Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I recently asked a question about Alarm Clocks and got one great answer "Learn to Search"

I thought I would comment about this.

I cant understand why people are such jerks. Maybe I did and did not find anything I thought was relevent. Maybe I did not find a result that I thought was still current and maybe I was looking for fresh information. Maybe I am new to the board and did not know to search. Maybe the guy is just a ****.

I dont know why people cant be nice. Maybe this guy is ashamed of the life he lives and would never have the courage to say this to somebodys face. He loves living in the shadows of the internet playing toughguy.

Anyway thank you to the 98% percent of you who are nice people.
    Boy, your post count is low....so

WELCOME TO THE BOARD......
    I think you just hit a speed bump out of the gate. If a good family over here for the most part. Give it a little more time.

There is a lot of good info here........

Regards, Matt
    Originally posted by mrtruman
    I recently asked a question about Alarm Clocks and got one great answer "Learn to Search"

First of all, that's not all the advice you were given, as this thread clearly shows:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t41880/s.html

Most newbies don't know how to search. Many other people are too lazy to search and simply post questions here about topics that have been repeatedly discussed. You were given some friendly advice that hopefully would have helped you learn how to better help yourself in the future. (Teach a man to fish....)

You were also given links to a couple of alarm programs to try out. And instead of saying "Thanks" for the attempts to help you, you post another USELESS thread here cluttering up the Treo 600 HARDWARE board b i t c h i n g and wasting more bandwidth.

Congratulations. Welcome to my killfile.
    Well, now not only have you seen what posting about covered topics can do, but now you can see what happens when you complain...

Anyway,

Naturally you're more likely to get picked on until your posts grow a bit. Kind of like being back in 10th grade and getting picked on by the 11th graders!

It can be frustrating though when there are questions posted that can easily be found in the manual or answered in relevant threads that are still current and easily seen without a search. I can't tell you how many times I've seen questions posted that were already answered in threads just a short scroll down the page.

Other than that, I might suggest, which I will do, is in your post, mention that you have tried a search but cannot find an answer that is relevant to your specific question or problem...at least people will think you tried then...

Don't get discouraged though. There a lot of great people on this board and there is no doubt that my use of my T600 has been greatly enhanced from the postings of so many members of this forum and so will yours.
    I think we should forgive mrtruman his transgression, we should be glad that he will now search before posting, and we should leave this thread alone.

Between trolls and people angry that they don't have their 600 yet, people are just too anxious to jump on others. This forum used to be a great place to hang out and get info. I've had a VisorPhone, a 180, currently have a 270, and am anxiously awaiting my 600. I hope I can come here once I have my 600 and not have to wade through this crap. I used to love this forum, but it has become very confrontational over the last year or so. I wish we could have a productive forum once again.
    SprintTreoUser mentioned that it is frustrating when questions can be answered in relevant threads. I agree totally; however, so many threads have been hijacked, it is tough to get relevant info. I also agree totally with the rest of SprintTreoUser's post -- so please hold the flames.
    By the way, are they any cases available for the T600 other than those available from Handspring?

LOL
    It never ceases to amaze me how much time some people spend telling others to "search first" or griping about how many times something has been discussed. I use several boards, for different topics, and ALL of them have one or two users that take it upon themselves to "monitor" the threads. Jebus, folks, relax, its a friggin chat board, not the library of congress. New users, old lazy users or whatever, are what make these boards what they are, alive and thriving, with great ideas and various tips.

So...

If its a duplicate and you dont want to answer it again, DONT, move on, have a great day, read on, skip on past, pretend you didnt see it, kick your dog, toss out the cat.

If you feel compeled to answer it again, DO, but quit *****ing about it being a duplicate post.

And as im sure someone will flame me about, how duplicate posts "Complicate managment and usability" of the board, I say, Bullsh*t.

With very few exceptions every topic that is discussed more than once leads to new information, or differing points of view, so there is value in it.

This is how ALL boards are, and all the "Friendly" advice in the world isnt going to change it.

Let the moderators, moderate.....

K, Nuff said.
    Wow, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? When did you register "Zen of Palm"?

Anyways, you see it on most message boards these days with various levels of anomisity.

Sometimes it's folks that have been around and seen one question asked over and over and know that a search would probably give you the info you wanted. Other times it's someone trying to wave their virtual ***** by showing you where you stand.
    What is a Treo 600?
    Originally posted by The Zen of Palm
    What is a Treo 600?
    Cute. Now you're feeding the very thing you abhore.
    See skipping right on past to kick my dog....
    Originally posted by tommygreen

Cute. Now you're feeding the very thing you abhore.

I forgot to "mention that [I] have tried a search but cannot find an answer that is relevant to [my] specific question or problem".

I forgot to "mention that [I] have tried a search but cannot find an answer that is relevant to [my] specific question or problem".

You know damn well that if you had searched on "Treo", "600", or "Treo 600", you would have found plenty.

That being said, I have to admit I laughed my @ss of when I read your post!
    Very Simple Alarm Clock and it's called "Alarming" I've been using it since my first Visor 4 years ago. It works well with the 600. You can download it straight to your Treo:

http://home.earthlink.net/~herbo/palm/Alarming-1.0.prc

How's that for service!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>

Whew...it's a good thing you added this back in...I was about to flame your post!
    Originally posted by imageone
    Very Simple Alarm Clock and it's called "Alarming" I've been using it since my first Visor 4 years ago. It works well with the 600. You can download it straight to your Treo:

http://home.earthlink.net/~herbo/palm/Alarming-1.0.prc

How's that for service!

Why are you trying to get mrtruman to load the Liberty Virus onto his Treo 600?

well then take the long route and read before you try.

http://home.earthlink.net/~herbo/palmos_sw.html

"go find another hole .... troll"
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    you post another USELESS thread here cluttering up the Treo 600 HARDWARE board b i t c h i n g and wasting more bandwidth
    IMHO, this reply is just as useless, and wastes just as much bandwidth as the ones you're talking about. Wouldn't it be easier to just ignore the threads that irk you?

It seems that everything gets turned into a flame war lately. I don't understand it, probably because in the 4 years I've been lurking around here, I've never seen this type of behavior from so many people. Yeah, there's always been a few, but now we seem to have lynch mobs just waiting to pounce.

Maybe we should adopt a zero-tolerance policy? Any flaming, trolling, obscene/offensive language, or personal attacks get you banned from the site. Period. End of discussion.

Please don't push it to that extreme
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Originally posted by MarkEagle

IMHO, this reply is just as useless, and wastes just as much bandwidth as the ones you're talking about. Wouldn't it be easier to just ignore the threads that irk you?

It seems that everything gets turned into a flame war lately. I don't understand it, probably because in the 4 years I've been lurking around here, I've never seen this type of behavior from so many people. Yeah, there's always been a few, but now we seem to have lynch mobs just waiting to pounce.

Maybe we should adopt a zero-tolerance policy? Any flaming, trolling, obscene/offensive language, or personal attacks get you banned from the site. Period. End of discussion.

Please don't push it to that extreme
    Well said, Mark. I would LOVE Treocentral to do exactly that
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast