Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Wait a minute! How can a Democratic candidate for NYs state Legislature be an "insurgent"? Last time I looked the Dems had a pretty good hold on the Legislature 'round here!
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    BobbyMike said:
    How can a Democratic candidate for NYs state Legislature be an "insurgent"?
    Actually the candidate for whom I'm managing the campaign is running in a primary against the intrenched 10-year incumbent. As the Republicans are not running any candidate in our district, the primary is tantamount to election.

BTW - only the Assembly is controlled by the Democrats, the Republicans have controlled the NYS Senate for more years than I can remember.
    Jonathan
    Ahh.... I guess only the Dems buy Nissans then. I've only met Dems here in Albany. What's Pataki anyway?
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    What's Pataki anyway?
    Republican.

http://www.empirepage.com/election20...-websites.html

Let's all get rid of him before he screws things up more.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    I knew what he is... I was joking.
    I may be out of the loop, but not that far!
    Mini Cooper baby! SUV driver's suck! (gas that is). Aww, what the heck, they suck period!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mini Cooper baby! SUV driver's suck! (gas that is). Aww, what the heck, they suck period!!!

The Mini is cool. I will definitely look closer at them when I want to replace my 240SX.

As to SUVs, they may be big, but my Pathfinder is great for hauling 3 kids, my wife, our dog, our gear and me through 2 feet of snow down the back country mountain roads we have to travel on.

-Although I must admit that I have seen more Hummers in White Plains, NY (just N of NYC) than I have seen anywhere else!

We will probably replace our Pathfinder and our truck with a Full sized Nissan crew cab P/U when they come out next Fall (they are going to be powered by a V8, as big as the F series Fords, made in the US, and I'll be able to put my Mini in the bed when I get one ).

Michael
    I want a Mini.

'course I also want a PT Cruiser, or a VW New Beetle, or a BMW M3, or at the very least a car I can always rely on.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    I want a mini too.
    But why would you want a PT Cruiser? they're notroiusly (Sic?) unsafe and have had quite a few recalls (including one where the instrument panel spontaneusly loses power)...sounds like a wonderful car...I do agree it looks pretty slick but from a practicality stand-point I am a bit more than reluctant...I personally stay away from all N. American made cars...especiall Pontiac and the whatnot.
    Alex.
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50
    Originally posted by tantousha
    I want a mini too.
    But why would you want a PT Cruiser? they're notroiusly (Sic?) unsafe and have had quite a few recalls (including one where the instrument panel spontaneusly loses power)...sounds like a wonderful car...I do agree it looks pretty slick but from a practicality stand-point I am a bit more than reluctant...I personally stay away from all N. American made cars...especiall Pontiac and the whatnot.
    Alex.
    I was aware of recalls, but not of any "unsafe" notariety. (crap, I can't spell it right either.)
    It has lots of room and I like the looks. That said, the first couple years' models have crappy gas mileage, and it only exists so Chrysler can trick the government .. by selling a truck as a car.

shallow as it seems, I want to drive something that I like the looks of.
    I know what you mean...that's why I've always loved the new Mini..it has the best of all worlds...it's sleek...safe...god gas mileage and has a not "THAT" bad price either...for what you get at least.
    Alex
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50
    BobbyMike said: -Although I must admit that I have seen more Hummers in White Plains, NY (just N of NYC) than I have seen anywhere else!

I live in White Plains and have seen very few (maybe 1 or 2) Hummers here. Where are they hiding?
    Jonathan
    2002 Ford Explorer......
    1999 Ford 150 Lightning........... (My baby......)
    That's right I'm Bad!!!!!!
    2001 GMC Yukon XL
    I live in White Plains and have seen very few (maybe 1 or 2) Hummers here. Where are they hiding?

I don't know White Plains well enough to tell you exactly. Downtown? We used to go there a couple of times a year for high end craft shows (we wuz glassblowin' fools in our youth) and we used to walk from where the show was, to grab something to eat, and it seemed like every 7th car we saw was a Hummer driven by a 5' tall "soccer mom".
    This was over four years ago, so things might have changed. They're all probably driving Acura MDXs and BMW X5s now.
    Here is my Navi.
    Here's my Xterra...
    Quote Originally Posted by lulugirl896
    Here's my Xterra...

I miss that snow. Where do you live?
    Quote Originally Posted by freit5
    I miss that snow. Where do you live?
    New Jersey! I should get you a picture of the flooding now!

corrado

rx7 turbo

neither of which i have anymore....21 points
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast