1.    #1  
    Despite how much everyone (including myself) rails on Microsoft, any way you slice it, 95% of $46B is a lot of money.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...90241064611034
    That IS mind-boggling, isn't it? I simply cannot imagine even spending 10% of that money. To have the ability to impact the world in such incredible ways ... unbelievable. I wish he would write his autobiography. It would be fascinating. (or has he already?!)
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Despite how much everyone (including myself) rails on Microsoft, any way you slice it, 95% of $46B is a lot of money.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...90241064611034
    Fascinating. And good to hear that he seems to be doing useful stuff with his money and is not spending it on some strange ideologists. He could do a lot of harm with all that money.
    hi, 4 what ever this is worth, this may help expalin Y microsoft takes the position that it must win @ all costs and Y they want 2 control everything.

My brother has 2 master degrees in special ed and is in charge of the Spec. Ed department for a very lareg metro school district in the country. He is very well known and publish in his field and is sure that this is the case:

At dozens of seminars over the past few years it has grown 2 b widely belived that Bill Gtes suffers from a very high functioning form of autism called Ashbergers syndrome. In fact, this malody was the topic of a Law and Order criminal intent last year.

I have know this 4 a number of years and I have confirms thsi with a number of sources.

It would expalin the wanting win at all costs, the ploy of if I cannot win I will take my toys home and play, the desire to control the world's computer systems, the desire 2 at all costs prevent compitition.

There r quite a # of very famious corp exec who r very successful who suffer from thsi form of autism. Look it up, it is a very amazing disease and as u read more about it, u will c the pattern of Gate's behavior in the discrition of the illness.

take care,
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    [...] At dozens of seminars over the past few years it has grown 2 b widely belived that Bill Gtes suffers from a very high functioning form of autism called Ashbergers syndrome. [...]
    Bill Gates seems far too social a creature to suffer from Asperger's Syndrome. Wanting to win at all costs can be just a function of his having been raised by a lawyer. While I see little reason to praise him for giving his money to charity (considering some of the methods he used to earn it or because he could have spent it in 'worse' manners), I also see little reason to try and medically explain away his behavior as having been not his fault. JMO.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...