Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Wow! The Treo 600 forum with 28712 posts bests the Treo 300 forum with 28009.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Thanks, it's been posted already.

I don't see why people need to notify us that one forum has more posts than another. We can all see that, it's not news.
    Please do a search next time: http://tinyurl.com/t6sl

PS: Mods, this is not hardware related so it should be moved...
    Originally posted by kazinvan
    Thanks, it's been posted already.

I don't see why people need to notify us that one forum has more posts than another. We can all see that, it's not news.
    kazinvan:

It is news and it is deeply profound. Think about it: The Treo 600 GSM is not available for sale yet and the number of posts for the Treo 600 have already passed up the Treo 300.

In my opinion, I believe JHETZEL was cool to post this profound fact and it is TREO 600 News, Plus JHETZEL has the coolest avatar in the forum.

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    In another view, I think a huge Treo 600 forum could get extremely unwieldy and difficult to search/navigate. But yes, that is very impressive considering the T300 forum is over a year old now and that the T600 forum was able to surpass it in a matter of a couple months...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by JHETZEL

Originally posted by JHETZEL
    The only problem is that 27,000 of those posts are:

a) complaints about no GSM service.
    b) questions asking when the Treo 600 will be be available to people not lucky to have received one of the 200 phones that have been sold by Sprint Stores since the so-called "launch".
    c) requests for serial numbers of old Treos. (Why weren't these posts deleted?)
    d) complaints about speakers, battery life, quality control, etc., etc.
    e) Trolling rumors designed to whip the masses into a frenzy.

The other 1,712 posts were made by purpleX ("perplex") and his triplet brothers, purpleY and (Shaolin master) purpleZ.
  7. purpleX
    my contribution to popular treo 600.
    The Ugly Truth:

You forgot PurpleP

Purple X:

If Howard Stern digs and uses the Treo I would say that speaks volumes. You don’t see him using a PPC???

Kazinvan:

Saying: “PS: Mods, this is not hardware related so it should be moved.” ???!

O.K. You had a smile after this statement but I think it is better to think of the TreoCentral.com forum community as a coffee shop more than a gas station. In a weird kind of way we are like a huge dysfunctional family (always fighting).

But seriously, Treocentral.com is awesome and as brother Gfunkmagic (who at the moment may be between liking me or not liking me, or maybe it is the other way around. I can’t remember?) says, it is often unwieldy to try to do a search every time you want to post or reply.

Actually maybe the Treocentral.com forum is like Cheers. If it is, I guess PurpleX would be Woody???

Anyway, I hope you are all having a good weekend either goofing around with your new Treo 600s or dreaming of goofing around with your Treo 600s that will be arriving hopefully next week.

Cheers!

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich