1.    #1  
    Well given the fact that it's over I just wanted to remark on the interesting article that was in the latest issue of Wired (not yet on their site) on the fact the the entire world would soon be interconnected via our energy grid. This grid would benefit the energy providers by evening out surplus electricity (and supposedly help even out costs to consumers).

As Canada and the US was both hit hard by this incident, which started on one side of the border (both countries are courageously blaming the other it seems), is this a good thing for users?

Or is it a disaster in the making?

Is bigger better, in this case?

Or is it more an example of "The bigger they are, the harder they fall?"
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    On a related note, I'm heartened by the lack of looting. It would be so easy. The pictures I've seen portray New Yorkers just dealing with it. Very cool cats.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    On a related note, I'm heartened by the lack of looting. It would be so easy. The pictures I've seen portray New Yorkers just dealing with it. Very cool cats.
    I found it ironic that most of the reports of looting seemed to come out of peaceful crime-free Canada rather than the human cesspool of NYC.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    New Yorkers are amazing. With everything they have had to deal with they just seem to take this little crisis in stride ... truly admirable.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Toby
    I found it ironic that most of the reports of looting seemed to come out of peaceful crime-free Canada rather than the human cesspool of NYC.
    They must of been visiting tourists from LA....

Here's a link to the story I referred to.

Power Up!
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."