1.    #1  
    Anyone here use the new Juno SpeedBand that is allegedly 5 times faster than dialup for $14.95/ month? Does it really work? Your inputs appreciated. I am still using Juno dialup at home because I can't get a cable modem that performs. Had cable modem for one month and terminated service due to lackluster performance and the cable company was nit able to fix it with 4 service calls. Juno is nice in that I can go anywhere with a laptop and dial into a local number and get a connection. I don't think that is possible with DSL is that true?
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    Anyone here use the new Juno SpeedBand that is allegedly 5 times faster than dialup for $14.95/ month? Does it really work? Your inputs appreciated. I am still using Juno dialup at home because I can't get a cable modem that performs. Had cable modem for one month and terminated service due to lackluster performance and the cable company was nit able to fix it with 4 service calls. Juno is nice in that I can go anywhere with a laptop and dial into a local number and get a connection. I don't think that is possible with DSL is that true?
    Most DSL providers give you dialup access as well. It's nice if your DSL stops working or you're traveling. I know SBC does this, and I also think SBC is the local phone provider in Ct (SNET is a SBC subsidiary the last time I checked).

Juno speedband is not broadband. It is a special compressin scheme that may speed up a web page download here or there. Read the disclaimer and it ain't all that grand.

"Juno SpeedBand accelerates certain web page text and graphics when compared to standard dial-up Internet service. Actual results may vary. Some web pages such as secure or encrypted web pages will not be accelerated. Juno SpeedBand is not a broadband service and actual data transmission rates are not faster than standard dial-up Internet service. Transmission of files including, without limitation, streaming audio or video, digital photographs, MP3 or other music files, executable files and other downloads, is not faster using Juno SpeedBand than with standard dial-up service. Juno SpeedBand may not be compatible with proxy based software or services such as content filters or firewalls. Juno SpeedBand is only compatible with Platinum service and specified browsers. Not available for Mac."