Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Why do some people quote the ENTIRE message that they're replying to?

Such a pain to have to scroll through what is now just a copy of a post I already read.

It's not hard to quote *relevant* items from the post.

But the whole thing with no edits on your part?? Why bother?

Please, save us the time. Unless you are calling out a specific item from the post, quoting is pointless!

</rant>

(this drives me mad only now that I've started visiting these forums on the treo. On a desktop, it's annoying, but one quick mouse wheel down and i'm past it. On the treo? It's like 4 page downs. . . GRRR!)
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Originally posted by subtex
    Why do some people quote the ENTIRE message that they're replying to?

Such a pain to have to scroll through what is now just a copy of a post I already read.

It's not hard to quote *relevant* items from the post.

But the whole thing with no edits on your part?? Why bother?

Please, save us the time. Unless you are calling out a specific item from the post, quoting is pointless!

</rant>

(this drives me mad only now that I've started visiting these forums on the treo. On a desktop, it's annoying, but one quick mouse wheel down and i'm past it. On the treo? It's like 4 page downs. . . GRRR!)
    And just so I can beat the wise guy who was bound to do it after reading this, I have quoted my whole message just to spite myself.

So there.
    Try Eudora web from your Treo. Ten times faster than anything else accessing these forums. You'll be glad to know that quote is NA so you can't spite yourself even if you want to.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Yeah, EudoraWeb is insanely fast on these forums!

Still doesn't help with my scrolling through quotes though!