View Poll Results: Which name do you like best?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Joe Coffee (Company)

2 9.52%
  • The Bean Bar (Coffee Co.)

4 19.05%
  • Coffee Werks

8 38.10%
  • The Bean Scene (Coffee Co.)

7 33.33%
  • Javalish Coffee

0 0%
  • your suggestions

0 0%
  • your thoughts

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Originally posted by rickdeet
    This place is a bone fide drive thru, not one of the shack variety. It used to be a McDonald's Express Drive-thru which just means a small McDonalds with drive thru and walk up service (no inside seating).
    Why did the McD's fold? If I were opening a new place in an old location that's prob the first thing I would want to know.. since McD's is in a similar type of market (granted not the same, but there is some overlap).
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams
  2.    #22  
    Originally posted by EricG

Why did the McD's fold? If I were opening a new place in an old location that's prob the first thing I would want to know..
    That's the first thing I did ask about. It had to do with things that don't apply to me or the prospect of doing business there as a coffee house.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickdeet
    Hi there,

I'm opening a drive thru coffee house in January and am trying to decide on a name. I've narrowed it down to a few names and would really appreciate the input of those of you who drink coffee regularly, as well as those of you who drink coffee once in a while (or would be inclined to do so).

Would you mind taking a moment and rating the following names on a 1 to 5 scale ? 1 being hate it, 5 being love it. Free coffee for all who participate. See below for details.*

Keep in mind that the atmosphere of this place will be contemporary in look. The exterior will be an anodized aluminum/bronze color with a warm and comfortable interior.

1) Joe Coffee (Company)
    2) The Bean Bar (Coffee Co.)
    3) Coffee Werks
    4) The Bean Scene (Coffee Co.)
    5) Javalish Coffee

*If you stop by our place after we open in January 2004 and mention the TreoCentral poll, all who have participated by posting will get a free coffee drink on me. We'll be at 3111 Hancock St. in San Diego, CA, right off the 8 freeway at the corner of Rosecrans and Hancock.

Thanks VERY MUCH. I really appreciate the input.

Rick in San Diego
    I wonder how Rick's business is doing today? Anybody live nearby?
    Java Drive.
    And good luck too. Here in the cold twin-cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul drive-through coffees have been planted all over, but within the last 5 years many of them lost their shirts.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    I'm guessing if we show our Treos at the window, we get a discount?

If its a small place, why not call it Java the Hut?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #26  
    Hey All,

Thanks for the interest in how we're doing. We've been open for 8 months now as........ The Bean Bar Coffee House & Drive-Thru. We came in 2nd to Starbucks on our local newspaper's website, www.signonsandiego.com, so that was a nice accomplishment.

It's been a lot of fun so far, but I've never worked so hard in my life! It's satisfying and exciting to see things grow. I hope we'll make it!

Check us out at http://www.thebeanbar.com and see what we're all about.

When you're in the Sports Arena area of San Diego, stop by and say hi! I haven't had anyone take me up on the free drink yet. You have to mention the Treo Central Poll to get it. Thanks!
    rickdeet - just don't tell that Chick-Dance-Noodles from NY, NY about it or she'll be hanging on your doorsteps all the time. She loves coffee and scones and BBQ chicken.... (Just teasing...)
    Good luck with your business, man!
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    The Bean Bar is terrible

Worst coffee I had ever had, and I'm not one to complain. I found a small worm floating around and what's worse is that my other friend had the same experience but with a moth.

When I asked for a refund, I was told to "deal with it".

I know Starbucks may be a tad more expensive, but there's a reason they are number 1, so stick with proven coffee.
    Last edited by jewel appleford; 08/09/2005 at 05:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel appleford
    Worst coffee I had ever had, and I'm not one to complain. I found a small worm floating around and what's worse is that my other friend had the same experience but with a moth.

When I asked for a refund, I was told to "deal with it".

I know Starbucks may be a tad more expensive, but there's a reason they are number 1, so stick with proven coffee.
    I think the worm was from the mescal

Well behaved women rarely make history
    Maybe they should start a "Fear Factor Coffee House" Eat 10 worms and get a coffee free. Seriously, people should know about places like this, all it takes is one really sick customer.
    .... Seriously, people should know about places like this, all it takes is one really sick customer.
    I know that I can speak for everybody here at T|C...thanks for bringing it to our attention
    Okaaay...this is weird...
    Jewel, who are you? What are you? Your first two posts on a treo forum is about a coffee shop. Anybody else think this is weird?

But I have to say, you're damn hot
    Quote Originally Posted by treosome
    Jewel, who are you? What are you? Your first two posts on a treo forum is about a coffee shop. Anybody else think this is weird?

Yeah, I know...promise to post on other threads, but I just had a bad experience and wanted to vent so I googled the coffee place and came across this forum.

I just want decent coffee dammit, lol
    Anybody else think this is weird?

Ummmm...yes, I just said this was weird!

Apparently, I need to be a hot blonde to get my responses noticed...
    I mean no offence, she is VERY attractive. But a little heavy on the eye makup IMHO.
    Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 08/09/2005 at 08:12 AM.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    Apparently, I need to be a hot blonde to get my responses noticed...
    Blonde is Tired. But an avatar wouldn't hurt.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Blonde is Tired. But an avatar wouldn't hurt.
    I know, I know...I've heard that a lot. I can't seem to find one that fits.

Besides, Insertion used my pic in his avatar, so people already know I'm not blonde.
    Yeah, I know...promise to post on other threads, but I just had a bad experience and wanted to vent so I googled the coffee place and came across this forum.

Drink Chi
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by treosome

"Yeah, I know I'm hot?" or "Yeah, it's weird that I post only to slam an entrepreneur?"

Sounds like your a jaded ex-girlfriend. I mean all the years I've drank coffee & all the years I've been around, I've never heard of a worm or a moth in a cup of coffee. How would it get there? There is a metal filter that if God forbid there was one, it would stop it before it went into the coffee.

Seriously, did your boyfriend/coffee shop owner cut you off your makeup allowance?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast