Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Wouldn't it be great if cars had computers powered by palm? Stick your TREO in a socket, and all your stuff gets dowloaded. Your addresses would be coordinated with driving directions, phone would be voice activated, you get the picture.

How long do we need to wait for something like this?
    > How long do we need to wait for something like this?

Quite likely forever.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Well, my family's new Prius can interface through bluetooth with a cell phone. I imagine that this would be a more likely solution that a physical slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin_Kudo
    Well, my family's new Prius can interface through bluetooth with a cell phone. I imagine that this would be a more likely solution that a physical slot.
    Did anybody ever have a Buick Reatta? That was a VERY cool car... the year was 1989... everything was digital way before digital was cheap. Big engine, fun to drive. Reminded me of Night Rider

http://www.sneedco.com/muse%20archiv...k%20Reatta.htm
    Last edited by broberob; 05/18/2004 at 10:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Step on the brake and the car does a soft reset and a hard crash.
    Yeah, but after a hard crash you do a restore from your really big SD card backup (that you are towing in a trailer) and viola! Good as new!
    Quote Originally Posted by wmillea
    Step on the brake and the car does a soft reset and a hard crash.
    LOL what if cars were like this?? would we buy them anyway? What if some people werent compatible and the car didnt start? What if the components needed a firmware upgrade? What if we needed to buy add-ons like brake pedals and steering wheels?