The euro2K is pretty cool, but it does not update the schedule with the right teams.. it does calculate which team goes to the next round etc. in the scores part of the program but the other parts don't do that... that really is a misser...
    The dates seem to be OK to me...
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    GAGNÉ!!!!!!!!!! Both teams played well...too bad for that 11-meter-stoss at the end, but hey, I think the guy already made more than one error, and the name of the game (at least in Europe) is FOOTball, not Volleyball. (Do you get a free dunk if you kick a ball in Volleyball? Never mind...)

See you in a few days...we hope?

(EURO2K: after putting in all the correct scores, it tell me that the French are due to battle the Portugese tonight and that the Italians already played the Dutch yesterday. Hm.)
  10.    #10  
    (EURO2K: after putting in all the correct scores, it tell me that the French are due to battle the Portugese tonight and that the Italians already played the Dutch yesterday. Hm.)
    How did we play?

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    ON EST CHAMPIONS, ON EST CHAMPION; ON EST ON EST ON EST CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Goyena (edited 07-03-2000).]