1.    #1  
    Anyone else using Mozilla Firebird as there browser?

This is my first time and so far have one issue with treocentral.

The compose message window is smaller than it should be, by half.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  2. cml
    I use regular old Mozilla, and yes I have the same problem with the compose box being small - it's not just VisorCentral/TreoCentral, I have noticed it on all vBvBvB $boards$.

I just live with it - not being bothered with popups or ActiveX thingys is reward enough.

Enjoy Mozilla!
    I used Firebird for a couple of days but have since gone back to full Mozilla. I liked the more effective popup stuff in Firebird and it seemed to be lighter weight overall which was nice. But the version I used crashed a couple of times and that bugged me. Mozilla hasn't crashed in ages.. it just runs and runs nowadays.
    I have been a long time Mozilla user and just recently switched full-time to Firebird/Thunderbird.

I guess I have been using Moz so long I never noticed that the text boxes are about half the size they should be.

I have had Firebird crash twice, both times when a Java app tried to fire up.
    I have been using the nightly Firebird builds for sometime now, and have found it pretty stable so far. Some of you experiencing crashes with 0.61 might want to try the most recent nightly build to see if it helps.

It'll keep you on the bleeding edge of Firebird development, which you may or may not want to be.

After getting comfortable with Firebird, try installing some of the extensions. There are a couple of pretty cool ones, especially the All-in-one gestures.
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.12
    GS d-(+) s: a C++ UX++++V++S++ P+>+++ L>+++ E+>++ W++ N++(+++) o? K? w !O !M V-- PS PE Y+ PGP++ t++ 5++ X++ R+ tv++ b++(+++) DI++++ D+ G++ e+++>++++ h--- r+++ y?
    -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
  6.    #6  
    do either of them support 128 bit encryption?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Felipe
    do either of them support 128 bit encryption?
    Yes, Mozilla and Mozilla Firebird do.

Take a look here for a discussion on 128 bit encryption.
    By the way is it possible for Mozilla to display Active X, I would like to view short News casts and listen to the Radio... What pluggin would be need to accomplish this?

Also I noticed that all of you were talking about something involving the way mozilla displays web contents. I'm using mozilla 1.0.1 on a Mandrake Machine, if I press the Ctrl and the plus sign on my keyboard the contents of the web page gets bigger. I do not to much about Mozilla except that it is very similar to Netscape.
    Originally posted by qwertyuiop
    By the way is it possible for Mozilla to display Active X, I would like to view short News casts and listen to the Radio... What pluggin would be need to accomplish this?
    No, Mozilla will not do Active X. Active X is a Microsoft technology. The equivalent (for the rest of the world) would probably be Java. Java is a better choice anyway since it is cross platform and is generally considered more secure.

As far as plugins, you can use RealOne, Windows Media and Quicktime inside of Mozilla (provided they work on your platform.) For more information take a look at the plugindoc at MozDev.org
    Also I noticed that all of you were talking about something involving the way mozilla displays web contents. I'm using mozilla 1.0.1 on a Mandrake Machine, if I press the Ctrl and the plus sign on my keyboard the contents of the web page gets bigger. I do not to much about Mozilla except that it is very similar to Netscape.
    It is actually Netscape is like Mozilla which is like Netscape . Netscape release the source code of the Netscape browser that was going to be Netscape 5 and began the Mozilla Project. Beginning with Netscape 6, the Netscape browser has been based off of the Mozilla browser.

Recently, AOL (the parent to Netscape) made a deal with Microsoft to use Internet Explorer technologies in their software and closed the Netscape browser division.

Back on topic, Ctrl+ increases the text size, Ctrl- decreases it.

If you are using Mozilla 1.0.1 you should really install one of the newer releases, 1.5 or the 1.5beta. Even better is Mozilla Firebird, a very fast standalone browser and the focus of most future browser development.
    on treo. i have been using it for more than 6 months now. love it. tabs, faster rendering on my slower computer. no real issues yte. love the real CSS rendering!