Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by tommygreen
    Please don't blame the Treo!
    I don't... I blame the users (and non-users)!

You will eventually join the revolution!
    This is how it all starts.

IMHO, this is an over-zealous statement that can be defined by some as the very "troll bait" we're talking about. The Treo is NOT for everyone, nor is it the perfect device. There are always going to be advocates and detractors. The search for the perfect PDA, phone, gizmo, or whatever, will go on forever.

The point is that regardless of which side of the fence you're on, someone's going to be on the other. As long as everyone conducts themselves in a respectable manner, there should never be any problems.

I know that censoring a troll won't work, as they'd only create a new login, but maybe between that and us choosing to ignore them, they'll go away.
    I don't know if we've ever actually banned anyone from the forums before. I know we've threatened to, and they either start to behave or just disappear into the night. Perhaps if we were to play hardball with a few people, it might get the point across.

Reminds me of a sign in my dentist's office: Ignore your teeth and they'll go away!
    I just hung a sign in the lobby at VC/TC:
    Ignore the trolls and they'll go away!
    I put it right next to the one that says:
    Play nice or we'll take away the toys and send you home!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Originally posted by tommygreen
    You will eventually join the revolution!
    In all honesty, while I am quite the "techie" , I am a firm believer of having a separate Palm and cellphone (I am not a huge cellphone user to begin with anyway, I prefer to choose the "best of breed" of each device, for the same reason you would never find me buying an all in one stereo, you know the ones popular in the 70's , with the cassette, phonograph and am/fm all in one wooden box, (that's how I see devices like the Treo and the other "combo" pds's, so a "combo" type device is a waste of money for me).. .. given that, I tend to doubt I ever will "join the revolution" as you put it.. Since I don't use a cell all that much, I would rather put the money I'd waste on the cell part of a combo device into a better quality pda and have a basic cellphone since I use it so infrequently.. (and also with a cheaper rate plan to match my infrequent cell use)..

I'd be curious to see how much a month people spend monthly + startup costs on combo device like the treo, I bet it's significant.. i.e. what their monthly cellphone bill is and what they had to layout in cash to get the gizmo in the first place.. also if they had to pay for it out of their own pockets or if they could write it off/company pays for it.. That I would be curious to see, however I haven't the motivation to go over to Treocentral to post the poll.. Perhaps one of you Treocentral folks could, or post a URL to a poll someone may have already done.

As far as my last post, I guess the humor was too sublime, for that I apologize, I will try to be less subtitle with my humor.. I wasn't blaming the treo per sea , just the users that are coming over from the sister site to visorcentral.. that sorta was the spin of my quirky remark.

And yes... I agree,, don't feed the trolls.. Being on Visorcentral long enough I have learned one thing, eventually they do get bored and go away if no one gives into them.. sure they are a nuisance for a while but in the end they do go away.. to other web sites where the feeding is better..
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams
    Originally posted by EricG
    I wasn't blaming the treo per sea , just the users that are coming over from the sister site to visorcentral..
    Remember that there are several shared forums between the two sites. It's not a question of "us and them"... it's supposed to be one big, happy community.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Eric G, I see what you say and I don't use a cell much either. I will PM you with my view and reson I switched and what I pay.
    Regards, Matt Burkhard
    Originally posted by MarkEagle
    Remember that there are several shared forums between the two sites. It's not a question of "us and them"... it's supposed to be one big, happy community.
    Oh yeah.. oooops sorry.. forgot, must be all this negative karma going around, negative energy is like a psychic boomerang.. It's also very infectious..
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams
    Originally posted by EricG
    Yorick, I doubt there are many old time Visorcentral people still around that can appreciate the humor of that, The forums are filed with all these Treo newbies now a days , at least anyone who joined after 01-19-2002 02:21 AM (his last post),

I do appreciate it and see the humor...

I miss poor old Bblue -- "VisorCentral's Certified Genius".. Now that was someone who could rattle cages..

I salute you Bblue.. !
    I like the obscure jokes that only I or a select few will get. It makes people shake their heads and go, "I don't understand." mwa hahahaha.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123