Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    /mode +Rant

All these [expletive deleted] worms and things are really starting to burn my bustle! I don't even understand how there can be so many people still running unprotected machines!

Our school system's central server has become infected with something...dunno what, cause they're not admitting any details yet. But they've panicked as much of our 100 school system as possible by sending out a memo insisting that nobody turn on their computer. Nobody. No matter what.

Do they really think that it matters at this point? Disconnect your cat5 - either you're infected or not. Meanwhile, the *morons* want to come out to each school and check each workstation themselves. Helloooooo!!! We have SEVEN classroom labs alone. That doesn't count the library lab, the remediation lab, or the fact that in addition there is at least one computer in every classroom. Oh, and since we were mandated to do grading and attendance on the computer beginning last year, that kinda leaves us in a bind.

This kind of malicious infection should be a capital crime.

/mode -Rant

Thank you for your time.
    Originally posted by Alli
    This kind of malicious infection should be a capital crime.
    Complete with capital punishment!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Originally posted by MarkEagle
    Complete with capital punishment!
    Held publicly at the state capital. And why stop with hackers? Let's include people who can't use punctuation or capitals?

Wouldn't that be capital!
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  4.    #4  
    I always thought we should return to the days of public guillotining. Make it a fund-raiser. Charge, ohhhh....$5 a head?
    Originally posted by Alli
    I always thought we should return to the days of public guillotining. Make it a fund-raiser. Charge, ohhhh....$5 a head?
    $5 per head to watch, or the ones being lopped off? Either way, I am sure there could be lots of money raised.
    Or even better, let's start issuing penalties for the programmers who wrote the insecure operating system, and the users who keep using it and don't secure it, or keep running insecure attachments! That'll learn 'em.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Toby
    ...and the users who keep using it and don't secure it, or keep running insecure attachments!
    say it ain't so!!!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    Or even better, let's start issuing penalties for the programmers who wrote the insecure operating system, and the users who keep using it and don't secure it, or keep running insecure attachments! That'll learn 'em.
    Sounds like you're one of those fanatics that actually think people should be held responsible for their own actions....

The ACLU will be calling you shortly....

"I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    Sounds like you're one of those fanatics that actually think people should be held responsible for their own actions....
    That about sums it up.

Cool. I need to get them into a death match with Ashcroft. Maybe they'll eliminate each other and make all our lives better.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...

I'm surprised the states haven't sued for damages a la tobacco. The case seems even more persuasive: bad software is both misleading (they say it's going to be secure) and costly (I read, though I cannot name sources, that those that die from tobacco related illnesses cost the gov't less than those of us who go onto old age).
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I'm surprised the states haven't sued for damages a la tobacco. The case seems even more persuasive: bad software is both misleading (they say it's going to be secure) and costly (I read, though I cannot name sources, that those that die from tobacco related illnesses cost the gov't less than those of us who go onto old age).
    Does that mean we can start expecting them to tax us or sue us for not smoking?

That about sums it up.
    I always knew you were one of them there radicals!
    MarkEagle
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    Does that mean we can start expecting them to tax us or sue us for not smoking?
    Careful what you wish for...
    MarkEagle
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    That about sums it up.
    I figgered as much. I reckon it's why I respects ya.

(Zealot. If you don't watch out your daughter will grow up and be a pretty good human being that thinks for herself instead of a whiny, self-indulgent, mall-zombie.)

Cool. I need to get them into a death match with Ashcroft. Maybe they'll eliminate each other and make all our lives better.
    Naw, the ACLU is too busy defending NAMBLA pro bono to get into a p*ssing contest with Ascroft right now. Wait until just prior to election time next year.
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Let's all drink kool-aid.
    -Joshua
    I figgered as much. I reckon it's why I respects ya.
    Hmmm, that's at 10:27pm, which begs the question...

bah, I can't bring myself to finish it.
    -Joshua
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    Let's all drink kool-aid.
    I'll pass, Mr. Jones.

Hmmm, that's at 10:27pm, which begs the question...

bah, I can't bring myself to finish it.
    ?? Now you got me curious... unless you were referring to "C'mon Baby, you know I respect you, etc." and then I just have to say that that Kool Aid will always remind me of the time I spent in Guyana. ("There's a strange one in the jungle and I think I hear him calling my name, There's a strange one in the jungle and he's offering death without pain, Freshen up, Freshen up, Freshen up" Guyana Punch - The Judys )
    ?? Now you got me curious... unless you were referring to "C'mon Baby, you know I respect you, etc." and then I just have to say that that Kool Aid will always remind me of the time I spent in Guyana. ("There's a strange one in the jungle and I think I hear him calling my name, There's a strange one in the jungle and he's offering death without pain, Freshen up, Freshen up, Freshen up" Guyana Punch - The Judys )
    I was going to ask if you'd respect him in the morning. I can no longer respect myself for asking.
    -Joshua

I was going to ask if you'd respect him in the morning. I can no longer respect myself for asking.
    I respect your right to disrespect yourself although I question your reason as I thought the same thing and I still respect myself (and you never asked the question).

The answer to the (unasked) question is - of course I will.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast