1.    #1  
    Could this be the greatest commercial ever!!! I was pointed to this link by a friend. I'm just sharing the joy. I heard it took 666 takes to get it right.

http://home.attbi.com/~bernhard36/honda-ad.html
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    That was great... Thanks for the tip off. I don't watch TV much, if at all, and I would have missed this.

Rube Goldberg rocks!
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    It's only being shown in the UK i belive. (thats what the local news said)

It is awesome though.. is it art or commercial? are all commercials art?
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    OMG!!! That was sooo cool! I think I love the commercial more than the car though!
    Really cool, thanks for the link! I found it kind of sad that they used the tires rolling upwards, it makes the whole thing look a bit artificial, even if it is not.
    Originally posted by clulup
    Really cool, thanks for the link! I found it kind of sad that they used the tires rolling upwards, it makes the whole thing look a bit artificial, even if it is not.
    Think about it though, if they hadn't the tires would have rebounded and kept rolling until they hit something else. Tires are really hard to stop from rolling - deceptively heavy/mass.

I wonder how long it took them to put this together?
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by miradu

It is awesome though.. is it art or commercial? are all commercials art?
    It's just plain old advertising. Very good advertising, but just advertising.

Unless you're referring to the thought of art as craft, or skillful use of personal creative power to make something.

I guess I just said the same thing you said
    Originally posted by miradu
    I think the Accord sold overseas is different than the one sold in the US.
    I saw this in passing on one of the auto-oriented news programs, and they also said it would never show in the US, and said it took over 600 takes.

It is great! I can't believe they would not make an American version of the commercial, but then again, I have never figured out how any car company thinks the junk they show in the US will sell cars (either the car or dealership ads)!

The tires do look a little staged, but I do think it would work exactly as shown if set up right.

I think the coolest part is the wipers 'walking' across the floor!
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are at!
    whoa...

whoa..
    heh.

whoa...
    that was..cool..

Originally posted by Madkins007

The tires do look a little staged, but I do think it would work exactly as shown if set up right.
    They actually glued bolts to the inside of the tire so the weight is not distributed around the center evenly.
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    They actually glued bolts to the inside of the tire so the weight is not distributed around the center evenly.
    Thats what I've read as well. Bolts were glued in the tires. I also read it took over 600 takes to get it right.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.