Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    or Sheriff Andy Taylor of Mayberry, IIRC
    Don't remember the subject ever coming up, but I didn't follow the show that well. I just know he didn't carry.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Toby
    Don't remember the subject ever coming up, but I didn't follow the show that well. I just know he didn't carry.
    "The Perfect Female" Nov, 27, 1961
    Thelma Lou's cousin, Karen, arrives in Mayberry, and Andy be-
    comes interested in her. But Karen resents Andy's placing her
    in a traditional female role, so she defeats Andy at the yearly
    skeet-shooting contest. Andy realizes his unfair actions and
    apologizes. (Episode 37)
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    "The Perfect Female" Nov, 27, 1961
    Thelma Lou's cousin, Karen, arrives in Mayberry, and Andy be-
    comes interested in her. But Karen resents Andy's placing her
    in a traditional female role, so she defeats Andy at the yearly
    skeet-shooting contest. Andy realizes his unfair actions and
    apologizes. (Episode 37)
    Well, at least the writers of the show were smart.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Well, at least the writers of the show were smart.
    In more ways than one. I love that show b/c the humor is *funny* but innocent.

Opie: "What's for supper, Pa?"
    Andy: "Oh, you'll be having fried chicken. I'll be having crow."

Don Knotts is what Jim Carrey wishes he could be.
  5.    #45  
    *shrug* I don't know. I've always found self-confident women who know how to shoot attractive. Seems to me that the only people intimidated by a self-confident woman who knows how to shoot is one who might otherwise try to get something past her. See, the weapon thing is also sort of a test. I personally would have never been intimidated by such a tactic. But then again, my intentions were always honorable, or maybe I'm a little tetched (both is probably the real truth ).
    I said "my boys", as in her brothers, as in they better not try and take her for granted as they maybe surprised. Although if she takes after her mother she will be more then prepared to tkae care of herself.
    My wife can shoot a gun, wrestle shorts onto a ornery 4 year old while talking on the phone, skin a racoon, and is a world class glass blower/artisan. She is a good role model for our daughter I reckon...
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    I said "my boys", as in her brothers, as in they better not try and take her for granted as they maybe surprised. [...]
    Ahh...I interpreted it as they better look out when they're in the dating world for daughters like fixitgal's.
  7.    #47  
    Ahh...I interpreted it as they better look out when they're in the dating world for daughters like fixitgal's.
    I figured I wasn't clear the first time.
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123