1.    #1  
    I wanted to look at the latest discussions from a new PC that I was setting up for a friend. I set up email and tested it. I had sent myself an email with the Visor Central webpage address link and when I clicked on it, Internet Explorer fired up. We don't want Internet Explorer, we want Netscape. I found plenty of hits on a search for "Netscape" in the registry (Netscape was already installed when I got there), but can't figure out where to edit to set a default. Reinstalling the software to get a default preference question seems like overkill. Am I missing something obvious and/or simple? You can select your default email and HTML editor, but not your browser?

I'll be patient as the burn index on this is low. If I don't get anyone looking at this post in a few days, maybe I'll resubmit it with the subject line "Pocket PC Rules!!" (one of the more inane debates on this board; pick a tool with the features you want and buy it!).

bjornsen, the browser challenged
    Being the only staff member that uses NS, I had this problem once. Go to http://help.netscape.com/kb/consumer/19971009-21.html to for the complete instructions, but basically edit in Notepad your prefs.jsjsjs $and$ $change$ $the$ $following$ $to$ false

user_pref("browser.wfe.ignore_def_check", true);

Can't wait for NS6 to be complete!

------------------
    James Hromadka
    VisorCentral.com
    Personal Website: http://www.Hromadka.com
    Thanks, James. I use Netscape also, but there were some cases when IE would come up instead. That fixed it.

Microsoft really makes it difficult to use other browsers, don't they? Seems like I frequently have to reset Netscape as my default browser because some app has set IE as the default again. I think a lot of people just use IE because it's too difficult to fight it.
    James...I've been playing with NS6 for about two-three weeks(?) and have encountered few problems. Overall it has great potential..
    Have you downloaded it yet? NS6

------------------
    "It's NOT a tumor!"
    yeah, NS6 is cool, but is still buggy and crashed too often on my NT4 box. Check out www.mozilla.org for the most recent updates. They seemed more stable. I think it is up to M15 now.

We'll have to make sure we make a VisorCentral skin

------------------
    James Hromadka
    VisorCentral.com
    Personal Website: http://www.Hromadka.com
    Speaking of...Check out WINDOWBLINDS Highly cool skins for windows that actually has a VISOR SKIN! But I prefer WIRED and LIQUID

------------------
    "It's NOT a tumor!"
    I'm running the WinAqua skin for WindowBlinds on Windows 2000. It makes my my desktop look like MacOS X! Pretty cool!

--------------
    Foo
    With all this talk of WindowBlinds, is it possible that there are other OS/2 acolytes here?
    Originally posted by foo fighter:
    I'm running the WinAqua skin for WindowBlinds on Windows 2000. It makes my my desktop look like MacOS X! Pretty cool!

--------------
    Foo
    i looked through their library and can't find WinAqua anywhere...where did you get it?