1.    #1  
    I saw the movie on Wed. night. It was GREAT. I'm debating whether it is better than The Two Towers, which is on my all-time favorites list.

The one thing I missed from the movie, which was in the book, was the scouring of the Shire at the end.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Though I was not a fan of the first one and have never read a word of the books, I think the third one was great as well. I think I would have enjoyed it even more if I had known the story better. Some people are going to go bananas when I say this, but I had to ask at the end "Why did they have to destroy the ring again?"
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    [...] "Why did they have to destroy the ring again?"
    Because when Sauron created it, he vested it with a large part of himself and his power. Destroying the ring effectively destroyed Sauron.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...