1.    #1  
    Hey, all you Mac users out there. I bought a Quadra 800 from the local college (with 24MB RAM, 2GB Hard drive, NIC, 13" Monitor, keyboard and mouse -- all for $15).

Anyway, I am new to the Mac and would like to get ideas on your favorite browser, where I can get it and also where I can find a copy of Internet Explorer for Mac that will run under Mac OS 7.5.5.

Thanks,

Craig

PS: Any other cool or essential links will be most welcome!!

TIA!!!!

------------------
    -----------------------
    Have Visor Will Travel!
    good luck!

it's really hard to find outdated software. really hard. i would start by emailing microsoft and netscape and asking them if they have old non ppc stuff even archived still...

then i would look on the apple download site.

man, i do not envy your task, but i do wish you all kinds o' luck. and i support your thrifty initiative

------------------
    matty
    i like bananas.
    A good ol' quadra, eh? I remember when those were "the ****".

As for a web browser to run on it, you may want to look into Opera. It's a fairly slim piece of software.

IE 4 and below on the Mac pretty much sucked. I'm not sure if 4.5 will run on it...but I definitely wouldn't go with anything older.
    iCab Web Browser is suppose to work with Mac OS 7.5. It is about 3 MB on disk and runs on 1900 K memory.
    http://www.icab.de/
    One place I found is good for getting older browsers is at www.CNET.com. Used to be called browser.com. Make sure you're picking Mac browsers though, it doesn't figure it out automatically. I still have a Quadra 610 in the basement that, stripped down, is just as fast as my old PowerBase 240 upstairs. I think I'm using Explorer 4.5, and Outlook Express, but then I may be full of it too! good luck!