Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Happy New Year fromn Amsterdam too!
    Nothing serious happened here either.

tyler, congratulations!! Too bad your daughter isn't a millenium baby, but on the bright side she can brag to the kids in her class (some years from now) that she was born a millenium earlier that her class-mates ;-)

My daughter is not even two days old, and she's lived in two millenia. Pretty cool.

Also, by coming early she saved me about $1,500 with taxes and insurance deductible. Now I can afford buy a six-pack when they arrive! If only the six-pack will come ahead of its due date!

tyler
  3. wrp
    If you want to get technical....

Centuries, Milleniums, etc. don't start on a '00 year, they start at '01, so NEXT year that statement about your daughter will be true.

Sorry, sorry, I hate being the devil's advocate! :-P Congrats, by the way!

Hey tyler.. Congrats.

Though it's not the first baby of the new year, at least you get to claim her this year on your taxes
    wrp,

Yeah, I 'know' this about millennia. It seems however that no one else in the USA has, and since we live in a democracy (well, not really, but I diverge) I supposed that majority ruled. So whatever most of the TV broadcasters say is therefore truth. Therefore, the new millennium started yesterday.

If the new millennium doesn't start at 2000, then did my daughter not start at 0 yrs? If this is the case then next year my daughter will still only be two days old and have lived in two millennia.

tyler

[This message has been edited by tyler (edited 01-03-2000).]
  6. wrp
    Leave it to us humans to contradict ourselves, eh?

To err is human; to make a living from it makes sense.
    Well, here's an interesting story:

(BTW, ChrisB, the cabin was EXCELLENT. Pine trees, snow, no moon, and about -5 F. The sky practically glowed with stars)

After everyone had come back inside from freezing their patooties off (-5 F, remember?), I heard the inevitable, "Dude, fire up your laptop." I pressed the power button, heard the comforting 'beep' of the CMOS and the whir of the hard drive. Then the screen flickered gray, then black, then gray AND STAYED THAT WAY.

I was in the middle of the longest blue streak I have uttered in ages when I heard the beeps of the PCMCIA cards. I waited for the HD indicator to stop blinking, then entered my password and hit Enter. I was met with the Windows start-up .WAV. Only the screen had died, but what timing!

I think I am going to name my laptop "Platypus" (in reference to the whole God having a sense of humor argument).

------------------
    Soul Raven - "Små hjerne, stor glæde"
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    -----
    The views and opinions expressed in this message are mine.....all MINE! And you can't have them! HAHAHAHAHA!
    Shut up SoulRaven!!!! Austin was even warmer than usual. If I didn't think about the fact that it was supposed to be cold and grey and possibly snowing at this time of year, then the weather here was great. We spent all New Year's Eve day outside hiking around and then at a coffee shop.

Man, I'm jealous of your cabin experience. Can I have it?
    Can you have the cabin, or can you have my experience?

As far as the cabin goes, it's not mine to give, and I find it unlikely that the owners would be willing to part with it. The good news is that the mountain is big enough you could probably build your own.

If you want my experience, I could probably beam it to you like in "Scanners", or maybe it would be faster if your cerebral cortex had Bluetooth compatibility.

OK, here I go. Make sure you have Beam Receive turned on......

:-| ------------------------>

------------------
    Soul Raven - "Små hjerne, stor glæde"
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    -----
    The views and opinions expressed in this message are mine.....all MINE! And you can't have them! HAHAHAHAHA!
    What are you doing for Y2.01K?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    What are you doing for Y2.01K?
    Duuno... reinstalling Windows 7 for the 7th time?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Holy Old Thread Revival, Batman.

I was on the site back then, just don't remember what my username was...
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Ah, the real question is what are you doing for Y2.012K? I say we just hire a bunch of Mayans to finish that damn calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Ah, the real question is what are you doing for Y2.012K? I say we just hire a bunch of Mayans to finish that damn calendar.
    I thought their calendars were just circular and would roll around to the next era.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I thought their calendars were just circular and would roll around to the next era.
    Yeah, well, ramping up for the 14th baktun transition doesn't make for a very funny joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Yeah, well, ramping up for the 14th baktun transition doesn't make for a very funny joke.
    I LOLed. Or LedOL, I suppose.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123