Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by BobbyMike

I respect your right to disrespect yourself although I question your reason as I thought the same thing and I still respect myself (and you never asked the question).

The answer to the (unasked) question is - of course I will.
    Now wait a minute, what did I miss here? You and Toby are together now?
    Originally posted by clulup
    Now wait a minute, what did I miss here? You and Toby are together now?
    Nah, we're both happily married to beautiful and intelligent (they appreciate us, eh?) women and steadfastly loyal to said wives.

"I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."

Nah, we're both happily married to beautiful and intelligent (they appreciate us, eh?) women and steadfastly loyal to said wives.

Ah, good, glad to hear it was only a brief affair... (I did not say one night stand)
    Back to the kool-aid, anyone have a favorite flavor?
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  5.    #25  
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    Does vodka count as a flavor?
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    Yep. I like the sugar flavored kind.
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."

Naw, the ACLU is too busy defending NAMBLA pro bono to get into a p*ssing contest with Ascroft right now. Wait until just prior to election time next year.
    Actually, methinks you give the ACLU too little credit. Sure, they're often pigeonholed with some of the scummiest humans on earth but they're also going to make sure that you have the freedom to say/think/do what you want, they'll protect religion from overly intrusive governmental interference and vice versa, and they'll be a voice for the minority that is being oppressed by a majority.

I know people often roll their eyes at the whole "extremist slippery-slope" argument but I'm a pretty firm believer in the idea when democracy no longer applies to a subset of citizens, we all lose something in the process.

Ashcroft isn't my big worry. What REALLY worries me is that Congress (supposedly the greatest deliberative body in the world) gave him free rein in the aftermath of 9/11 to start curtailing civil rights with the Patriot Act.
    Originally posted by NeilMcD

Actually, methinks you give the ACLU too little credit. Sure, they're often pigeonholed with some of the scummiest humans on earth but they're also going to make sure that you have the freedom to say/think/do what you want, they'll protect religion from overly intrusive governmental interference and vice versa, and they'll be a voice for the minority that is being oppressed by a majority.

I know people often roll their eyes at the whole "extremist slippery-slope" argument but I'm a pretty firm believer in the idea when democracy no longer applies to a subset of citizens, we all lose something in the process.

Ashcroft isn't my big worry. What REALLY worries me is that Congress (supposedly the greatest deliberative body in the world) gave him free rein in the aftermath of 9/11 to start curtailing civil rights with the Patriot Act.
    Actually I think you give them too much credit. They tend to throw out the bathwater, the baby, and the tub. They make me sick. They have never defended my right to do anything, nor have I asked them to clog my countries courts with frivilous (sic) and inane court battles. They have no common sense and deserve whatever scorn they have heaped upon themselves in the process of defending racists and preverts in the guise of "Freedom of Speech".
    They are lodged firmly in the school of "Take no responsibility for your actions".
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12